3.50 star(s) 37 Votes

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
That is a huge flaw in the design. The game forces you down the purity/blackmail path unless you do very specific things early on to get the full corruption path. To me, the game was extremely restrictive.

I'm not new to visual novels. I highly recommend these visual novels which have more flexibility:

Dreams of Desire
My Legacy
Dating my Daughter
Lovely Guests
Intimate Relations
Dreaming of Dana
if you wnat to go that route, then don't play any computer games, unless you do specific things you don't get what you want.. like mass effect. if you don't kill Wrex in me1, then you can't save mordin in me3. it's how it is, if you don't like it I understand but realize that the ones you listed are more of a "visual novel" vs a game. this gives you chances to go down the paths you want but you aren't just handed them on a plate.... plus my legacy, requires you to do things to get some of the content.... if you don't then you don't get what you want.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
if you wnat to go that route, then don't play any computer games, unless you do specific things you don't get what you want.. like mass effect. if you don't kill Wrex in me1, then you can't save mordin in me3. it's how it is, if you don't like it I understand but realize that the ones you listed are more of a "visual novel" vs a game. this gives you chances to go down the paths you want but you aren't just handed them on a plate.... plus my legacy, requires you to do things to get some of the content.... if you don't then you don't get what you want.
You can defend the game all you want but the last 75% of the game forces you down a specific path that the player cannot change. It is fixed which is a very poor design. The player should be able to change from pure to corruption or vice versa throughout the game which currently isn't possible (except in the first 25% of the game). I understand that this makes the logic and coding easier (I'm a software developer myself) but it's a lazy approach. I've been playing computer games for over 36 years so I doubt you have more experience than me. :)

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
You can defend the game all you want but the last 75% of the game forces you down a specific path that the player cannot change. It is fixed which is a very poor design. The player should be able to change from pure to corruption or vice versa throughout the game which currently isn't possible (except in the first 25% of the game). I understand that this makes the logic and coding easier (I'm a software developer myself) but it's a lazy approach. I've been playing computer games for over 36 years so I doubt you have more experience than me. :)
I'm not defending the game persay, I am saying you did not choose the right path... dreaming of dana even forces you down a path once you pick one. but attack the game all you like, honestly your opinion is just that, mine is as well. oh 36 years computer game experience? oh my... I just can't help that.... i mean i've been playing them since about 1979 myself. i've played consoles, computers, standups.... i've played text games that infuriated me, and graphic games that just didn't do much. you seem like the type that has to be the only one that knows better, let me see 1979, means i've been playing video games for 38 years. so i'm pretty sure you can't top that unless you want to go into the dumb terminal games and the original pong games. This game has great stuff in it, and you have to work for it. I remember working to win at pacman and TRON, and defender, missile command and getting very little in return, now people want games that are easy. look at world of warcraft. it was sooooo easy i can't even play it and I love the mmo genre as well. enjoy your world shattering.

Reactions: dbp5ca

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
The player should be able to change from pure to corruption or vice versa throughout the game which currently isn't possible (except in the first 25% of the game). I understand that this makes the logic and coding easier
A quick question. Have you tried the game Good Girl Gone Bad? You might get the "choice" thing you are after in that game. If that is what you are looking for.

I'm not defending the game persay, I am saying you did not choose the right path... dreaming of dana even forces you down a path once you pick one. but attack the game all you like, honestly your opinion is just that, mine is as well. oh 36 years computer game experience? oh my... I just can't help that.... i mean i've been playing them since about 1979 myself. i've played consoles, computers, standups.... i've played text games that infuriated me, and graphic games that just didn't do much. you seem like the type that has to be the only one that knows better, let me see 1979, means i've been playing video games for 38 years. so i'm pretty sure you can't top that unless you want to go into the dumb terminal games and the original pong games. This game has great stuff in it, and you have to work for it. I remember working to win at pacman and TRON, and defender, missile command and getting very little in return, now people want games that are easy. look at world of warcraft. it was sooooo easy i can't even play it and I love the mmo genre as well. enjoy your world shattering.
Damn you pacman!! i told you to go left and not straight into the ghost!:'(

Reactions: Back

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
A quick question. Have you tried the game Good Girl Gone Bad? You might get the "choice" thing you are after in that game. If that is what you are looking for.
But GGGB also forces you to make the choice; for example if you do not get early corruption points, Jack will not choose to drive you to home, he will get Eva to the car. I tried for more than 1 hour to get in the car without being corrupted but that is not possible. That game is not different from Katie, to become a really bad girl, you need to get corrupted at the start of the game.

As Freki said, in any game, if you want to get specific results, you need to take specific actions. For example, i play Baldur's Gate 2 and if i become a warrior, i can not cast spells. Does it make any sense for me to bitch about how the game does not allow a warrior to cast spells? Of course not, if you want to cast spells, be a wizard. If you want a corrupt Katie, then take corruption points.

Reactions: dbp5ca and othello

Brickman

May 26, 2017
I was about to recommend the same game. Unparalleled when it comes to choices and real effects on the story.
But GGGB also forces you to make the choice; for example if you do not get early corruption points, Jack will not choose to drive you to home, he will get Eva to the car. I tried for more than 1 hour to get in the car without being corrupted but that is not possible. That game is not different from Katie, to become a really bad girl, you need to get corrupted at the start of the game.
I don't think you get the concept. What matters about choices is the consequences as the game progresses. Jack reacts differently if you have bad points at the start of the game, otherwise he goes for your friend Eva. If you had the choice to get in his car regardless, there would be no consequences for how you played before. The problem with katies corruptios is that the mechanics are not clear and the manipulation points reset, so sometimes if you miss just one point you can't get access to sex scenes even if you are very corrupted.

LordD99

Aug 15, 2017
Wow...game Devs vs Devs right now,seriously? it just the games why so so seriously???? If you liked the games liked the games,thank you the Author,uploader,and the site who provide this :). If you don't liked it then make your own. By the way, in the beginning i didn't feel much playing this games but now i started enjoyed the games. So...thank you! Can't wait for the next update. :firstimekiss:

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017

As Freki said, in any game, if you want to get specific results, you need to take specific actions. For example, i play Baldur's Gate 2 and if i become a warrior, i can not cast spells. Does it make any sense for me to bitch about how the game does not allow a warrior to cast spells? Of course not, if you want to cast spells, be a wizard. If you want a corrupt Katie, then take corruption points.
Well you know, some games let you pick warrior as main class and like spell caster as sub class and then you can cast spells thats kinda how these games are Katies you get locked into Pure Warrior while GGGB is more flexible. With GGGB it feels like i control everything that Ash does and it feels like what i do effects the "story/world". I can't say the same about this. I have not playd this game in a long time, but last time i playd it feelt like it hardlocked me into paths that i had to go through. Compare that to GGGB where if i go down a path i can always back out at pretty much any second. You can go full corrupted Ash and still be a nice none slutty Ash in GGGB. I don't see that in here. I'm not saying the game is good or bad. Thats up for each of us to decide.
The problem with katies corruptios is that the mechanics are not clear and the manipulation points reset, so sometimes if you miss just one point you can't get access to sex scenes even if you are very corrupted.
Pretty much this.
I was about to recommend the same game. Unparalleled when it comes to choices and real effects on the story.
Yeah, the paths and choices are insane in that game. its mindblowing. Anyway enough OT from me in this thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
The problem with katies corruptios is that the mechanics are not clear and the manipulation points reset, so sometimes if you miss just one point you can't get access to sex scenes even if you are very corrupted.
Exactly! I'm not trying to measure dicks with anyone, just pointing out some pretty glaring game flaws. I'm cool with fixed decisions but when you think you made all the right choices during two play throughs and you end up in the same purity/blackmail path it is quite annoying and frustrating. Plus there is no way out of the path and you are hard locked for 75% of the game. There really needs to be a few options/choices to travel to the light or dark side or make the choices a bit clearer. Most games of this type use a + and - system, however this one resets the corruption stat at least four times (and doesn't reset the purity stat).

The story and the writing is quite good. The game could become great with some added decisions and/or logic changes and/or choice clarifications.

Last edited:

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Exactly! I'm not trying to measure dicks with anyone, just pointing out some pretty glaring game flaws. I'm cool with fixed decisions but when you think you made all the right choices during two play throughs and you end up in the same purity/blackmail path it is quite annoying and frustrating. Plus there is no way out of the path and you are hard locked for 75% of the game. There really needs to be a few options/choices to travel to the light or dark side or make the choices a bit clearer. Most games of this type use a + and - system, however this one resets the corruption stat at least four times (and doesn't reset the purity stat).

The story and the writing is quite good. The game could become great with some added decisions and/or logic changes and/or choice clarifications.
but you are not the dev. he chose to do it this way. it is a legitimate choice and if you do not like it, leave it alone or make your own and make your choices and publish your own stuff.

othello

May 30, 2017
The dev of Katie's promised to find a way the gamer would be able to freely change between the different paths. However, once you change the MC's appearance like hair colour, style, visible tattoos, piercings or breast/butt expansion, it's rather impossible because this would mean double or even triple renders to cover each different path. Another point is the crediblity of the story: as the theme here is corruption and each action should have certain consequences it would simply be ridiculous if you let the MC fuck around and suddenly decide to return to purity, the same goes if the MC stays pure all the time and then decides to go bad after taking drugs just once. Some people here suggest you try GGGB but even in that game, where you have a lot more choices, you have to decide which direction the MC will go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
but you are not the dev. he chose to do it this way. it is a legitimate choice and if you do not like it, leave it alone or make your own and make your choices and publish your own stuff.
Of course I'm not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and devs should take player feedback seriously. Telling people "if you don't like it make your own game" is an immature response.

The point is during that last 75% of the game the player's decisions are an illusion (i.e. they make little difference in the outcome and are really pointless).

othello

May 30, 2017

Okay, this surely is one of the drawbacks of Katie's. Indeed the dev should use a more flexible system instead of just giving you 10 points and at 6 points you may choose to go along one path or another. Btw, if you missed to hit the corruption path just look at post 1428 of this thread.

Last edited:

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Of course I'm not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and devs should take player feedback seriously. Telling people "if you don't like it make your own game" is an immature response.

The point is during that last 75% of the game the player's decisions are an illusion (i.e. they make little difference in the outcome and are really pointless).
it is not immature, it is a suggestion that says, if you know better than the dev as to what the dev intended you should be the one making it. coming here and saying you didnt even try to learn what it would take to get the content you wanted. claiming you know better than someone because you know video games for over 36 years, you know what everyone else wants in this game. that is immature and presumptuous. you could have said, hey i dont like this because x, y, and z. yet you did that then said you know better, so show that knowledge. do it yourself and show others how well and better you can do it or move on.

MinSyy

Sep 18, 2017
Sorry if it was already mentioned before but how do i acces the choice to let max (the dog) come with her father as he calls? I havent been able to get this one yet and would be grateful if someone could help me out or link me a walkthrough or something! Thanks!

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Sorry if it was already mentioned before but how do i acces the choice to let max (the dog) come with her father as he calls? I havent been able to get this one yet and would be grateful if someone could help me out or link me a walkthrough or something! Thanks!
Max has been removed due to Patreons new rules.

Reactions: verzauberung

othello

May 30, 2017
Even if you don't like Patreon's policy (as I do as well) censorship is not the correct term. The constitution prohibits the legislative from establishing any laws that censor art, a private company like Patreon may set the rules as they please.

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
Even if you don't like Patreon's policy (as I do as well) censorship is not the correct term. The constitution prohibits the legislative from establishing any laws that censor art, a private company like Patreon may set the rules as they please.
When Patreon starts taking away what people like or was expecting to see, they'll hit them where it counts, in the wallet. I was looking forward to "Max" content.

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes