Jul 1, 2019
There is a bug in the game where it can't understand some buff skill types and crashes. I think they might have accidentally translated the skill type and now the game doesn't recognize certain buff skills and crashes.

I've made a fix here to avoid those crashes.
This also contain a change I've made before so the voice doesn't stop when going to the next page (except if the next page is another voice)

You need to have the files unpacked(don't remember if they already were or not).
And just replace the files.

EDIT: Found another bug. Crash in one or more events when invalid characters inside the textbox.
I've made the game ignore those when them happen. The case I found was using \v[64] to invoke an rpgmaker command but for some reason the character '\' was encoded wrong(the same appearence as an '\' but not actually the same as an an ASCII '\') and getting a crash.
Instead of trying to find all the scenes they made this mistake I've made it so it'll ignore them and just print as text. So if you see some " V [XX] " in the middle of the text... thats where the game would've crashed.
Where to put your file i tried everywhere and still game crashes

*dead place this place* :(

Last edited:

Cintadada

Aug 18, 2019
There is an error on the message type when the boss uses a certain skill in the game. I've made a fix for it a few posts above.
https://f95zone.to/threads/killing-time-oneone1.5172/post-5043222

I remember there was a bug in a few dialogue boxes where the translators left a wierd encoded character that breaks the games instead of rpgmaker's color code.
I've made a fix that simply ignores those so the game doesn't break.

I think your bug might be that.

https://f95zone.to/threads/killing-time-oneone1.5172/post-5043222
where i should put this file?

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
How do you get past the guards for the Corrupt jeweler mission? No matter which way I go or how fast I run they always always catch me seems like they're moving way too fast.
Same problem, they are way faster than me...

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Ahem, finished making a for practically all the bugs as well as a for those who struggle to do it manually. It's still mtl, but at least it's bug free mtl. Still takes ages to start up the game. An additional fix for some text running off screen is also available now.
If anyone ever decides to properly translate it I've included the source files, as well as the official guide for Tes scripting.
The games code has been cleaned up to be in line with the jap version. Note about sound: For people that might prefer voices to not immediately cut off when advancing dialogue as is the default behaviour, you can change it via the sound scripts I included in the source (these are from fan patches earlier on this thread and can be opened in notepad etc.).
To use the installer unpack the zip and place the .exe into the game directory, like for isntance C:\Games\Killing Time\Killing Time Fan Patch.exe
As for applying the patch manually for the technologically un-inclined, after you get for rpgmaker games follow the steps:
patch guide.png
Same problem, they are way faster than me...
For those somehow struggling with the game play:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The game guide included with the Japanese version.

*A note about some of the other patches on this thread:
Quick list of things FIXED (Includes fixes for both ENG and CHS):
- All dialogue crashes (proper symbols restored like star symbols and similar noncense, missing escape characters etc)
- Mission text appearing cut off, tabbed out to the side, untranslated mission results (success/failure)
- Some instances of choices being inverted in the translation (yes/no, in/out)
- Battle crashes, skills not appearing, skills appearing in Japanese names in logs, missing skill icons, missing statuses.
- Sword and Armor appearing in Japanese (if using old save files you have to advance enough in the story for them to translate)
- Some locations in the save files appearing in Japanese
- Some chests still displaying Japanese words when opened
- Some enemies having the wrong names (Some are too damn funny)
- Capitalization mistakes in some obvious places
- Almost all untranslated text (like door signs that were still in Japanese etc. and yes it's mtl)
- Text on the profile screens being out of place, out of bounds, overlapping etc.

Showcase of just some of the stuff fixed:
Dialogue Crashes:
Battle crashes:
Battle Logs:
Enemy names... who knew the potions would come back to fight me one day LOL:
Untranslated Armor and Sword:
Mission text getting cutoff or tabbed into infinity:
Save location names in Japanese:
Profile screen cluttering:
Bonus round, can ya guess how many special symbols and escape characters were missing in crucial places and how many of them would or would not crash the game hint* as many as any other game touched by the blighted hands of sakura game translations?

Last edited:

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Ahem, finished making a for practically all the bugs. It's still mtl, but at least it's bug free mtl.
If anyone ever decides to properly translate it I've included the source files, as well as the official guide for Tes scripting.
The games code has been cleaned up to be in line with the jap version. Note about sound: For people that might prefer voices to not immediately cut off when advancing dialogue as is the default behaviour, you can change it via the sound scripts I included in the source (these are from fan patches earlier on this thread and can be opened in notepad etc.).
As for applying the patch for the technologically un-inclined, after you get for rpgmaker games follow the steps:
View attachment 1579917

- All dialogue crashes (proper symbols restored like star symbols and similar noncense, missing escape characters etc)
- Mission text appearing cut off, tabbed out to the side, untranslated mission results (success/failure)
- Battle crashes, skills not appearing, skills appearing in Japanese names in logs, missing skill icons, missing statuses.
- Sword and Armor appearing in Japanese (if using old save files you have to advance enough in the story for them to translate)
- Almost all untranslated text (like door signs that were still in Japanese etc. and yes it's mtl)
- Text on the profile screens being out of place, out of bounds, overlapping etc.

Dialogue Crashes:
Battle crashes:
Battle Logs:
Bonus round, can ya guess how many special symbols and escape characters were missing in crucial places and how many of them would or would not crash the game hint* as many as any other game touched by the blighted hands of sakura game translations?
Finally a fix for the bugs i can't play this game properly because of these bugs kept appearing in-game xD Now it only needs a translator

Forgot to ask but what's the bug fix source for? and also same question for the Document

Last edited:

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Finally a fix for the bugs i can't play this game properly because of these bugs kept appearing in-game xD Now it only needs a translator

Forgot to ask but what's the bug fix source for? and also same question for the Document

I swear, I thought I explained it, are we even seeing the same post, is this a parallel universe, did the site maintenance when I posted this screw something up, no?

Short answer: Can't ya read foo'! *No offense intended to people using *shudders* "light mode".

Medium sized answer: "Tes" external scripting and encryption is used in the game, so you can't edit all of it's files without the juicy "sauce". The "document" extends life. The "document" expands consciousness. The "document" is vital to "Tes" travel....It literally explains the sauce, the meaning of life and the universe, and yes it's 42, are you happy now?

Long answer: Judging from the amount of confusion surrounding it, no one bothered to do the ever so difficult task of just visiting the creators website and, get this...READING how it works. I know, how boring. Fast forward almost a decade and now their site is down, who knows if it'll come back up again and I in my infinite mercy granted the mortal world a copy of the "document", hold your applause, I ain't gonna read you a bedtime story from it, you're gonna have to learn to read Japanese and do it yourself (or auto translate, I ain't judging). I mean who would have ever thought to read the description in this mysterious thing that has baffled pirates, modders and translators for so long:
Best part is, anytime anybody mentions it everyone assumes you are talking about tes_patcher, translator++ or who knows what other hacky, buggy mess of an excuse for translation/auto translation software. Almost no one who says they know what Tes is have actually worked with Tes.
And all it would take is trusty old "notepad.exe" and some patience.
That is exactly why I included all this stuff, so if a willing translator shows up they don't plunge headfirst into doing it the "wrong" way and then give up when they can't make heads or tails of what's wrong with their approach. The way that every secondhand tutorial out there suggests....and every one of them is wrong....

*I also put the optional sound scripts in there, along with examples of fixed scripts, differences in scripts between JAP and ENG/CHS versions and some picture examples of what has been fixed.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020

I swear, I thought I explained it, are we even seeing the same post, is this a parallel universe, did the site maintenance when I posted this screw something up, no?

Short answer: Can't ya read foo'! *No offense intended to people using *shudders* "light mode".

Medium sized answer: "Tes" external scripting and encryption is used in the game, so you can't edit all of it's files without the juicy "sauce". The "document" extends life. The "document" expands consciousness. The "document" is vital to "Tes" travel....It literally explains the sauce, the meaning of life and the universe, and yes it's 42, are you happy now?

Long answer: Judging from the amount of confusion surrounding it, no one bothered to do the ever so difficult task of just visiting the creators website and, get this...READING how it works. I know, how boring. Fast forward almost a decade and now their site is down, who knows if it'll come back up again and I in my infinite mercy granted the mortal world a copy of the "document", hold your applause, I ain't gonna read you a bedtime story from it, you're gonna have to learn to read Japanese and do it yourself (or auto translate, I ain't judging). I mean who would have ever thought to read the description in this mysterious thing that has baffled pirates, modders and translators for so long:
Best part is, anytime anybody mentions it everyone assumes you are talking about tes_patcher, translator++ or who knows what other hacky, buggy mess of an excuse for translation/auto translation software. Almost no one who says they know what Tes is have actually worked with Tes.
And all it would take is trusty old "notepad.exe" and some patience.
That is exactly why I included all this stuff, so if a willing translator shows up they don't plunge headfirst into doing it the "wrong" way and then give up when they can't make heads or tails of what's wrong with their approach. The way that every secondhand tutorial out there suggests....and every one of them is wrong....

*I also put the optional sound scripts in there, along with examples of fixed scripts, differences in scripts between JAP and ENG/CHS versions and some picture examples of what has been fixed.
So inshort I just gotta use the bugfix patch then? Sorry about this then I'm not a technical guy xD I'm just a regular person xD

Last edited:

Epitaph

Jun 7, 2017
So inshort I just gotta use the bugfix patch then? Sorry about this then I'm not a technical guy xD I'm just a regular person xD
Yes you only need the Patch.. Source is like the Raw data.. its for Developers or when you want to edit something yourself.

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
Does anyone have the uncensor patch for the steam version?

Edit: Nevermind found it.

This is a Google Drive shared folder with Patches for (all?) H-games on Steam, I don't know the upload I just stumbled upon the link, just scroll down and seek a developer, the drive search function didn't help me, I had to scroll down until it loaded the oneone1 folder.

Ahem, finished making a for practically all the bugs. It's still mtl, but at least it's bug free mtl. Still takes ages to start up the game.
As for applying the patch for the technologically un-inclined, after you get for rpgmaker games follow the steps:
View attachment 1579917

Dialogue Crashes:
Battle crashes:
Battle Logs:

You sir, are a legend.

Last edited:

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Does anyone have the uncensor patch for the steam version?

Edit: Nevermind found it.

This is a Google Drive shared folder with Patches for (all?) H-games on Steam, I don't know the upload I just stumbled upon the link, just scroll down and seek a developer, the drive search function didn't help me, I had to scroll down until it loaded the oneone1 folder.

You sir, are a legend.
Thank you :) but don't call me sir...
Call me SIR YES SIR! Nod once if you understand private or you'll be scrubbing toilets until Vietnam 2.0 happens!
Anyhow that link doesn't seem to work, even with the (dot) replaced by an actual . it still can't find anything, can you double check it?

Reactions: Erxkum
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes