MIC132

May 14, 2018
I noticed all the Kansen games are tagged with "built-in flowchart" on vndb, but I can't find it. Any ideas about that?

JayTac

Oct 5, 2017
Those aren't included in the remastered versions (which the ones posted here are).
Can't do much about it other than using a guide, although the site I normally use ( ) doesn't have Kansen 3 for some reason .

MIC132

May 14, 2018
Those aren't included in the remastered versions (which the ones posted here are).
Can't do much about it other than using a guide, although the site I normally use ( ) doesn't have Kansen 3 for some reason .
I find it a very weird decision to get rid of timed choices (a QoL decision) but also get rid of one of the best QoL elements a VN can have - a built-in flowchart. Maybe it was hard to do in that engine..

lab637

Dec 12, 2018
1. downloaded the archive, unpacked it with Japanese encoding
2. downloaded the patch and installed it
3. renamed the Japanese characters of the .exe file to English text, and any mistake in the word is an extra space or something = the game does not work.
super strange solution) but it works :D
Kansen 2 or Kansen_2 does not work, only Kansen2
Thanks for sharing this, couldn't get any of the games in this series to launch until I did this. Also major thanks Daze for creating a tool that allows us to read these with a decent quality translation, astounded how quickly the AI translation can pump these out at the quality it is.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: dazedanon

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
Have the same problem, and couldn't download Applocale, so kind of confused here as to what I should do
It's difficult to know what issue you are facing without details.

For me, I drag the "kirikiri" Application file onto the Game Application file and the game works.

The latest patch is also necessary, and you apply it by overwriting the files in the game with the files from the patch.

Not sure if necessary, but I also had my CPU's "Country or region" set to Japan when downloading and unpacking all the game files.

SirLoser

Jul 16, 2019
It's difficult to know what issue you are facing without details.

For me, I drag the "kirikiri" Application file onto the Game Application file and the game works.

The latest patch is also necessary, and you apply it by overwriting the files in the game with the files from the patch.

Not sure if necessary, but I also had my CPU's "Country or region" set to Japan when downloading and unpacking all the game files.
For some reason setting the region stuff in Japan hasn't worked, I did try the kirkiri application and it didn't work, even I overwrote the files.

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019
For some reason setting the region stuff in Japan hasn't worked, I did try the kirkiri application and it didn't work, even I overwrote the files.
I see.
I'm not sure what you mean by you can't download Applocale.
Do you need a download link?
If not, then there's nothing else I can do.

InsaneMonster

Jul 30, 2022
Here's a walkthrough and save bundle. The walkthrough is a HTML file based on format from Seiya-Saiga's guides. The walkthrough is highly complex compared to the previous 2 series, I'll explain the reasons in the spoiler section. Use the saves in the save folder if you find it difficult to follow through. I've redone the saves so that they will match the walkthrough's save points except quick-saves as these get overwritten over time.

Simply extract the files and run the walkthrough on a browser. For the saves, locate a SPEED folder in Documents as the game might have created the save directory there. Do back up your previous saves if you intend to just view progress differences.

Do let me know if there are discrepancies on the walkthrough. I'll correct them promptly. Given its complexity I am expecting some blunders here and there to be honest. The walkthrough can be harder to follow than the others I've written so far so don't hesitate to check with me if you have doubts on what to do especially with the quick-saves and quick-loads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wireframe

Jul 4, 2018
Here's a walkthrough and save bundle. The walkthrough is a HTML file based on format from Seiya-Saiga's guides. The walkthrough is highly complex compared to the previous 2 series, I'll explain the reasons in the spoiler section. Use the saves in the save folder if you find it difficult to follow through. I've redone the saves so that they will match the walkthrough's save points except quick-saves as these get overwritten over time.

Simply extract the files and run the walkthrough on a browser. For the saves, locate a SPEED folder in Documents as the game might have created the save directory there. Do back up your previous saves if you intend to just view progress differences.

Do let me know if there are discrepancies on the walkthrough. I'll correct them promptly. Given its complexity I am expecting some blunders here and there to be honest. The walkthrough can be harder to follow than the others I've written so far so don't hesitate to check with me if you have doubts on what to do especially with the quick-saves and quick-loads.

Great post and great work. I was struggling to get a CG (top right of page 2) and I was missing 2 scenes (4th on 1st row and middle of second row, both page 3).

Last edited:

charabit781

May 21, 2020
If i believe this game has only a single good ending if you save Ren,Yuuho and Marie without getting raped by infectee or have one of them get infected by virus like same ending of OVA in ep1

Nightwish2

Apr 27, 2017
I almost gave up on the series after the disappointment of Kansen 2, but the temptation of a full-blown Tokyo infestation + a few JP reviews saying the endings on Kansen 3 are good made me give it a shot. I just wrote a review after finishing the first true route. I really love the characters, especially the protagonist.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
After taking a break from the series after the disappointment that was Kansen 2, I finally made my way to the 3rd instalment of the series. Before anything else, thank you InsaneMonster for the very comprehensive guide. Even with it, it took quite a while to read my way through this one... I genuinely do not want to imagine how long it would have taken if I were to try to puzzle out the various triggers and whatnot on my own. I'd have needed to document choices and whatnot all over the place and quite frankly, I'm not THAT dedicated to this series, and the effort wouldn't have been particularly fun for me. Which is why I greatly appreciate all the work you put into this.

Before moving on to commenting on the VN itself, I have to say that as always, GPT-4 shows its worth, but, I'd have still preferred for this to have gone through a thorough editing pass at the very least.... and of course, preferably a full on proper translation. If that ever happens, I'll definitely re-read the whole thing. Hell, I'd likely re-read Kansen 2 too if it ever got a proper translation, disappointing though it was...

I've seen a lot less issues in the translation when it comes to Infected speaking, but there were still an observable number of pronoun issues. Another issue was that sometimes, GPT seems to drop the word "Psycho" instead of "Crazy", and as I mentioned in another thread by Dazed, "Psycho Good" is not an actual expression in the English language as far as I'm aware. Even when referring to a person, there's a difference between psycho and generally crazy. Other issues included some untranslated text from Kousuke during the scene with the Boss. Some text breaking during Shige's dialog in some of the so called "Normal Endings".

I also wonder if the True Ending not working in the gallery was caused by the translation or not... dazedanon , if there's something to look into, it's that. It looks like going into the scene was meant to trigger some kind of selection dialogue first, possibly related to which girl the MC got together with... but I have no idea.

Moving on.

Kansen 3 is a weird one in some ways. It starts off in a completely different way than its predecessors, focusing on some side-characters before moving on to the primary protagonist, like it's trying to hype people into thinking that it'll be completely different and that it'll have a completely different sort of story. Then it moves on to the basics of Kansen, introducing our MC and its friends, and we hit the classics of the previous installments of the series:
- MC and the majority if his friends are all Highschool students.
- MC has a LI that's been a childhood friend since forever who's "more than friends, less than lovers".
- There's an improbably hot older woman around.
- MC has a male best friend too.
- There's at least one guy that thinks primarily with his dick that pops up early on.

All in all, on the surface, it seems like we're set to hit the same stations that the previous two installments did... and while that's true to an extent, it's also false. Kansen 3 deviates from the other two in a number of ways. The biggest change is that instead of just two LIs, there are now three of them, each with their own endings. However, possibly because of this change, this installment of Kansen does not have a true Infection Route the way the previous two did, and we spend very little time with the MC being an Infected compared with the previous VNs. Beyond that, K3 did something that the other two didn't... and that's giving us a genuinely good ending. Some might say there's 3 of them... but really, its' the same ending. Which girl the MC gets together with doesn't seem to make any difference in terms of how the True Ending plays out and doesn't seem to really be acknowledged.

These changes means that overall, there's significantly more vanilla content involving MC fucking any one of the LIs, and beyond that, MC's best male friend also gets some scenes with another girl who's not a LI. There are no harem endings, well, unless you count a certain half-assed infected end... but I personally don't because it doesn't actually have a proper group scene in it.

In some ways, there's also less rape content overall, at least in terms of sheer number of scenes. There's also less scenes with randoms than Kansen 2 had... which was the best part of Kansen 2 that I'm sad wasn't taken into account. Of course, it seems that they tried to compensate by making the scenes more brutal overall. There's a variety of endings where people die, and the story is more descriptive about the brutality than in previous installments. A particularly fucked up example is the scene where Ren dismantles her brother because he fucked Inori... and starts off by biting off his dick. Funnily enough in a way, there's another ending where he ends up eating her... but that one is less descriptive. While the brutality isn't explicitly shown, the descriptions are definitely a lot more direct, in spite of what the CGs might show at any given time. There's also more scenes where girls get 2+ dicks in some hole or another, mostly Yuuho and Ren, but Margarita gets 2 shoved in her mouth at one point too.

There are a lot more variations of scenes where the girls lose their virginities to the MC, at least 2 scenes for each girl, though the CG variety isn't that great... that's still 6+ scenes that are completely vanilla... A record for Kansen to be sure.

Well, I personally didn't care about that. There's only so much I can take of "Inexperienced highschool couple explore their sexuality together in an apocalyptic situation"... For the most part, those scenes were more cute than hot, or perhaps tragic in some of the contexts they happened in.

What did make Kansen 3 better than its predecessors is the writing. Even through the MTL and the unknown level of loss of nuance, the writing is noticeably better than the previous two installments. The characters are better written. Their motivations are better explored. There's also a lot less moments of sheer utter stupid. Mistakes tend to happen more because of fear, panic attacks, physical weakness, unforeseen circumstances, etc, rather than some of the sheer stupidity that was present in some of the previous two VNs. The flow of the story and the various events was better overall, and while it still tries to takes itself more seriously than it should, like K2 did, the stupid of those elements wasn't as heavy handed.

The characters being better overall is definitely noticeable, though, mileage will vary there for obvious reasons. One person's great character is another person's garbage character after all. There's a lot of subjectivity involved here.

Well, that about wraps it up. Hopefully, one day, K3 will get a proper translation and I'll see what nuance has been lost in the MTL. (Translator notes being attached to it as a separate doc to read would be loved as well.) However, I know the odds are low of that happening... but I'll still dream about it.

Reactions: dragonfly741
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes