RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

Tom Aspinall

May 26, 2022
I did some more digging into events to see what I could find.
  • Margo can patrol and catch you in hotel Vania
  • Uninplemented Margo pathways area (broken, has nothing)
  • Uninplemented hut in Fair poison
  • Test area with a ton of NPCs, one of the ones grouped with the random encounter is a fairy
  • Uninplemented Vulpus room with some crazy music, his kill list is instead an omelette recipe.
  • Speaking of kill list, the numbers are the rooms, 02 gets marked with a lowercase x when you start Macky's path
  • Alex dialogue talking about a war with France, her brother being drafted at 17, 20 years ago, talking about some tempests and travelling, wanting to meet the penguins
  • Insanity level, if it reaches too high you'll see that hole in the campus.
  • Miki gives you an option to give her levels and drains you every loss
  • Some guys set up shop near the river, as well as an encounter leading you to the maze of futility
  • Ability to change clothes (you have no clothes...)
  • Some ghosts mention Miki being the perfect catalyst, urge you to get her out of the tower, ominous.
  • Dilan has a book in Ayleen's library, "The boy in the spyral", talks about killing and shoving ashes down someone's throat, you black out after.
  • Dominic has a hidden magic book in his room, no socks or anything though :cry:
  • The principal, Deverou has a scene surprisingly, no images but it does try to call one, just her imitating a clock and talking about someone's other sister.

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
I did some more digging into events to see what I could find.
  • Margo can patrol and catch you in hotel Vania
  • Uninplemented Margo pathways area (broken, has nothing)
  • Uninplemented hut in Fair poison
  • Test area with a ton of NPCs, one of the ones grouped with the random encounter is a fairy
  • Uninplemented Vulpus room with some crazy music, his kill list is instead an omelette recipe.
  • Speaking of kill list, the numbers are the rooms, 02 gets marked with a lowercase x when you start Macky's path
  • Alex dialogue talking about a war with France, her brother being drafted at 17, 20 years ago, talking about some tempests and travelling, wanting to meet the penguins
  • Insanity level, if it reaches too high you'll see that hole in the campus.
  • Miki gives you an option to give her levels and drains you every loss
  • Some guys set up shop near the river, as well as an encounter leading you to the maze of futility
  • Ability to change clothes (you have no clothes...)
  • Some ghosts mention Miki being the perfect catalyst, urge you to get her out of the tower, ominous.
  • Dilan has a book in Ayleen's library, "The boy in the spyral", talks about killing and shoving ashes down someone's throat, you black out after.
  • Dominic has a hidden magic book in his room, no socks or anything though :cry:
  • The principal, Deverou has a scene surprisingly, no images but it does try to call one, just her imitating a clock and talking about someone's other sister.
Damn, all that in the game or just in code? I think I've seen a few but some are completely new to me... and I have like 40 hours in this goddamn game lmao

France is canon :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Aspinall

Tom Aspinall

May 26, 2022
Damn, all that in the game or just in code? I think I've seen a few but some are completely new to me... and I have like 40 hours in this goddamn game lmao

France is canon :cry:
Some are, like Miki, a lot of the others I found by seeing the map events in Mtool, like Deverou, you can't see it in game but it's there in the events in her room and you can trigger it via Mtool.

The alex france convo is pretty interesting, talks about a war 20 years ago for some islands. No irl equivalent, seems to point to an alternate earth for the game universe.

She's also pretty sad that she's been stuck for 20 years while her brother's now 37 :cry:. Does seem to imply the Night Walkers were all once human.

Reactions: 2341Name

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
  • uninplemented hut in Fair poison
i'd think this may be related to the poison witch, which has a map model in the files as well.
that's... unexpected. the first and only hint at our real world, right?
apparently you can get to the maze of futility in the game already, at least i was told that on discord. apparently it's south of this girl:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
apparently she is only to show up on your return from there. can't confirm since she blocks my path though. the map is southeast of the collage.
catalyst or katalist?

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
that's... unexpected. the first and only hint at our real world, right?
I vaguely recall France and Japan being mentioned before. At the very least their languages are definitely in there. Still 90% sure that Teary is French.

apparently you can get to the maze of futility in the game already, at least i was told that on discord. apparently it's south of this girl:
apparently she is only to show up on your return from there. can't confirm since she blocks my path though. the map is southeast of the collage.
What happened to me the first time is that she wasn't there so I went below and it took me to a place with the shehil knife. Then you go back up and she's there. Talk to her and it takes you to the maze.

There's not much in the maze and the collision physics in there are wonky. There's a ghost who speaks japanese, no idea what he's saying. Other than that you just leave and it teleports you to Vania's hotel.
On another run she was already there from the start and I couldn't get there, so idk if there's some toggle in there and it's all working as intended, or if something's broken.

Reactions: Nait Sieve

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
The alex france convo is pretty interesting, talks about a war 20 years ago for some islands. No irl equivalent, seems to point to an alternate earth for the game universe.
are you sure about that "no irl equivalent"? france still has a surprisingly long arm and quite alot of influence over areas like west africa. i'm no expert and just googled a bit, but a lot of stuff is happening that doesn't make it to "our" news. i mean, maybe there is a irl connection after all.

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
are you sure about that "no irl equivalent"? france still has a surprisingly long arm and quite alot of influence over areas like west africa. i'm no expert and just googled a bit, but a lot of stuff is happening that doesn't make it to "our" news. i mean, maybe there is a irl connection after all.
Think they meant that Sentinel City has no IRL equivalent. The library at school has some lore on its background.

'sides, it's probably not located in West Africa, given that the blackest character in Katalist is still barely tanned. I could buy into the idea of the portal world being located somewhere in the American midwest though.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
it's probably not located in West Africa
not sure what exactly you mean here. i wasn't refering to sentinel city or the portal world, but about a war that apparently happened 20 years ago over certain islands, likely in the "real" ingame world. the combatants of that war don't necessarily have to show up in the game, just as the actual info about that is (afaik) not really ingame. coud just be an easteregg/fingerprint from teary to hint at something, idk. to be fair though, the game has a ton of little things that coud be interpreted that way.

Gamifexian

Jul 20, 2021
Hello, everyone! New player here! I just started playing and Allan is asking me about my grades, does it matter what I pick? Or is it just flavor text? Thanks, and hope this game is less delayed than Tower of Trample!

Tom Aspinall

May 26, 2022
Hello, everyone! New player here! I just started playing and Allan is asking me about my grades, does it matter what I pick? Or is it just flavor text? Thanks, and hope this game is less delayed than Tower of Trample!
I see you got tempted by femboy Dominic.

The game stores your choices in Allan's quiz but doesn't use them as of yet, some choices do have an effect on the plot, you'll know when you run into one of those though.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes