Xhin

Aug 7, 2017
One more thing, are you going to add a gallery or something to replay old scenes?

Ahree5sa

Apr 13, 2019
The Quiz is a big red flag, as red as roshi's nosebleed. I watched the show on TV and read the manga (a long time ago) now, 20 years later, I can barely remeber the names of the characters. The names btw., were different in different countries/regions and I picked some of them up on the internet over the years (memes and such). Some of the characters that already appeared in the first couple of minutes never appeared in the manga, I'm fairly certain. So, if you expect me to remember the number of times a character (even krilin) died, or which planet someone came from or learned something.... eh... no chance in hell! And if I have to look up the solution to your quiz, what point is there to have it in the first place, if it's not fun? I'm sure the game continues like that: a chore to play all the way through. I hate to be negative because I have such fond memories of DB.... but .... I did it anyway. With a good game, once you are hooked, you can get over a difficult bit with enough potential energy. But that needs buildup. Make it easy and fun in the beginning and then increase difficulty on some bonus objectives. That's the usual way to go....

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
never played this game before so I don't know how it was before but now it's full of bugs, it always crashes whatever you do, you play cards and crashes, you buy something and crashes, you talk to chichi and crashes, it's impossible to play it

Reactions: peixe751

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
It's too much to scroll 38 pages but I'd like to know if the art is hand-drawn by someone or is this put together from the images found on the internet?

There's no info about the art in the main post.

Xhin

Aug 7, 2017
It's too much to scroll 38 pages but I'd like to know if the art is hand-drawn by someone or is this put together from the images found on the internet?

There's no info about the art in the main post.
Only a few scenes came straight from the show but everything else is hand-drawn to match the show's art style

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Just a couple of suggestions. Make the tutorial optional. Your game's not that deep, it doesn't need a forced tutorial. And for chrissakes fix your volume mixing. Nobody should have to mute their computer immediately to avoid damage to their eardrums when opening your game.

Reactions: Nauthy Turtle

FunPlaya

May 3, 2018
I gave Gohan the pass and now he is in Gokus house but now i can't give him the photo. Is that a bug?

Nauthy Turtle

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
I would love to improve the strip poker and the game in general, do you have some advices to share ?
For the strip poker thing, make it a bit easier like doesn't cost much to play cause getting money is tedious and too much grinding . Plus Bulma has good cards too so she could make you broke quickly. If its possible, increase the amount of money you win against the people in west z city and the tournament place so there less grinding so you can buy more cards or the other stuff in the shop.

TLDR: Make it easier to get money

P.S: Besides the grinding, Good job on the scenes and from the looks of it, you're gonna cover all the sagas and the filler ones too, right? Given how you are responsive to the community, I see a promising future for the this game and I can see myself becoming a patron for this game in the next update or 2
[/QUOTE]
Ok got it, thank you very much for those detailed suggestions, I really appreciate it. I'll try to improve those points (y)

Yes I planned to make all the sagas with fillers. Thank you I will be glad to welcome you on Patreon, thanks for the support :)
One more thing, are you going to add a gallery or something to replay old scenes?
Yes there will be a Gallery for the scenes replay.
The Quiz is a big red flag, as red as roshi's nosebleed. I watched the show on TV and read the manga (a long time ago) now, 20 years later, I can barely remeber the names of the characters. The names btw., were different in different countries/regions and I picked some of them up on the internet over the years (memes and such). Some of the characters that already appeared in the first couple of minutes never appeared in the manga, I'm fairly certain. So, if you expect me to remember the number of times a character (even krilin) died, or which planet someone came from or learned something.... eh... no chance in hell! And if I have to look up the solution to your quiz, what point is there to have it in the first place, if it's not fun? I'm sure the game continues like that: a chore to play all the way through. I hate to be negative because I have such fond memories of DB.... but .... I did it anyway. With a good game, once you are hooked, you can get over a difficult bit with enough potential energy. But that needs buildup. Make it easy and fun in the beginning and then increase difficulty on some bonus objectives. That's the usual way to go....
The quizz is not fun for you but some other players like it and I'm open to any suggestions to improve it. Exept the quizz, what did you found too hard so I can see what to adjust ?
never played this game before so I don't know how it was before but now it's full of bugs, it always crashes whatever you do, you play cards and crashes, you buy something and crashes, you talk to chichi and crashes, it's impossible to play it
I never heard of so many crashes before. Did you started a new game or used an old save ?
Whenever you talk to chichi the game goes back to the Start Screen
Can you send me ypur save please ? I will check it.
Just a couple of suggestions. Make the tutorial optional. Your game's not that deep, it doesn't need a forced tutorial. And for chrissakes fix your volume mixing. Nobody should have to mute their computer immediately to avoid damage to their eardrums when opening your game.
I was asked so many questions about how to do stuff in the game that a tutorial is required. However I will add a choice to activate it or not. I lowered the sound from the main menu to 70%, should be less ear damaging.
Thank you for the suggestions (y)

Reactions: Xhin

Ousawa

May 28, 2017
Don't really know if this is a bug, but when at the beginning of the game you choose girl you will think of, there is a radar with her in right corner, but it dissapear during the game and never shows again later.

Nauthy Turtle

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
I gave Gohan the pass and now he is in Gokus house but now i can't give him the photo. Is that a bug?
Well you were supposed to give him only one photo of Chichi at the begining of the quest. You can't give him an other one normally.
How do I help? Do you need an artist, animator, or what? I want to help, just let me know.
I REALLY need someone good enough scripting RPG maker to help with the coding phase and create events / debug in RPG maker Vx Ace so I can concentrate myself on the art part.

I also need someone to create an attractive Wiki walkthrough because it looks really bad actually. And also some help to exctract some NPC sprites from the legacy of goku games.

I loose a lot of time doing all of that alone, Updates will be quicker with some help.

Do you want to help ? Or anyone here ?

Last edited:

Nauthy Turtle

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
Don't really know if this is a bug, but when at the beginning of the game you choose girl you will think of, there is a radar with her in right corner, but it dissapear during the game and never shows again later.
You can activate the radar HUD in the options, I need to find a way to fix that. Thank you for the feedback (y)

Rising_Hell

Jun 16, 2017
[
Old saves aren't compatible with new Updates. There are only 18 carrots in V0.05 so If you have found the 19 carrots in V0.05 using a new game, then send me your save and I will fix it.

I would love to improve the strip poker and the game in general, do you have some advices to share ?
I do actually. For starters the price 250 zeni is too high. It should increase as the number of clothing disappears. It's 250 each time so unless you grind really hard you could easily get fucked and have to start over again. So the Base should be small. 50-100z for first one then increase it.
An fyi I just mostly played cards with NPCs to grind up zeni. I was mostly here for the strip poker.
Maybe you can add a drink feature. Make things a bit more interesting.
I personally find the card game a bit infuriating. Npcs sometimes just take out one busted card and destroy your entire lineup.

Also I encountered a problem during my run for some reason during the stip poker I couldn't see the card numbers of my or my opponents card it just disappeared in strip poker and this doesn't happen when battling NPCs outside strip poker. I'm not sure if this is a feature or bug. Trying to make me remember my card numbers sort of thing.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes