Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
The thing is, I really don't think it'd work with KP, like at all.

Karryn's Prison is a fun game. Hell, it's actually A game, which is already more than can be said about most stuff getting released nowadays.
There were many things that could've been expanded or more exploited, like the now-removed edict to record masturbation videos, sex-focused edicts for things like the Thug Problem, side activities like infirmary, classroom or the gym or the existing side-jobs.

However, how many mini-games can you invent in this battle-style system before they start looking like you're just window dressing? How will you balance the game around the tons of future new passives etc. that'd come with additional content, when it's already based around particular numbers and factors? How much stuff can you really add to a game intended to be a shorter, replayable experience before it starts messing with the gameplay part of the game or becomes content bloat/chore to play?

KP isn't a CG hunt or a simplistic RPGmaker bullshit excuse of a game. There's an intended flow to the game, balance is an actual consideration. MQ was a pretty fun experience, but it's nowhere near as complex as KP is on a gameplay level.
A sequel or a spin-off? Absolutely. DLC's/Expansions? I don't think so.

(I am a little disappointed by the things that could've happened and didn't, but I highly approve of a developer team having a general idea of what they want to do and sticking to it, as opposed to getting constantly side-tracked or swayed by player feedback. I'm also fine with them not expanding on every possibility, but I would greatly appreciate reducing the tedium of mini-games nonetheless.)

Last edited:

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
I honestly believe that stuff like infirmary, gym or classroom sidejobs will end up being DLC content once the base game is finished and released on steam and the devs get a well earned breather.

Apr 1, 2018
The thing is, I really don't think it'd work with KP, like at all.

Karryn's Prison is a fun game. Hell, it's actually A game, which is already more than can be said about most stuff getting released nowadays.
There were many things that could've been expanded or more exploited, like the now-removed edict to record masturbation videos, sex-focused edicts for things like the Thug Problem, side activities like infirmary, classroom or the gym or the existing side-jobs.

However, how many mini-games can you invent in this battle-style system before they start looking like you're just window dressing? How will you balance the game around the tons of future new passives etc. that'd come with additional content, when it's already based around particular numbers and factors? How much stuff can you really add to a game intended to be a shorter, replayable experience before it starts messing with the gameplay part of the game or becomes content bloat/chore to play?

KP isn't a CG hunt or a simplistic RPGmaker bullshit excuse of a game. There's an intended flow to the game, balance is an actual consideration. MQ was a pretty fun experience, but it's nowhere near as complex as KP is on a gameplay level.
A sequel or a spin-off? Absolutely. DLC's/Expansions? I don't think so.

(I am a little disappointed by the things that could've happened and didn't, but I highly approve of a developer team having a general idea of what they want to do and sticking to it, as opposed to getting constantly side-tracked or swayed by player feedback. I'm also fine with them not expanding on every possibility, but I would greatly appreciate reducing the tedium of mini-games nonetheless.)
I agree and I might add that the game is relatively moddable (still need some skills, but looking at it with my meager knowledge and experience in industrial programming, it should be achievable with minimal training), like the CC_mod already out there.
Of course Rem couldn't add piles and piles of specific fetishes/related minigames, that would bloat the game, kill the pace and add dev time to the whole project. I think they are going the right way, not too much content and satisfy most of the audience, personally, I prefer a finished and polished game with decent content that let me a bit hungry, than an unfinished/rushed project where the dev got over his capabilities and let down the whole thing that leaves a very bad taste.
If people get disappointed in the content and planned content, maybe the game isn't for you, if you are proficient enough in programming and have motivation, just mod the game to your convenience, it's simple as that.

ADAS20

May 12, 2020
Anyone get any massive performance issues or massive load times when booting up?

My windows installation got fucky with me and I had to reinstall it. I use CC mod on 7B.P, it seems to work fine. But the game takes forever to load in when it was near instantaneous before I had to reinstall. I tried this with other installations and its a similar thing. Any help?

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
please help me to make friends with the game mod

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ADAS20 First thing that comes to mind is the "Smoother Battle Cut-In Loading" and "Smoother CG Loading" preload settings (which increase loading times when ON), second - switching from SSD to HDD, maybe? :unsure: I put the two together, and it took almost a minute for a cold start.

deathmonkey361 use Energy skills. If you mean "can I skip turns without doing anything AND spending stamina/energy?", then nope. You could edit a skill or two to cost no Energy (and not increase in cost the more times you use it), though. Plus, there are specific cases like Pleasure Stance - it literally says "do nothing for X turns" -, but the stance is only available during an enemy grab.

Reactions: Rize

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
KP isn't a CG hunt or a simplistic RPGmaker bullshit excuse of a game. There's an intended flow to the game, balance is an actual consideration.
This exactly. As much as I love the relatively extreme lewd content of this game, I also admire how much the game is an actual game, where the player has to strategize, stick to their playstyle and establish a rhythm to their run in order to succeed. A lot of games here are so obvious in their ways to progress: either visit a certain area X times and give naïve answers to questions asked by sleazy NPCs, or lose a battle X times to see a GOR, or go to sex shop, buy a dildo, train for X evenings and then ask for a job in a brothel. Here, you need to really scratch your head and build patiently, either a frigid Amazon or a dick-crazy slut. At the moment, the 3 side jobs implemented already offer a solid balance for slut runs. You can take these 3 jobs on the same day and still have some energy left to subdue one or two corridors. While tempting, too many side jobs available would mean that eventually the player would have to choose whether they will play a naughty nurse, a waitress and a stripper today or a gloryhole operator, golden shower taker and a gym rat or a voluntary medical experiment subject, anatomy lecturer.... It would just be too much stuff to do and at an overall view, the entire in-game world might start coming apart at the seams, becoming either a collection of loosely connected lewd scenes or a multi branching VN, just like these several notable projects that got bogged down in side quests, wardrobes, transformations and pregnancies.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018
Try unlocking cautious stance, fix clothes, etc.

If you wanna do a lot of these, though, you're gonna need healing thoughts also, to restore energy.
Thx, the energy drop tho is shit she drops like a fly once her energy goes and stam just disappears maybe if they added it so every 1 has to finish up before takin them to the defeat rooms would be nice.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Thx, the energy drop tho is shit she drops like a fly once her energy goes and stam just disappears maybe if they added it so every 1 has to finish up before takin them to the defeat rooms would be nice.
That's how it was designed, 0 energy inevitably leads to 0 stamina.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
I guess but would be nice for another option to allow to stay in combat even when energy is 0, maybe add pregnancy as well and a mode to make control/order easier to not worry about.
There are 3 different difficulties to choose from, as well as built in cheats. And while preg (luckily) won't be in the actual game, there is a mod for it.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I guess but would be nice for another option to allow to stay in combat even when energy is 0
What for? There has to be a way to lose in a game. Otherwise it's not really a game, merely a plaything. The entire space between 0 stamina and 0 energy is there for Karryn and the player to discover the art of 'groundwork' and passive success, which reflects feminine sexual tactics in more than one way. Energy management is the last line of defence and that's basically is all one has to do to persevere, when they're unable to physically overpower their opponents. This and making sure that Order does not reach 0 as well, so the Prison stays afloat like Paris. These are the game's boundary conditions. You shouldn't stretch them to infinity, and have another zero behind the zero behind the zero.

, maybe add pregnancy as well and a mode to make control/order easier to not worry about.
The more voices from pregnancy fetishists I hear, the more I want to ask if they're willing to look after the offspring. ;)

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes