4.90 star(s) 107 Votes

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
So here are two "Extras" that I have had for awhile (like, many years) and noticed that they haven't been shared here yet. They are both flash fangames. The first is basically "Castlevania meets Katawa Shoujo" and stars Kenji. The second is my favorite, It is hard to describe but it is basically an "endless flyer/jumper" with the characters each having a unique powerup or powerdown. It is quite fun and addictive and even has trophies! Hope you guys enjoy both of them :).
Thanks - Added to the OP (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pagol1 and FFTW

LazorBlind

Feb 19, 2020
WOW. I just finished my first play through, got Emi's route on a "go with the flow" approach.

This is the First VN ive managed to finish even one route of. It was an absolutely beautiful experience. Honestly, I have to echo the sentiment of many others, the sex scenes are completely unnecessary to fully enjoy it.

I think i may need a few days to finish processing things, but either way, I look forward to seeing the other routes. Although I am a tad bit concerned. A lot of the early posts here suggest that the version of Shizune's route that is in the final game is vastly inferior to what there was in earlier builds of the game.

Can anyone offer advice, is it worth tracking down an older copy of the game to get the supposedly better version?

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
WOW. I just finished my first play through, got Emi's route on a "go with the flow" approach.

This is the First VN ive managed to finish even one route of. It was an absolutely beautiful experience. Honestly, I have to echo the sentiment of many others, the sex scenes are completely unnecessary to fully enjoy it.

I think i may need a few days to finish processing things, but either way, I look forward to seeing the other routes. Although I am a tad bit concerned. A lot of the early posts here suggest that the version of Shizune's route that is in the final game is vastly inferior to what there was in earlier builds of the game.

Can anyone offer advice, is it worth tracking down an older copy of the game to get the supposedly better version?
One of them is already here and I do not considered it inferior but the old stuff was very dark in style.

Its called " Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch: " under the spoiler.
You just have to work you way through it because there is no walkthrough.
Shizune route for the most part can follow the normal walkthrough with some things changed but Hanako routes are very dark and only 1 leads to pregnancy and is the only good route for her in this version.

I would first play through the release version getting all endings then play the Pre-Alpha Repair version.

LazorBlind

Feb 19, 2020
One of them is already here and I do not considered it inferior but the old stuff was very dark in style.

Its called " Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch: " under the spoiler.
You just have to work you way through it because there is no walkthrough.
Shizune route for the most part can follow the normal walkthrough with some things changed but Hanako routes are very dark and only 1 leads to pregnancy and is the only good route for her in this version.

I would first play through the release version getting all endings then play the Pre-Alpha Repair version.

Appreciate the help. Noticed the link for the pre alpha repair as I explored the thread a little more. Next was going to be me asking how to go about tackling it, as far as finishing the Final version first or what, so thank you for answering that ahead of time as well.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Appreciate the help. Noticed the link for the pre alpha repair as I explored the thread a little more. Next was going to be me asking how to go about tackling it, as far as finishing the Final version first or what, so thank you for answering that ahead of time as well.
In the Pre-Alpha to get to Hanako part you must go through Lilly's part then switch over.
There maybe a simi walkthrough in the download but I don't remember one way or the other.

Mr. Spanks

Feb 7, 2021
It's been like 3 years since I played this so I can't remember names... But what I recall was pretty great. Though I know some will burn me at the stake for saying it...

Could never stand the painter's route (girl with the missing arms) I just don't see her appeal. She just felt more broken than what I could be comfortable with in such a story. Like maybe I'm just not into "aloof" girls but her personality seemed really forced. Meh.

I liked the blind girl and the running one as well (That first anal scene had me dying). Both cute and enjoyable stories. I think I started the burned girl's route but stuff came up. I don't think I ever started the deaf girl's route, would be interesting to try it again now that I've played others.

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
I would pay to have a version without kenji in it. I don't know if it gets better but i already want to blow my brains out when i have to go through a scene with him.

Reactions: Lynn

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I would pay to have a version without kenji in it. I don't know if it gets better but i already want to blow my brains out when i have to go through a scene with him.
I thought that to when I first started playing this, just hang in there and use the walkthrough so you don't miss any of the routes.

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Damnit, Hanako's route was so fucking good. I want to go back and do Emi's but, I'm at the first classroom scene and, when I saw Hanako, I just wanna go back and hug her

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
Honestly finishing the Lilly path with the good ending has left a bitter sweet taste in my mouth. I plan on enjoying the other routs but i cant help knowing the lilly route is the most in depth route that I feel at a loss like I wanted more. What was their life like that last half year? I feel like there was plans for more if not a second game maybe a side story of some sort. I know I want more and am here asking is there anything similar to this game/anything made by those that originally made it?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Honestly finishing the Lilly path with the good ending has left a bitter sweet taste in my mouth. I plan on enjoying the other routs but i cant help knowing the lilly route is the most in depth route that I feel at a loss like I wanted more. What was their life like that last half year? I feel like there was plans for more if not a second game maybe a side story of some sort. I know I want more and am here asking is there anything similar to this game/anything made by those that originally made it?
Did you wait till after the credits were done because there is a little bit more after the credits.
The website has fan made stories for all of them going in many different ways.

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
Did you wait till after the credits were done because there is a little bit more after the credits.
The website has fan made stories for all of them going in many different ways.
Yeah just trying to stay spoilerfree but even then the last half year is what I'm talking about after that.

Jul 31, 2018
I've been thoruogh 3 of the routes so far in the order of (Emi, Lily, and Hanako). Wow what a great game and I didn't realize it or just forgot because I've been milking this game for so long, but when I just looked in the related projects and saw that there was a miki route I'm very happy.

I was probably about to make a comment saying I wish there was a miki route when I saw it just now. Knowing heat it was written by the author of the LIly route is really cool too. I honestly think these routes are so well written that I can't choose which one is my favorite.

I thought man there is no way anything will top this Emi route, but Lily's and Hanako's routes have their own unique angle that makes them special to me.

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
I finished Shizune's rout and while it feel s the most complete im left a little sad the ending was not more defined on how you and shizune end up. It implies a lot but hmmm... Great not may favorite girl so far but my favorite story line/path.

Reactions: a1fox3
4.90 star(s) 107 Votes