RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Kinda sad how every femdom game creator with potential is constantly dropping the ball. Where is this pattern coming from? Even Gladia got some hype and it's been constantly delayed. It's really disappointing.

I think the only good game that was keeping up with its schedule until the very end was Treacherous Desires, and even then the ending got botched.
I'm assuming based on the release date that Teary had started working on Katalist back when covid had just broken out and we were all forced to stay home. Back then monthly releases probably made more sense. But as a general rule of thumb, most devs have real-life obligations, which slow down development for obvious reasons.

• Angry
Reactions: SnakeSnek

DogStar

Feb 5, 2020
I don't know if it's just my mindset that's wrong. But personally, if I were working on a passion project on the side or looking to make a great game, I would plan my social life according to my work to respect as much as possible the deadlines, not the other way around. Which means, if I think I should put X amount of time on a Thursday, I'm gonna say to my friends that I'm busy that day, simple as that.

Emergencies can happen for sure, but they don't excuse such big delays. It's clearly a lack of motivation once they see that their product is working, so they stop grinding.

And regarding the lesser profit for fetish games, I'm not so sure, because there is less competition also. If you make a good game, EVERYONE in the community will support you. Just look at ToT. If they just showed some consistency, I can guarantee their patreon number would double. As an example, I was about to support Gladia after trying the game with the new patch (that has now been delayed 3-4 times), but I'm not so sure anymore. I want to give my money to a creator I trust.

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
I don't know if it's just my mindset that's wrong. But personally, if I were working on a passion project on the side or looking to make a great game, I would plan my social life according to my work to respect as much as possible the deadlines, not the other way around. Which means, if I think I should put X amount of time on a Thursday, I'm gonna say to my friends that I'm busy that day, simple as that.

Emergencies can happen for sure, but they don't excuse such big delays. It's clearly a lack of motivation once they see that their product is working, so they stop grinding.

And regarding the lesser profit for fetish games, I'm not so sure, because there is less competition also. If you make a good game, EVERYONE in the community will support you. Just look at ToT. If they just showed some consistency, I can guarantee their patreon number would double. As an example, I was about to support Gladia after trying the game with the new patch (that has now been delayed 3-4 times), but I'm not so sure anymore. I want to give my money to a creator I trust.
The key word here is delay.
Different developers have different amounts of time they can dedicate to making their game, and that constantly changes depending on real life, both positively (holidays/vacation) or negatively (exams etc..).
Plus not all updates are going to be equal in terms of content, it's only natural that you'd want to outdo yourself which each new release as you gain experience.
So the problem here at least in my eyes comes from promising the fanbase a deadline that you're not sure you can respect. It just creates needless frustration that's easily avoidable.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
As bad as this last delay is on its own, the lack of communication from Teary is making it worse. If he needs more time and is too afraid to give out the next potential release date, then he should just say so, keeping the community in the dark is an awful idea.

The Big Boss

Jul 8, 2018
Early Preview - Teary
won't preview much as I still want to do the actual preview on the release day, so these are mostly report pics, the first 5 pics are from this update; the 6th is from 0.099, which is mainly focused on Vhidna.

Vaila and Dominic's are examples for the remade old CGs; while I didn't edit every old CG I managed to remake the ones that were bothering me the most. the 5th is an example for the remade maps, as some didn't make much sense or were indeed too big for what's planned in this Chapter so I edited them; other maps might be edited too in the near future. This is a small part but for the other edits and changes please wait for the changelog on release.

Regarding the monthly schedule, yes, I was actually finishing stuff at a fast rate again so I thought that if I rushed it I could somehow finish, and I did finish the content, but the ending stages are still ridiculous; I clearly have to make some changes to get back to monthly. Drawing/animating/writing aren't the problem, I'm making stuff way ahead, it's the rest that's just THAT tedious. And no I don't want to change the schedule to every 2-3 months or the such, I still want to get back to monthly; when 0.09 is released I will get more invested in the production stages, "how exactly" idk, but I want to, so I will find a way eventually. I had planned to be done with this Chapter by the new year, but with all these delays it got all messed up; and it's frustrating me a lot, so I want to finish as soon as possible.

Anyway, release is as soon as I finish. Sorry for missing the dates again.

A1F88EC8-D0B0-473C-81EC-5206E93AF092.jpeg 766CDC6A-372C-48B4-9CC2-7375C5CB553B.jpeg 2AF5E6DC-76F6-4BC2-9F30-B29F88210578.jpeg 23D19743-C5AC-429E-BFB0-F72909F2AA95.jpeg 16D4A52C-64DD-4B6B-AE46-F388E85B3320.jpeg BE75C235-644A-4ADB-A0C8-2C22926158CE.jpeg

Miscerte23

Dec 11, 2017
Early Preview - Teary
won't preview much as I still want to do the actual preview on the release day, so these are mostly report pics, the first 5 pics are from this update; the 6th is from 0.099, which is mainly focused on Vhidna.

Vaila and Dominic's are examples for the remade old CGs; while I didn't edit every old CG I managed to remake the ones that were bothering me the most. the 5th is an example for the remade maps, as some didn't make much sense or were indeed too big for what's planned in this Chapter so I edited them; other maps might be edited too in the near future. This is a small part but for the other edits and changes please wait for the changelog on release.

Regarding the monthly schedule, yes, I was actually finishing stuff at a fast rate again so I thought that if I rushed it I could somehow finish, and I did finish the content, but the ending stages are still ridiculous; I clearly have to make some changes to get back to monthly. Drawing/animating/writing aren't the problem, I'm making stuff way ahead, it's the rest that's just THAT tedious. And no I don't want to change the schedule to every 2-3 months or the such, I still want to get back to monthly; when 0.09 is released I will get more invested in the production stages, "how exactly" idk, but I want to, so I will find a way eventually. I had planned to be done with this Chapter by the new year, but with all these delays it got all messed up; and it's frustrating me a lot, so I want to finish as soon as possible.

View attachment 1501782 View attachment 1501783 View attachment 1501784 View attachment 1501785 View attachment 1501786 View attachment 1501787
Really nice to see the art improvements . The new Vaila and Dominic portraits look really good.

Reactions: Rosvos86

lagelord

Sep 13, 2020
Early Preview - Teary

View attachment 1501782 View attachment 1501783 View attachment 1501784 View attachment 1501785 View attachment 1501786 View attachment 1501787
Thanks for the preview boss
ow no he said "release is as soon as I finish"
well then hope he finish it by the end of the month
too many delays these days that I can't keep up with them

theoo001

May 30, 2021
damn i feel bad for the guy ...
... i dont think he has done anything that bad yet for anyone to lose trust in him , and i think he is acctualy trying and i think he is genuinely upeset he didnt do the update in time.
ngl still trust the guy and i think itll stay that way

all i am sayin is cut this guy some slack ... and i mean come on the delays are not bad we all know it could get way .. WAY worse:censored:

norpbuh

Mar 7, 2020
damn i feel bad for the guy ...
... i dont think he has done anything that bad yet for anyone to lose trust in him , and i think he is acctualy trying and i think he is genuinely upeset he didnt do the update in time.
ngl still trust the guy and i think itll stay that way

all i am sayin is cut this guy some slack ... and i mean come on the delays are not bad we all know it could get way .. WAY worse:censored:
the problem isnt with delays, had he said he needed two months we wouldve all waited patiently, the problem is with giving a date and then failing to meet that date, losing our trust by doing that.
scenario 1:'Hey guys, update coming in 2 months' *update comes in 2 months*

scenario2: 'Hey guys, update tomorrow' ,' sorry guys not today, tomorrow for sure', 'Ehh not today, tomorrow for sure !!'

pretty sure everyone here would rather be in scenario1 rather than scenario2

Reactions: Azure Sun and CNR25

theoo001

May 30, 2021
the problem isnt with delays, had he said he needed two months we wouldve all waited patiently, the problem is with giving a date and then failing to meet that date, losing our trust by doing that.
scenario 1:'Hey guys, update coming in 2 months' *update comes in 2 months*

scenario2: 'Hey guys, update tomorrow' ,' sorry guys not today, tomorrow for sure', 'Ehh not today, tomorrow for sure !!'

pretty sure everyone here would rather be in scenario1 rather than scenario2
Hmmm i understand where you guys are coming from but how i think is . . .
1) he cant predict the future
2)somthing unexpected might have happened . . . you know life
3) idk if this is just me but my motivation is like a fucking roller coaster so when i get motivated to do something i always say i will do it by then and end up not doing it ... recent example would be :(i will study for this upcoming test and i will be done with my studys by next month ... fast forward i only studyed like a week becouse my motivation just went and fisted it self :LOL::LOL:)
4) i am terrible with knwing when something would be done for example i will use the first senario but this time i study every day but i still cant finsh it becouse of how much there is but i thought i would
what im trina say is i underestimate things easliy . . . ( i think thats how i explain that )

anyways no hate to anyone i hope noone takes this the wrong way this is just a cnversation between some gentalmen:)
((sorry for any spelling and/or typing error))

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
I always thought Vaila was super cute!! New art makes me like her even more.

Also fkin HELLA ass in the 1st pic. Stuffs looking good and exciting!

Reactions: SnakeSnek

Miscerte23

Dec 11, 2017
I don't think Teary and Koda are comparable. One failed to meet deadline for a couple of days, the other failed to meet deadlines for at least a year. I sympathize with Teary, but Koda had all the time and resources. There really is no excuse for the latter.

I will however say this. Keeping in touch with the development of Tower of Trample has made me a tiny bit paranoid concerning delays for femdom games, so I hope the next update comes soon. I know game dev is difficult, but I really hope Teary doesn't disappoint(only as far as the update is concerned).

Mar 17, 2021
I don't think Teary and Koda are comparable. One failed to meet deadline for a couple of days, the other failed to meet deadlines for at least a year. I sympathize with Teary, but Koda had all the time and resources. There really is no excuse for the latter.

I will however say this. Keeping in touch with the development of Tower of Trample has made me a tiny bit paranoid concerning delays for femdom games, so I hope the next update comes soon. I know game dev is difficult, but I really hope Teary doesn't disappoint(only as far as the update is concerned).
I liked For and most Bowei/Koda games, but I stopped following them altogether. Wasn't worth my time.

Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
As long as they've fixed route triggers (I'm looking at you Miss Macky), I'll be fine with an unplanned delay. In fact, if code/script patching is what is causing the delay, I'm all for them taking the time to fix it, nothing worse for completionism mindsets (like myself) than buggy games.

That being said, I do feel bad for the patrons who have donated and yet aren't receiving content on schedule. However, as someone has already mentioned, I really don't think it's fair to compare Teary to Koda, just no, absolute magnitude of difference. Those patrons are pretty much engaging in findom at this point, it's beyond me how they're stilled subbed to Koda. In fact, I'm of the opinion that a mass exodus of patrons might just get Koda off of his ass and submitting some actual finished content. But that's one thing and this is another.

3) idk if this is just me but my motivation is like a fucking roller coaster so when i get motivated to do something i always say i will do it by then and end up not doing it ... recent example would be :(i will study for this upcoming test and i will be done with my studys by next month ... fast forward i only studyed like a week becouse my motivation just went and fisted it self :LOL::LOL:)
4) i am terrible with knwing when something would be done for example i will use the first senario but this time i study every day but i still cant finsh it becouse of how much there is but i thought i would
what im trina say is i underestimate things easliy . . . ( i think thats how i explain that )

anyways no hate to anyone i hope noone takes this the wrong way this is just a cnversation between some gentalmen:)
Your comment is filled with so much innocence, I just don't have the heart to pick it apart. Though the 'cynical bastard' inside of me is thrashing. Some wounds are just too deep.

Reactions: DogStar

norpbuh

Mar 7, 2020

I agree with you on most of what you are saying, but see, that is the thing
Had he said "i cant predict the future" , we wouldve at least been given the truth, and had it been the first delay, I dont think anyone wouldve minded that, but this is the *4th* time in a row that this has happened which is why people are pissed

• Angry
Reactions: Gappa007

theoo001

May 30, 2021
damn i see what you guys are saying but . . .
i still think this was some hickup and we can still trust Teary at least i do . . . idk man i just feel bad for the guy give him time he is trying :LOL:
Your comment is filled with so much innocence, I just don't have the heart to pick it apart. Though the 'cynical bastard' inside of me is thrashing. Some wounds are just too deep.
and please do it will be educational for me cuz i dont know i still think what i am saying is right but maybe you can change that :)

Staring Cat

Jan 8, 2021
I am (un)official Teary's spokesperson. This is (un)official Teary speaking word by word:

I love you community, I try to make the game as good as I can and I am sorry for not being able to keep up with the udates but I would never let you down on purpose like Ko.. [censored by chinese government]. Stay tuned for more awesome content!

Attention, image below is mirror of reality

1637067037854.png

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes