4.90 star(s) 99 Votes

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Soo, were there any big changes to the story since the initial release? There seems to be a lot of discussion about added content post release and I was wondering if maybe I should give the game another run?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Soo, were there any big changes to the story since the initial release? There seems to be a lot of discussion about added content post release and I was wondering if maybe I should give the game another run?
Not for sure which one you played but the game is completed with 5 girls endings and on bad ending with the guy.
All 5 girls have good and bad endings and some of them have neutral endings also.

The guy ending is a bad ending, there is no gay sex or anything like that just 2 guys hanging out together.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Not for sure which one you played but the game is completed with 5 girls endings and on bad ending with the guy.
All 5 girls have good and bad endings and some of them have neutral endings also.

The guy ending is a bad ending, there is no gay sex or anything like that just 2 guys hanging out together.
I believe I did all the routes and endings when I first played the game. I was just wondering if there were some slight variations/patches to the routes that were edited into the story after release.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I believe I did all the routes and endings when I first played the game. I was just wondering if there were some slight variations/patches to the routes that were edited into the story after release.
Not that I know of, we have older versions of the game that did not come out until after the final game came out.
The older versions are very hard to play through because 1 wrong choice and your locked out and its really only 2 girls with a lot of dark bad endings and 1 good ending hinting at pregnancy with 1 girl and the other one is a very dark bad ending.
The one called: "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch:"

Plus there is one done by the one who wrote Lily's story, called: Summer's Clover:

Both are under the spoiler on the OP.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Ok, so for the 10 year anniversary of this masterpiece (a bit late but hey, it is still 2022 isn't it ;) here is something I probably should have posted here a while ago: a fan made (and sadly incomplete) Misha route VN.

Here is the story: This route was posted on Gamefaqs in 5/4/2012 by user "Maharoba". He was at first posting it in text form then made it into a VN. He intended to complete it then sadly went MIA. The download link for it that he provided has since died, so this is one of the very few surviving copies of it (I re-discovered it while randomly checking out my "Finished Games" folder in my old laptop). Considering that, I honestly felt a responsibility to upload it and share it here so that it doesn't completely die out and more KS fans can check it out, especially considering that I remember enjoying it. With all that being said, here is the game guys. Hope you enjoy it and share your thoughts :).

Last edited:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Is there a loose file version for us JoiPlay users. Downloaded it and it is an installer.

Have heard good things about it. Would like to give it a try.

Reactions: sakuzuda

fun_master_BW

Apr 14, 2020
Just found there is an HD patch available that brings the game to a current screen resolution.
As it is not mentioned on the front page here is the link

You just need to run the script on your current installation of katawa shoujo and you can then play with a full screen display.

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry to bother, but does anyone has a full save? I kinda lost the one I had when I had to change computers

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Its such a great story to play and a full save will do you no good because each girl ends the game on either a good, bad or neutral endings with game over.

You miss all the content by not playing.
I already played the game on my old PC and did all the routes and endings, that's the reason I was asking for a save since I'd have to do it all over again in my current PC

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I already played the game on my old PC and did all the routes and endings, that's the reason I was asking for a save since I'd have to do it all over again in my current PC
But it gets you nothing because the game is over or do you want the part that gives all the extra and if so there is several in this thread already, just search for them.
100% save under the spoiler on the OP.

BannedBeast

Apr 26, 2020
Just found there is an HD patch available that brings the game to a current screen resolution.
As it is not mentioned on the front page here is the link

You just need to run the script on your current installation of katawa shoujo and you can then play with a full screen display.
just me that cant download the patch, it says page not found when I click the releases option

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
But it gets you nothing because the game is over or do you want the part that gives all the extra and if so there is several in this thread already, just search for them.
100% save under the spoiler on the OP.
I see, thanks

Sep 21, 2021
I finally decided to try out Katawa Shoujo, but I'm kind of on the crossroads. I've noticed there are two notable versions: the normal one and the pre-alpha repair one.

Which one should I go for the more authentic, "fuller" first experience? The promise of a "darker" storyline kind of entices me in itself, but at the same time I'm afraid that it might be poorly stitched into the game, since it was scrapped and all.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
I finally decided to try out Katawa Shoujo, but I'm kind of on the crossroads. I've noticed there are two notable versions: the normal one and the pre-alpha repair one.

Which one should I go for the more authentic, "fuller" first experience? The promise of a "darker" storyline kind of entices me in itself, but at the same time I'm afraid that it might be poorly stitched into the game, since it was scrapped and all.
The release is the obvious go-to. Every route is completed and has internal logic, and is actually realistic.
The pre-alpha might be considered darker, but I'd call it "overly dramatic" instead. Things don't happen the way they would if they were about regular highschool students. However, the finished game itself is pretty dark at times, dealing with depression, anxiety, and overal looming death. The difference is that these things sort of bloom naturally throughout the stories instead of being told that they're there to the player.
Without spoiling anything, there are also endings that are simply heartbreaking, but I can't think of one that seemingly shows up out of nowhere.

Sep 21, 2021
Okay, so I decided to go with the original version, so I thought: "Eh, that HD patch sounds pretty nice", so I installed it. The process went without a hitch, however the resolution now appears to be a bit messed up as you can see in the attached screenshot(the image doesn't scale properly with my res, windowed mode doesn't change anything either). In-game options don't have actual resolution configs, and I also tried digging around in py files inside the folders, hoping to find the file with resolution values to tweak manually: no luck, and I simply don't know what exactly to look for because I previously had no such problems in RenPy games.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

1660598337148.png

Reactions: Sabores
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes