4.90 star(s) 106 Votes

WOLVERINE55

Aug 25, 2018
Let me tell you that if I knew how to do mods / had a talent for writing and could draw a little (I know, a lot of shortcomings), I would create a mod that changes Kenji's path so that there is a possibility that Hisao might go down with Iwanako. The fact that she wrote him a traditional letter can be interpreted that she is not indifferent to her, and maybe I still feel something ...

JT17

Jul 13, 2018
I know this might be a stupid question, but is there anyway to be ably to switch the screen size? The only options seem to be a small screen or full screen. I'd prefer to just be able to size it myself or click the maximize button.

Arn5o5

Nov 17, 2018
I just have to wait for the 4-Leafs studio animation to show up, and then I can maximize the window containing the game. Probably OS-dependent, though...

JT17

Jul 13, 2018
The maximize button is unclickable for me even after the animation shows up. Annoying because I remember liking this game a lot the first time I played it years ago.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Just found this gem and finished a playthrough, unassisted. Ended up on Emi's route. This may be the most beautifully written VN I've ever played. Each character had a distinct personality and the dialogue flowed so naturally. I just don't like Kenji. That character was so damn annoying. Anyway, will definitely go through this again to figure out the other routes. I see pregnancy in the tags...I'm guessing that's only with certain characters? Didn't see that in the route I played. Cheating too. Didn't see any cheating.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Just found this gem and finished a playthrough, unassisted. Ended up on Emi's route. This may be the most beautifully written VN I've ever played. Each character had a distinct personality and the dialogue flowed so naturally. I just don't like Kenji. That character was so damn annoying. Anyway, will definitely go through this again to figure out the other routes. I see pregnancy in the tags...I'm guessing that's only with certain characters? Didn't see that in the route I played. Cheating too. Didn't see any cheating.
Pregnancy is only in the " Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch: " under the spoiler and its only hinted at in the end of Hanako's 1 good ending.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Next year this marvel will have 10 years…
Man I am old, it feels like yesterday that I played this, not expecting much and getting caught of guard, some games even leave a mark in your memory even if small, it remains for all eternity

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Next year this marvel will have 10 years…
Man I am old, it feels like yesterday that I played this, not expecting much and getting caught of guard, some games even leave a mark in your memory even if small, it remains for all eternity
This is definitely not a story to forget. Very realistic and wonderful.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
Replaying this again after haven't touched it in like 3 years... I love how in Lilly route, Hanako is being independent and trying to socialize but it also saddened me because it means she's better off without Hisao and it kinda dulled her route. I wish I can forget and experience Katawa Shoujo all over again, utter masterpiece

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Replaying this again after haven't touched it in like 3 years... I love how in Lilly route, Hanako is being independent and trying to socialize but it also saddened me because it means she's better off without Hisao and it kinda dulled her route. I wish I can forget and experience Katawa Shoujo all over again, utter masterpiece
Exactly, seeing other important characters in different routes, makes you wonder…
Is Emi still going on with her life and never getting close to other people?
Did Rin accept to show her works in the atelier?
Did Hisao complicate different situations?
What happens to some side characters?
We can just imagine

Reactions: SpearOfReigns

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
Exactly, seeing other important characters in different routes, makes you wonder…
Is Emi still going on with her life and never getting close to other people?
Did Rin accept to show her works in the atelier?
Did Hisao complicate different situations?
What happens to some side characters?
We can just imagine
Yep, one of the beautiful part about visual novel/dating sim with strong stories from different girls, you can't help but wonder what happened to the other girls when we picked a specific route.

Also, your second signatured made me chuckle, I think you can request Katawa Shoujo signature here https://f95zone.to/threads/gfx-request-thread.57341/

Reactions: zARRR

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I played it years back as well. Hanako's route was the only one I played to completion (lost my PC shortly after so no more game for a while) at the time, and to this day I'm still baffled by that specific point (not to be too specific) where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tbh that specific advice from her kept me from wanting to do Lilly's route.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Yep, one of the beautiful part about visual novel/dating sim with strong stories from different girls, you can't help but wonder what happened to the other girls when we picked a specific route.

Also, your second signatured made me chuckle, I think you can request Katawa Shoujo signature here https://f95zone.to/threads/gfx-request-thread.57341/
Ah thank you very much, I searched it everywhere but it seems I was not good enough, still thanks!

Reactions: SpearOfReigns

Lynn

May 21, 2017
That's not really how I see it, personally :

Requiss

Mar 21, 2020
Damn, a girl lost both of her hands, i've never think about it but disability is so cruel, i can't imagine myself doing the most mundane thing without my hands but apparently there are people living like that out there. Can't believe a random h game makes me look back on life and i will absolutely more aware of and show more support to disable people irl.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Damn, a girl lost both of her hands, i've never think about it but disability is so cruel, i can't imagine myself doing the most mundane thing without my hands but apparently there are people living like that out there. Can't believe a random h game makes me look back on life and i will absolutely more aware of and show more support to disable people irl.
On top of that, this game does a great job of showing how these people with disabilities push on and live with their disabilities, often how you see them doing it in real life. I think often times, they have become so used to it and have adapted so well it's like they aren't even disabled anymore.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
On top of that, this game does a great job of showing how these people with disabilities push on and live with their disabilities, often how you see them doing it in real life. I think often times, they have become so used to it and have adapted so well it's like they aren't even disabled anymore.
Exactly, KS does a great job at dealing with this, just look at Rin, in all of her route she doesn’t care or complain about the lack of her arms, her real problems are others.
Their disabilities appear as a burden or as the only characteristic about their personality just at first.
Even the protagonist makes peace with it

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, this game's writting is basically a masterpiece on that regard : the girls are disabaled, but they aren't "disabled girls", if you get what I mean.

Their disability isn't what characterize them, it is simply one of the thing that describes them. It would have been so easy to just have the whole thing be about their disability, but they were written in such a way that even is you took away said disability, they'd still be extremly well written and interesting characters.
After a bit, it becomes just a characteristic as would be hair or eye color. It's part of them, but doesn't feel like it's all they are. It's just a tool to make a deeper character.

Zoomblo

Jul 15, 2019
Katawa Shoujo - Joiplay-able (Android)

Full Game (510.26MB) | Script Only (15.29KB)

*tested on
Android 11
Joiplay 1.10.012-patreon
Renpy Plugin 7.4.9.06

Update 2022
Not playable on latest version of Joiplay & Renpy Plugin

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021
This is the italian translation for it, put it in C/x86/Katawa Shoujo/game. Of course if you installed the game in another directory you have to go there, to set italian after you copied the files, go into the game and go tu "option" anche change the language there.

4.90 star(s) 106 Votes