VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm going to say my final words on this, put this thread on ignore and be done with it. The game was good while it lasted. Shit happens and games fall away. That's where we are now with this. It has fallen to the wayside.

Anyway, I'm all for busting devs upside the melon, when they deserve it. Seems to me this dev has done everything to NOT milk people, except shutting everything down. Which is fine. Maybe one day the dev will be back, we don't know. The dev doesn't know. But, continuing to beat a dead horse for dying isn't going to prove anything. It's still dead.

I wish the dev well.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Something to bear in mind. This dev doesn't accept patreon or any money for this game. They have always given it out for free and has stated many times this is a hobby game they work on when they have the time and energy to do so.

I get being frustrated with devs who are on a release cycle missing deadlines but this one has been very upfront about this just being something on the side when they feel like it.
While that's fine, I think it's fair to be skeptical, especially since they delivered this message through a patron-only post.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Its just kinda a sad situation. Its a new world out there, Red lotus flower, ...and this game. There are not a lot of adult games with zombie apocalypse survival setting around yet many of them are really good games...and they all share the same fate of being abandoned :LOL:.

Reactions: darlic

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Its just kinda a sad situation. Its a new world out there, Red lotus flower, ...and this game. There are not a lot of adult games with zombie apocalypse survival setting around yet many of them are really good games...and they all share the same fate of being abandoned :LOL:.
Did you ever hear about the breeding games curse? It's the same thing, i have never seen one breeding game being finish yet, yes, there is some in development, but completed is another story. The zombie survival games, there is some that i have seen completed, one that i remember is really good, but most of them are really simple or on rpg maker.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did you ever hear about the breeding games curse? It's the same thing, i have never seen one breeding game being finish yet, yes, there is some in development, but completed is another story. The zombie survival games, there is some that i have seen completed, one that i remember is really good, but most of them are really simple or on rpg maker.
Not exactly. 'Now & Then' completed.
I'm sure it will decently soon — within the next year or so I think — be followed by The Shrink. That game has zombies as a major part of the plot, although they aren't ever-present. Its developer has an excellent record with consistency, and I have complete confidence that it will be completed. It is currently in progress, but it's pretty far along now.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm sure it will decently soon — within the next year or so I think — be followed by The Shrink. That game has zombies as a major part of the plot, although they aren't ever-present. Its developer has an excellent record with consistency, and I have complete confidence that it will be completed. It is currently in progress, but it's pretty far along now.
Hmm, not sure if your response was for me or the other dude. But, Now and Then did complete. I gave up on it after the whole bs of the crew acting like total assholes when they took over the mansion.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hmm, not sure if your response was for me or the other dude. But, Now and Then did complete. I gave up on it after the whole bs of the crew acting like total assholes when they took over the mansion.
I was only referring to another VN, The Shrink, which is not yet completed but I'm positive will be. I know you were talking about Now & Then; I was just offering another for Alex' consideration.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
i mean Holstein Girls, is like Lab Rat 1...with physical changes in the characters

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
i mean Holstein Girls, is like Lab Rat 1...with physical changes in the characters
Yep, but the focus is not really a "breeding" game, the game have some transformations (bigger boobs, etc) but breeding from what i remember is not the focus.

Greener Pastures is a breeding game that just finished up. It's not great, but it's complete. ;)
I played that game some time ago, from what i remember is more a vn with the monster girls being hunted and our farm being the safe place for them than a breeding game.

I was only referring to another VN, The Shrink, which is not yet completed but I'm positive will be. I know you were talking about Now & Then; I was just offering another for Alex' consideration.
The shrink is a good game, crazy story, but i'm not a fan of "choosing one girl to be the main girl" and also some of the choices seem a little odd for me, look like the dev have changed the way that he think and wish to develop the game but he never changed the old stuff to match.

EllieFA

Aug 1, 2021
Why would there be blackmail? No reason for it. Not that there's a reason for it in other games either. But, this isn't that type of game. Or should I say it wasn't that type of game, now that it's abandoned.
or these kinda choices? "get in bed or stay out with the zombies" ??

• Haha
Reactions: darlic
4.60 star(s) 88 Votes