Others KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! [Acid Style]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
hio, i hope your doing well,
sry for asking this, but hows the translation going ? cant wait to see the end result :3

i know there was some holdbacks and some translation issue, but its all good and i can wait, excelent work comes with great patient
Hello, translation is going at the moment.
I got the portion I sent off back and have been working on it. I'm on the Gallery menu that includes all the info of stages, characters, items, etc.
This portion is a little slow due to work life (and having a relatively rough month, pain and sickness wise), and engine funniness. I'm still experimenting on and off with how best to get text in there. As while dialog boxes work fine, and I can work around those (text length wise), these present more of an issue. I still don't fully understand a lot of these settings for message boxes and how they act in these menus. (I put figuring these out off something fierce. As it's just funky all around.)
The positioning is rather irksome as shown in the screens below. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this before moving on. (Or, I might just say screw it to having them be consistent and clean and slap it in...Again. lol)
(I've also been slacking yesterday as Eris Dysnomia came out, and I spent a very decent chunk of my day enjoying that...)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fredly

Aug 20, 2020
I found a Korean translation of this game. ( )
Translated using this unofficial tool...( )
Because the default setting is the Korean locale, it is necessary to modify the config for English translation.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I found a Korean translation of this game. ( )
Translated using this unofficial tool...( )
Because the default setting is the Korean locale, it is necessary to modify the config for English translation.
It's an interesting sounding program, but unfortunately, it's all in Korean. So it's more or less a bit of a wash for me to try and figure out. (And there's no way I can see on first blush to have that program simply be in English.) Editing the game isn't super hard as is, plus I think these sorts of programs would only work for Asian languages. Where things like Japanese and Chinese don't require as much space to say things. (Maybe Korean too?)
Localizing this to English takes a LOT of layout and editing, as there's a LOT less room for English characters. Adding extra message boxes has been a must with dialogue.
Thank you for the interesting notes though!

tanolino

Mar 29, 2020
Does anyone know how to revisit the scene in the pyramid? With the siblings trapped in the room
You can watch it in the gallery. That you go home -> Enter -> Select the Box with two hearts (Go to gallery) -> Select the Icon with a Door with a heart on it -> Enter the house with the door that has a movie symbol above it -> select scene

Jun 30, 2021
You can watch it in the gallery. That you go home -> Enter -> Select the Box with two hearts (Go to gallery) -> Select the Icon with a Door with a heart on it -> Enter the house with the door that has a movie symbol above it -> select scene
Thanks!
Does the game need to be completed? Because I can't seem to find the door with a heart

BasketOfNekos

Aug 7, 2020
Checking back in on this forum to see if this game was going to actually get translated, and this post has honestly made my day. I know you've been having some life troubles but this is amazing stuff, so keep up the good work. You can be sure that I'm playing this game all over again when you finish this. :3

On a side note, its a real shame seeing how much space is in between each of the letters considering how much trouble you've been having while fitting the text in. Though even if its a bit scuffed I'm just happy it's getting translated.

Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Checking back in on this forum to see if this game was going to actually get translated, and this post has honestly made my day. I know you've been having some life troubles but this is amazing stuff, so keep up the good work. You can be sure that I'm playing this game all over again when you finish this. :3

On a side note, its a real shame seeing how much space is in between each of the letters considering how much trouble you've been having while fitting the text in. Though even if its a bit scuffed I'm just happy it's getting translated.
I appreciate your, and everyone else's, kind words with this project! I will certainly admit that this has been quite the strain on my budget even still, but I'm glad to see so many people interested in seeing this come out! Certainly helps keep my meager motivation going lol.

On the latter point, yes I agree. It is a massive shame (read: nuisance) that I can't get around how this engine handles English characters. But at this point, I'm so close to end game, that I should just cope and put in what I can. Even if the full text has to be put into a document for only really interested people to read.

jolg

Jul 7, 2020
what program do yall use to translate the game?...im currently trying out Textractor and i have time on my hands...plus im a fan of Acid Style's games...

EDIT: Textractor at the least makes it readable and playable...tho a decent translation would be nice...
View attachment 984390
Do you need Cloud Google Translation to use Textractor? don't really understand how to use it.

b800047

Jun 9, 2017
Do you need Cloud Google Translation to use Textractor? don't really understand how to use it.
kinda...been a long since ive used it...mostly played through it once as is but pretty much open the game first, open textractor, click "attach to game" to the appropriate game exe (けもみみトレジャーハンターズ!.exe was the title for mine to click on), and on the top right select the appropriate box where the text shows to translate automatically (mine was 2:32BB:multibytetowide something)...as i said before, it may or not translate anymore since mines outdated and showing "error to translate"...but other than that this was the closest to actually translating the game at a decent rate...machine translate mind you...

Reactions: jolg

Gigglebits

Jun 19, 2017
im having trouble getting the other acid style games working with sound, some sounds play properly but others wont, this one seems to be working fine, but im just curious if others are having the same kinda issues with barrage/ethereal legion?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
im having trouble getting the other acid style games working with sound, some sounds play properly but others wont, this one seems to be working fine, but im just curious if others are having the same kinda issues with barrage/ethereal legion?
I haven't run into these issues myself, but I would say to double check the "wav" folder to see if any of the sound clips have broken names, perhaps?
That would be the only thing I can think of that might be causing some sounds to not work properly while others do.

In other words, Nox has sent me back a small section I sent off to him, and I have been plugging that in. It isn't anything major gameplay wise. It is largely pop-in tutorial text, as that was the most I could afford recently.
With that being finished up though, that brings us to the last document I'll need to send off to Nox, and then start clean-up and finally be ready to release this fully! Barring that I find anything in my clean up that was missed and needs to be translated, otherwise.
Which brings me to why this has been taking so long past my initial estimate. Most of the delay has been caused by money, and my personal lack therein to buy his services. So apologies there, and that it will also be another stint before I can send off this last document. As this document is quite the dense final section, clocking in at just over 7k characters. I'm hopeful that I will have the funds on the 25th to get that sent out. But as a fair warning, it might be a stretch to afford it then. So there is a possibility it might be pushed back just a bit.
Thanks again to everyone who stuck through this for the long year it has already been!

Gigglebits

Jun 19, 2017
I haven't run into these issues myself, but I would say to double check the "wav" folder to see if any of the sound clips have broken names, perhaps?
That would be the only thing I can think of that might be causing some sounds to not work properly while others do.

In other words, Nox has sent me back a small section I sent off to him, and I have been plugging that in. It isn't anything major gameplay wise. It is largely pop-in tutorial text, as that was the most I could afford recently.
With that being finished up though, that brings us to the last document I'll need to send off to Nox, and then start clean-up and finally be ready to release this fully! Barring that I find anything in my clean up that was missed and needs to be translated, otherwise.
Which brings me to why this has been taking so long past my initial estimate. Most of the delay has been caused by money, and my personal lack therein to buy his services. So apologies there, and that it will also be another stint before I can send off this last document. As this document is quite the dense final section, clocking in at just over 7k characters. I'm hopeful that I will have the funds on the 25th to get that sent out. But as a fair warning, it might be a stretch to afford it then. So there is a possibility it might be pushed back just a bit.
Thanks again to everyone who stuck through this for the long year it has already been!

I really appreciate a reply! but unfortunately its not the wave file names :(
From what i can tell, menu movement sounds, character and minion attack sounds dont play
Music plays, minion casting plays, and menu selection noise plays, its so very strange

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I really appreciate a reply! but unfortunately its not the wave file names :(
From what i can tell, menu movement sounds, character and minion attack sounds dont play
Music plays, minion casting plays, and menu selection noise plays, its so very strange
Odd, just to verify, these are my file counts for both Barrage! and Ethereal Legion, respectively. Does your file count match these?

Some more common things to run through:
  • As silly as it sounds, is BGM set to ON and SE turned up to any appreciable level?
  • Do both games have GuruGuruSMF4.dll and Vox.dll in the base game folder? (I believe the GuruGuru dll is the one responsible for WAV/MIDI support. But may be wrong.) See the last screenshot for reference.
  • What folder are you running these games from? A protected Windows directory? That would be any user folder based in the C:\ drive. Desktop, My Documents, My Videos, etc. C:\Program Files\ may be okay, but I'd generally advise running hentai games on a non-OS drive, usually.
  • What OS are you using? Can you try running those games in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows if you're on Win 11?

Last edited:

Gigglebits

Jun 19, 2017
Odd, just to verify, these are my file counts for both Barrage! and Ethereal Legion, respectively. Does your file count match these?

• As silly as it sounds, is BGM set to ON and SE turned up to any appreciable level?
  • Do both games have GuruGuruSMF4.dll and Vox.dll in the base game folder? (I believe the GuruGuru dll is the one responsible for WAV/MIDI support. But may be wrong.) See the last screenshot for reference.
  • What folder are you running these games from? A protected Windows directory? That would be any user folder based in the C:\ drive. Desktop, My Documents, My Videos, etc. C:\Program Files\ may be okay, but I'd generally advise running hentai games on a non-OS drive, usually.
  • What OS are you using? Can you try running those games in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows if you're on Win 11?

File counts match perfectly

• Ja, double checked ^_^
  • Have both those files for both games, check
  • Moved around both games, a few times, still no dice :(
  • Currently on 11, tried compat mode for both games with every compat option, still the same thing
I just found it really strange, and i cant figure it out, which is ashame because both those games are super fun
Just for reference i am using the games download from f95 zone, maybe somehow these are corrupt files now? IDK

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
-snip-

I just found it really strange, and i cant figure it out, which is ashame because both those games are super fun
Just for reference i am using the games download from f95 zone, maybe somehow these are corrupt files now? IDK

I find it difficult to think that it may be corrupt files if the file counts/size match correctly. Usually that would show up in some regard in the file size, or would be mentioned in threads for those games. But there is certainly no better explanation I can come up with atm.
Regardless, here's that I know works so you can try that.
You can try running the games as an Admin to see if that changes anything, but I'm starting to think this might just be Windows 11 funny BS.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gigglebits

weisshexe

Aug 3, 2018
How is the progress on the translation? Is there a half-trans version out to give it a test drive?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
How is the progress on the translation? Is there a half-trans version out to give it a test drive?
Heya, as I talked about a few posts above on #254, it's on the last little stretch.
I have to get the last document sent out, clean it up, and it'll be ready for release. I mentioned it might take a while due to money, but you can review that post for more details.

A partial is on this post (This post has a DL for the newest version of the game with the partial pre-applied.) and covers from Intro to the end of Stage 3, and all animated sex cutscenes.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes