Others KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! [Acid Style]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
A small note for those wondering where I'm at now. (This also counts as my monthly update post, for March):
I have text for Stg4-Stg6 (to map 18) pulled. Which comprises of around 7k characters, so it's going to be a bit of a longer section. Which will start to be translated around the first of next month or so. Nox had some extra work come in, since I was radio silent for a stint. So it will be a wait for this portion and I won't have much of an update until the end of next month, other than to announce total expected workload.

The leftovers are currently:
  • Stg6: Map 19 - Map 25
  • The rest of Mel's lines
  • The rest of Mistress Arianna's lines
  • The rest of the Exhausted Shopkeep's lines
  • Flavor text in the twins' home
  • A section for Loanshark Jinam
  • A section for the Organization Doctor
  • Challenge stages (most text is in the reward stage)
  • Gallery maps (Mostly copy+paste text. H Gallery menu excluded, that has a lot more text.)
  • Pop-in tutorial text
  • Some light image editing
  • World map location names

After those items are translated, we have general clean up, and double checking for missed text. Especially double checking that all items have their get messages translated.
This is what most people would call the last leg of the journey, but I still won't commit to a hard timeline until I have further info, for the sake of not stoking hopes too high.
Hard to believe it's been over half a year since I got working on this consistently!

Edit: I have pulled what I expect to be the last of all text remaining that needs to be pulled and then translated. Currently, my estimate remaining text sits at 14k characters. This represents about 2-2.5 months of work between myself and Vox, in addition to the section I mentioned at the start.
Once these get started, I will more than likely feel a bit better about giving a more solid timeframe to completion. But per usual, I'll keep yall posted.

Last edited:

Armi

Sep 8, 2017
Amazing work!
Hey, can you also translate key rebinding menu? Or at least put a text file explaining what each key does?
I noticed this game is a lot like older games and rebinding menu is a separate program.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Amazing work!
Hey, can you also translate key rebinding menu? Or at least put a text file explaining what each key does?
I noticed this game is a lot like older games and rebinding menu is a separate program.
As far as I am aware, no I can not translate the external keybind program. The reason I can translate the game is that it has data files that can be slapped into an editor. To the best of my knowledge, the key bind program has nothing I can use to change said language. But it also shouldn't really need it, as if I recall I translated the keybind tutorial in my partial. Which is shown during the first playthrough tutorial.
And which can be found in your game directory, if you search for, "Tutorial*.bmp"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: thekill
Nov 20, 2020
I only regret just now finding out about this gem of a game, I would have gladly offered to help TL this little treasure. Played it to completion and was NOT disappointed. Keep up the excellent work for what you've done though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I only regret just now finding out about this gem of a game, I would have gladly offered to help TL this little treasure. Played it to completion and was NOT disappointed. Keep up the excellent work for what you've done though.
I appreciate that none the less! It's a very great game, and I'm hoping the dev does more M & F content in their next game!

Reactions: Violated Princess
Nov 20, 2020
I really really liked that they equaled out the H for both Rivi and Lufa in this game, being bi it definitely was a welcome sight. Also helps I'm quite a fan of Kemonomimis so this game struck a fair few boxes for my likes. Shame the project is completed and nothing else will be added. Did you make the custom naked _hm01 sprites? If so they turned out great! Also if so, any plans to strip them for _hm02x4 and in their normal stances as well?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I really really liked that they equaled out the H for both Rivi and Lufa in this game, being bi it definitely was a welcome sight. Also helps I'm quite a fan of Kemonomimis so this game struck a fair few boxes for my likes. Shame the project is completed and nothing else will be added. Did you make the custom naked _hm01 sprites? If so they turned out great! Also if so, any plans to strip them for _hm02x4 and in their normal stances as well?
To your first point, bout all I can say is

The dev has said they are bi as well, so I'm hoping to see much more of that come through!

I did not make the sprites, also. The nude edits are additions created by the dev post release. As far as I'm aware, this is something the dev usually does as a post-sale update with most of his games as well as additional stages.

Last edited:

Armi

Sep 8, 2017
The dev has said they are as well, so I'm hoping to see much more of that come through!
The devs of the game will be adding more content?

Also I have played the version from #182 and I have 2 thing to say there:
1 - the game window is VERY small, is the a way to make it larger? (both streching and increase in resolution would be nice)
2 - key rebinding does NOT work! maybe you should look into this

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
The devs of the game will be adding more content?

Also I have played the version from #182 and I have 2 thing to say there:
1 - the game window is VERY small, is the a way to make it larger? (both streching and increase in resolution would be nice)
2 - key rebinding does NOT work! maybe you should look into this
No, the dev will not be adding more to this game. What I was referring to was that the dev is working on new games, and I am hoping to see more M & F content down the line for those games he will release.

To increase the size of the game window, right click the title bar of the game and you are presented with a 200% option in the context menu.

To apply the new keybinds, simply tick the checkbox above the controls in the KeyConfig editor, and hit OK. This will launch the game with your new keybinds.

May 5, 2021
so, I like this, but don't know how to actually run it, so I'll just settle for videos on other sites, but hey, let me know when this possibly gets translated, and the files no longer have moonrunes that stop it so I can't even open it.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
so, I like this, but don't know how to actually run it, so I'll just settle for videos on other sites, but hey, let me know when this possibly gets translated, and the files no longer have moonrunes that stop it so I can't even open it.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the confusion. If you've downloaded my partial, all you should need to do is run the English named exe, "Kemomimi Treasure Hunters!.exe" Is there something happening that prevents it from running normally?

May 5, 2021
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the confusion. If you've downloaded my partial, all you should need to do is run the English named exe, "Kemomimi Treasure Hunters!.exe" Is there something happening that prevents it from running normally?
ah, didn't see that, because I downloaded from the first page, and it was all electric computer nonsence for file names and what not, so that didn't work, thank you for providing me with this.

May 5, 2021
so, I download both, and try running the english exe, but nothing happens, I even try running it through my locale emulator, and neither allow it to open, I feel like there's a step I'm missing here.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
so, I download both, and try running the english exe, but nothing happens, I even try running it through my locale emulator, and neither allow it to open, I feel like there's a step I'm missing here.
Do you get any sort of error message?
Where have you extracted the game to?
Does the unpacked folder match this size/file count?

May 5, 2021
Do you get any sort of error message?
Where have you extracted the game to?
Does the unpacked folder match this size/file count?

I mean, I would send you screenshots if I knew where the snip tool was sending them, the windows + shift + s tool.
but what I can tell you, is that there is no error screen, because when I click on the aplication, it will do nothing, no opening, no crash sound, nothing, for folder size, it has 2,316 Files, 154 Folders, size on disk 340 MB (356,700,160 bytes), and size 336 MB (352,329,991 bytes), so something must be wrong, because all I did, was download the one from the first page, the initial one, and then the one you sent me too, I unpacked the first one, then the one you sent me too, and had them in the same place, I overwrote the first ones with the newer ones, and it left me with two applications, one the original, and the second, the newer one, but both did not work, even with my locale emulator.

I extracted the game in a brand-new folder, in my drive, it's a separate drive from my main one (the one with windows and the main operating stuff), cause that's how I'm supposed to put new things on my computer.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I mean, I would send you screenshots if I knew where the snip tool was sending them, the windows + shift + s tool.
but what I can tell you, is that there is no error screen, because when I click on the aplication, it will do nothing, no opening, no crash sound, nothing, for folder size, it has 2,316 Files, 154 Folders, size on disk 340 MB (356,700,160 bytes), and size 336 MB (352,329,991 bytes), so something must be wrong, because all I did, was download the one from the first page, the initial one, and then the one you sent me too, I unpacked the first one, then the one you sent me too, and had them in the same place, I overwrote the first ones with the newer ones, and it left me with two applications, one the original, and the second, the newer one, but both did not work, even with my locale emulator.

I extracted the game in a brand-new folder, in my drive, it's a separate drive from my main one (the one with windows and the main operating stuff), cause that's how I'm supposed to put new things on my computer.
What program are you using to extract the game?
If you are using WinZip it is well known to not handle any sort of JP characters and will often break the extraction process. WiinRAR or 7zip is your best bet. (7zip is total freeware and does not have the same WinRAR style popups.) I would also try my, "Newest DLSite release with Eng partial" ver in a new folder to see if that helps as well.

May 5, 2021
What program are you using to extract the game?
If you are using WinZip it is well known to not handle any sort of JP characters and will often break the extraction process. WiinRAR or 7zip is your best bet. (7zip is total freeware and does not have the same WinRAR style popups.) I would also try my, "Newest DLSite release with Eng partial" ver in a new folder to see if that helps as well.
I used 7zip, I think, I might have used bandizip, but I think I used 7zip.

So, I just did that version in a new folder, no other things, and it all works fine, no need to even use locale emulator, just left click and it opens, thank you for the help!

Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
honestly it's super impressive to see someone stick with working on translating this for so long--i can admire that strength of will! you're doing a fantastic job TragicSolitude!!
Bahah well thank you, it helps mostly that I'm paying for it. So since I've already dumped money into it, it would be a waste to not keep going and all! Fairly dumb way to keep going, but hey, if it works!

• Red Heart
Reactions: keroninvasion

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
hey tragic do you know anything about the game dev do they update or post new games often? I know they are Japanese so it makes it a little hard getting info on them I just wanted to make sure that we don't miss anything important they drop thanks

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes