freereal

Nov 10, 2017
Dont know about the "code" hack. If its in the hack databank in green or red?
If its red i think it's still only a part of the full hack and you still need to find a secend part or maybe more.

On the side rip hack is bugged only doing 2 dmg like the aoe hack not the 4 it should do

Also thank you for the tip with the json i added all 4 bugtyps to the tutorial.
For others how want to start with a lot of bugs for the hacks: open eosscript.json with notepad++ or use a online jsonreader.
At line 512 at "script": change "b1++" to "b1++;b2++;b3++;b4++" and you have 1 of every bugtyp.
use copy+past of b1++;b2++;b3++;b4++; in the "" for as many bugs you want to have.
After that at the very end delete the ; so that b4++" is at the end. Save and fully restart the game.
If all worked now you should get not just one bug in the tutorial but have more than enough for all the hacks.
This way i have a bit over 500+ of every bugtyp for the hacks.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Anyone know what the "code" Hack does?
It's mentioned in the hacking tutorial that some hacks you can collect are only pieces of a whole. You need to find or be told by other players what the other pieces are, figure out the order of them, and them we'll know what it does.

Not sure what the other pieces are now, but I've see one or two of them before. Just forgot what they were.

Reactions: indyc

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Is there any gameover scene except the one at the end of the halloween dungeon? This one was quite fun and i wondered if there was actually any other to vary a bit when you are defeated?

For the code hack you have two other pieces to use before
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was also wondering what are the wishes input i could ask to the genie? I tried a few but ended with a critical error each time.

Last edited:

blarghs

Sep 27, 2020
Liked this one quite a bit. Slightly disappointed that the hypnosis debuff seems to do nothing until you get gameover though. There's a decent amount of replayability as well.

Is there a reason to not run from most fights?

Halloween boss and final boss were quite tough.

Vexton

May 11, 2017
enkephalin07
Since you wrote that curious review, let me tell you with complete honesty, I had no idea that EOS existed before I saw this game. That means starting from 2003, when I did write manually with my bare hands without SDK, IDE or any now existing smart tools my first homepages in HTML (not 5), later with CSS, then switching to majorly PHP based webpages, and starting to use JS. I had to code in Nasal (learn to use on the spot) for job interview, did my college with ASPX and do CTF on geek events. EOS has never crossed my path before, and I have no idea what communities indyc member of, never met in any way so far outside this website and beyond the last 36 hours. Therefore you beliefs seems to not match with reality. Oh, yeah, the dev mentioned he will go after different engine for any next project, just like you explained, so that actually is true in a different spice.

I would suggest you to first discuss your difficulties here in the thread (about the game).
I played it on PC with keyboard. Yes, I clicked the mouse and switched to keyboard when it was needed. I believe the project was not scoped for touchpad input - which can seriously degrade your experience if you try to play it that way.
The dev chose to do this project. He did not force it on you to have stress. You decided to download and you forced yourself through. You need to tell to the guy in the mirror how to avoid such experiences.

You did not feel properly rewarded at the ending. That is okay. Since you have platform to discuss it with the dev, it might even change in the future if you put effort in it. F95 is not a free delivery service, more a place where by discussion you can affect the arc of development - but in the end I'm no F95 staff, I might be wrong.

Reactions: Ashhhhhh

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Is there any gameover scene except the one at the end of the halloween dungeon? This one was quite fun and i wondered if there was actually any other to vary a bit when you are defeated?

For the code hack you have two other pieces to use before
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was also wondering what are the wishes input i could ask to the genie? I tried a few but ended with a critical error each time.
I think so but I honestly can't remember all the locations unless I go look for them. The better answer is that there will be a gameover scene for every zone coming in the future!

The genie lists a bunch of the options (free/freedom, prince, hack, file, win, etc) and there are a few to find. However, what I think happens is after you use your 3 wishes it doesn't tell you that you are out of wishes and just dings you with damage. I'm guessing that is what happened and I have fixed it for the next version.
Liked this one quite a bit. Slightly disappointed that the hypnosis debuff seems to do nothing until you get gameover though. There's a decent amount of replayability as well.

Is there a reason to not run from most fights?

Halloween boss and final boss were quite tough.
While there is definitely more hypno content to come, it changes how a few encounters interact with you, makes Octokuro's curse last longer on you, and gives you a tiny hypno event in between levels if your hypno is around mid level or higher.

Reason not to run from most fights - Each girl you run from is a "vote" against whatever attributes she has and will makes you see less of that in future encounters. (which I need more encounters to make feel right). Also, unless I broke something, running from girls doesn't count as a "clear". Essentially you either need to beat or lose to about 3 girls before facing a boss on early levels, running from them shouldn't be moving that needle forward. Running also costs bugs and does not grant the bugs you would get from facing the girls.

There technically isn't a final boss yet which is why the end stuff feels so sudden. I am still adjusting difficulties but I do want at least the camping boss to be quite a challenge.
enkephalin07
Since you wrote that curious review, let me tell you with complete honesty, I had no idea that EOS existed before I saw this game.
It means a lot to me that you provided your perspective. I had reached out to enkephalin07 for more information because I honestly believe true critical constructive feedback is incredibly valuable and they are most definitely entitled to their opinion.

Reactions: Vexton

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022
Great game! I'm enjoying it very much!

I've replayed it many times and got to admit... this is quite tough. Even though my wpm is roughly 95 im still struggling. Also due to the engine's limitations ofc with the double click but for the people also struggling and reading this. You can also click once and then press TAB instead of click ... click.

Some feedback:
1. Again the game is tough, especially further levels which is ofc fine by design. So maybe a casual difficulty could be added for a more relaxed experience. As im now usually just cheating the countdown system by miss-writing on purpose so it doesn't speed up to that i have 2 seconds lol (yes before i realised i could do that i was fighting girls with like <2 seconds).

2. Thus far the variety of every level is great. I love that the AI adapts to your preferences and therefore chooses the girl to fight against. Want to give feedback to add more girls but I think you are already planning on doing that. Can't wait for a new lvl 5 zone!

3. I play with music on instead of the e-stim thing. But i find it very loud haha. Put it at 10% but was still raping my ears. Maybe just a QoL by increasing slider capabilities or turning down the general audio. Or maybe i just got sensitive ears idk.

4. In the first lvl and then the princess related zone. If you get to the boss with the genie, she can only grant you one hack. After that she does not provide any hack gifts unfortunately. Dont know if that was intentional game design or not but if it was maybe add it to the prompt.

5. There is this one girl in the Halloween zone whicha makes half of the prompt very difficult to see. This could be really hard for players who haven't entered the zone a couple of times yet which makes her in my eyes too difficult. After coming there a couple of times you remember the lines etc but getting her on your very first encounter is very tough and might leave a bad impression

6. The side effects/curses are very cool concepts with most of them being clear at what they do and how you got them. Though some can be quite confusing with their effects, so maybe add like an infographic with what each side effect/curse does.

7. Tiny QoL again, im not sure if it got explained the tutorial but i dont think it got. But the icons (spider, lady bug and caterpillar) what do they mean?

8. Also QoL, whenever you are in zone 5 you probably start a hack to get other bugs like the butterfly etc. It is never really told on how much each hack costs for those types and how to obtain them correctly. Often found myself trying to do it but failing horrible lol

At the top of my head this is what i've gathered for feedback throughout my playthroughs.
Hope you can do something with this and I'll be watching with curious eyes towards this project

Feedback aside i think the game is a 5/5. I recognise that its still in development so changes are inevitable :D
If you are doubting if you should install, do it. It is quite challenging but It's a lot of fun and not really like those other typing games!

Reactions: reddking

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Also i'd love to have something to be able to skip to chapter once you beat the game once. i know with this engine you can't put a gellery (like in your other game) and the pics are thrown in the directory with no way to really sort them lol. So the only way to replay a part of the game is to actually do it from start each time.

I have a little workaround but it's only working for a fight. Just reload before win/lose and you can restart at the beginning of the fight, but it's not really what I expect lol. in your succubus game at least we can write the rooms name and go back to it, i know here it's a complete different mechanic, so that's why i ask this.

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
A gallery/encounter specific girls would be nice... Im only really here for the hypno/mind control stuff.
That or maybe just get rid of the game overs and dedicate time to making more losing scenes?
Rather than having the "3 strikes; you're out" system, pile on another status effect at every loss and let those effects be more meaningful in the game.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Some status makes the game completely impossible to play like the one with Octokuro, having them last forever would be only painful. A game over and being able to restart the chapter we want would be so much better, like i suggested.

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022
Some status makes the game completely impossible to play like the one with Octokuro, having them last forever would be only painful. A game over and being able to restart the chapter we want would be so much better, like i suggested.
I've tried her curse once with full hypno but didn't really find it lasting that long. Her curse is tied to your hypno so i guess how shorter yours is how better

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Great game! I'm enjoying it very much!

I've replayed it many times and got to admit... this is quite tough. Even though my wpm is roughly 95 im still struggling. Also due to the engine's limitations ofc with the double click but for the people also struggling and reading this. You can also click once and then press TAB instead of click ... click.

Some feedback:
1. Again the game is tough, especially further levels which is ofc fine by design. So maybe a casual difficulty could be added for a more relaxed experience. As im now usually just cheating the countdown system by miss-writing on purpose so it doesn't speed up to that i have 2 seconds lol (yes before i realised i could do that i was fighting girls with like <2 seconds).

2. Thus far the variety of every level is great. I love that the AI adapts to your preferences and therefore chooses the girl to fight against. Want to give feedback to add more girls but I think you are already planning on doing that. Can't wait for a new lvl 5 zone!
There is a casual mode coming that does not give any hacks and disables the timer. Beyond that I am trying to get some coding help to allow me to tune the difficulty more.

I finished the first encounter of the next level 5 zone today actually, I'm looking forward to getting it out to everyone but it will be on my patreon Funday Friday tomorrow for testing.
3. I play with music on instead of the e-stim thing. But i find it very loud haha. Put it at 10% but was still raping my ears. Maybe just a QoL by increasing slider capabilities or turning down the general audio. Or maybe i just got sensitive ears idk.

4. In the first lvl and then the princess related zone. If you get to the boss with the genie, she can only grant you one hack. After that she does not provide any hack gifts unfortunately. Dont know if that was intentional game design or not but if it was maybe add it to the prompt.

5. There is this one girl in the Halloween zone whicha makes half of the prompt very difficult to see. This could be really hard for players who haven't entered the zone a couple of times yet which makes her in my eyes too difficult. After coming there a couple of times you remember the lines etc but getting her on your very first encounter is very tough and might leave a bad impression
I haven't heard anyone say that about the sounds/music yet but I will make a 5% volume change option this week. Hopefully that will be enough.

The genie giving only one hack will only happen if you have seen all of the uncommon/common hacks already because those are the only types she hands out.

The Halloween ghost hasn't been as big of a hit as I expected her to be. My goal was that the player would have to highlight the text to read it. I should probably lower her HP quite a bit though.
6. The side effects/curses are very cool concepts with most of them being clear at what they do and how you got them. Though some can be quite confusing with their effects, so maybe add like an infographic with what each side effect/curse does.

7. Tiny QoL again, im not sure if it got explained the tutorial but i dont think it got. But the icons (spider, lady bug and caterpillar) what do they mean?

8. Also QoL, whenever you are in zone 5 you probably start a hack to get other bugs like the butterfly etc. It is never really told on how much each hack costs for those types and how to obtain them correctly. Often found myself trying to do it but failing horrible lol

At the top of my head this is what i've gathered for feedback throughout my playthroughs.
Hope you can do something with this and I'll be watching with curious eyes towards this project

Feedback aside i think the game is a 5/5. I recognise that its still in development so changes are inevitable :D
If you are doubting if you should install, do it. It is quite challenging but It's a lot of fun and not really like those other typing games!
6. I don't currently know how I would pull off an infographic. There are hardly any statuses that are "finished" and usually my plans for them also change. I will keep this in mind about how to tackle that issue though.

7. Bugs are primarily the currency you spend to make hacks happen. In general caterpillars bend the rules, ladybugs are defensive, bees are offensive, and spiders do dangerous or naughty things.

8. The way I meant those hacks are to watch what the opponent does and then copy it. If you watch their bug counts you can gather how much it costs them. I on purpose tried to make some of those the most cryptic to make a player actually care to play the campsite at least a second time to gather enough info.

I actually had no idea there was any other adult oriented typing game so that's also interesting to me. Thank you SO much for all the feedback and for the very generous comments and review!
Also i'd love to have something to be able to skip to chapter once you beat the game once. i know with this engine you can't put a gellery (like in your other game) and the pics are thrown in the directory with no way to really sort them lol. So the only way to replay a part of the game is to actually do it from start each time.

I have a little workaround but it's only working for a fight. Just reload before win/lose and you can restart at the beginning of the fight, but it's not really what I expect lol. in your succubus game at least we can write the rooms name and go back to it, i know here it's a complete different mechanic, so that's why i ask this.
I am making a second/stronger skip ahead hack. It will come at a high file cost though to balance in with the other hacks. The reason it doesn't have a save feature similar to TOTS (the save system which seemed to be hated on f95zone anyways) is because it is a much faster game to get through and the rewards can actually be shared between players/runs. This may not be enough of a solution to you but I want to see how much it helps first before moving onto other solutions.
A gallery/encounter specific girls would be nice... Im only really here for the hypno/mind control stuff.
Though I don't think a gallery will be possible, but I'm curious what would you like such a gallery to show?(so I can know how possible it might be) There are over 100 encounters, would each one show a single picture from each girl or would it be really huge? The mind control hypno stuff definitely exists but is maybe 10% or less of the current content. I could see someone being disappointed if that was their only draw.
That or maybe just get rid of the game overs and dedicate time to making more losing scenes?
Rather than having the "3 strikes; you're out" system, pile on another status effect at every loss and let those effects be more meaningful in the game.
I actually think this is a wonderful idea (I LOVE status effects and using them more is A+ in my book) but I don't know if this is the game for that because it can make a run nearly impossible. Having vamparism for example is almost a death sentence to return to spookytown with. I could change the impact of each but I don't think the upside is enough currently. I would prefer to make the game less difficult and add more loss scenes instead as a starting point.
I've tried her curse once with full hypno but didn't really find it lasting that long. Her curse is tied to your hypno so i guess how shorter yours is how better
While hypno level definately increases the Octo curse length, it doesn't have nearly as much impact is how many times she cursed you.

Jan 29, 2022
Though I don't think a gallery will be possible, but I'm curious what would you like such a gallery to show?(so I can know how possible it might be) There are over 100 encounters, would each one show a single picture from each girl or would it be really huge? The mind control hypno stuff definitely exists but is maybe 10% or less of the current content. I could see someone being disappointed if that was their only draw.
The gallery would consist of maybe a path towards that specific fight, and maybe listing the respective tags that apply to that encounter. An example would be implementing a button that takes you to a list of all the girls present in the game, and when you click on that girl's name, it sends you straight into their fight.

So when you start the game it would have [Gallery] button, when you click on it, it gives a list of names of the various girls (if too many you can implement a next button to scroll to the next page) when you click on a specific girl's name, it gives a short list of the tags, such as hypnosis, brunette, etc.... and it prompts if you want to go into the fight. If they select no, go back to the gallery, If they select yes, they are sent into the fight, when the player wins or looses, they are sent back to the gallery.

I'm by no means a coder, but it would just be coding an alternative way to get to specific fights. If you want you could make it so that the girl's saved by you in the campaign are the ones unlocked in the gallery, but that may just be extra work. Let me know your thoughts.

PS.

Even if hypno stuff is only 10%, its still really good. Me likey.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: knownelias

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Thanks for expanding a lot more in what you are looking for. I don't think I'm interested in having any sort of list jump straight to actual encounters even if I spare the time, file space, and engine capability to do that. It would just feel to me like bypassing the game entirely when all the systems are built to work in the current fashion. It also would make it too easy to farm bosses for new hacks because it would be difficult to tell the game that you got there from the gallery.

Eventually if I have enough encounters, the attribute preference system should build your favorites to be played every single time and exclude the others. Perhaps that is more the feeling you are going for? I'm glad what hypno content exists is up your alley - more to come!

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
What I'd really like would be a gallery-like feature of girls you have met in your playthroughs and what you decided to do with them? Lose/Keep/Destroy. Not a full gallery with all pictures, just maybe the first one, her name, her attributes/tags and all that summarized in the category you chose with each level. Mostly so you can figure out what girls you haven't met yet, so you can go for specific categories.

Secondly I'd like a feature where I see what "tags" or "preferences" the game has given me, so I know if I need to reset my girl-selection. Personally I feel, that the type of girls I lose to (to have the game detect my preference), seem to show up less. But maybe that's just personal feeling.

blarghs

Sep 27, 2020
The boss in the library feels a bit overtuned. Long prompts, short timer, and you have to hit the thing on the side (not hitting it resets the prompt anyway).

Some kind of NG+ mode where you start with some resources at the cost of also starting with some status effects would be pretty cool.

I'd also like it if there was a "known commands" list somewhere for all the rest, run, strip and "advanced bugs".

What's the difference between destroy and keep after defeating something? I noticed kept ones can occasionally show up again later in a new encounter.

Would be nice with a run alternative that marks this particular encounter as disliked, without changing other preferences.

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022
The boss in the library feels a bit overtuned. Long prompts, short timer, and you have to hit the thing on the side (not hitting it resets the prompt anyway).

Some kind of NG+ mode where you start with some resources at the cost of also starting with some status effects would be pretty cool.

I'd also like it if there was a "known commands" list somewhere for all the rest, run, strip and "advanced bugs".

What's the difference between destroy and keep after defeating something? I noticed kept ones can occasionally show up again later in a new encounter.

Would be nice with a run alternative that marks this particular encounter as disliked, without changing other preferences.
In the tutorial it is explained that destroying or keeping that will depend if you see them of others like them more often :)

Reactions: blarghs
Jan 29, 2022
Would any other Hypno/Mind Control enjoyers like to help me map out all the hypno scenes, I can list the ones i've found.
1st levels
The siren uses hypnotic singing in the princess stage
A girl plays hypnotic music in the color world

2nd Levels
Boss of the house stage uses hypnosis

3rd Levels
There are two girls who use hypnosis to make you watch their lesbian action in the stadium
There is a girl who uses her pussy to hypnotize you in the neon nights stage

4th Levels
The spooky house has a girl who uses a magic orb to hypnotize you, and the 3 devils (totally not chainsaw man girls) use their eyes and chests.

5th Level
The only thing I could find was one instance with the butterfly girls, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

Also i believe reaching a certain level of the status makes you periodically receive hypno themed images.

Don't know if I got them all, let me know!

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
I'm waiting for the update that will include a more casual mode before I jump back into the game and explore different routes, but once that drops I'll do my best to record any instances I run into. I think there are substantial content updates planned too, so there may be more hypno content included with those.

Reactions: Hypno_Enthusiast
4.30 star(s) 11 Votes