VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

Canes

May 27, 2018
So main character is pretty pussified, huh? So much so in fact that I think we need a "female domination" tag added.
But the game is excellent though. It's amazing how some excellent writing can spark the imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: inkalicious

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
So main character is pretty pussified, huh? So much so in fact that I think we need a "female domination" tag added.
But the game is excellent though. It's amazing how some excellent writing can spark the imagination.
It really doesn't merit a femdom tag any more than it deserves a maledom tag for that throat fucking of the new girl.
Tags are fine apart from maybe milf as she looks about college age (not complaining tho)

Canes

May 27, 2018
It really doesn't merit a femdom tag any more than it deserves a maledom tag for that throat fucking of the new girl.
Tags are fine apart from maybe milf as she looks about college age (not complaining tho)
I agree. I'd be totally fine if no mention of relationship is mentioned at all throughout the course of the game. Instead, let our imagination fill the gap. So far I got a nice sister vs older sister vibe going on and it works for me, that MILF tag is ...meh.

Reactions: McWoodz

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I agree. I'd be totally fine if no mention of relationship is mentioned at all throughout the course of the game. Instead, let our imagination fill the gap. So far I got a nice sister vs older sister vibe going on and it works for me, that MILF tag is ...meh.
I also agree that this isn't femdom. It's just that the women aren't falling over themselves to fall onto his cock.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One thing about the MC is that he's an opportunist, so that'll lead to ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

I've covered the age thing before (early lack of HS skills and mods) and I didn't add most of the tags, but I did rework Megan to be older. However I just couldn't bring myself to 'overwrite' the current Megan.
I've also discovered that certain lighting often washes out the finer features of faces. It's amazing the differences and I'm still learning about that.

As for relationships, don't use the patch! I've written it so that you can have your own thoughts on their relationship. And then this depraved mystery unknown twisted individual goes and makes them... Oh God. Why? WHY?!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Many people do that kind of update. While some of them may be honest, they are mostly not. However, some form of way to actually see progress would be a very nice thing. Updates don't necessarily have to show a teaser or be dumbed down to "yeah, I'm working".
For some reason many people avoid talking about the number of scenes they planned for next update and how much is done. As you have said, you have the story of Redburns mostly on paper/planned. And I would assume that you also know the next several "scenes" you'd make and have a vague idea as to where you will end next update. I do believe that just talking about the length and number of scenes and what part is done about them could be something you could update people on if you wanted to. It doesn't give people any solid leads on the plot, but it is still some food for speculation, which keeps interest alive.
It may seem like I'm calling you out "y u no do dis?" or something, but that's not the intention, so please, keep that in mind. Sadly, I'm quite bad at saying what I want in the way I intend it.
I think the reason people avoid giving that detail is to avoid giving false hope or a stick that'll be used to beat them with.

We've seen before that a project will reach XX%, then hover for a short while before the comments of 'So, still XX% then...' begin. I think progress status are great if it's a full-time job, preferably with a stable team, and properly project managed.

My situation is far different and an XX% pause could be caused by branching paths that need animated with new environments and props to build, or that I had to work, or just go and get drunk with friends for a weekend.

I'll just try harder to show life on Patreon (I think here is taking care of itself).

Reactions: McWoodz

Canes

May 27, 2018
I also agree that this isn't femdom. It's just that the women aren't falling over themselves to fall onto his cock.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One thing about the MC is that he's an opportunist, so that'll lead to ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

I've covered the age thing before (early lack of HS skills and mods) and I didn't add most of the tags, but I did rework Megan to be older. However I just couldn't bring myself to 'overwrite' the current Megan.
I've also discovered that certain lighting often washes out the finer features of faces. It's amazing the differences and I'm still learning about that.

As for relationships, don't use the patch! I've written it so that you can have your own thoughts on their relationship. And then this depraved mystery unknown twisted individual goes and makes them... Oh God. Why? WHY?!
Please don't change Megan, I like her the way she is now.
I'm really curious to see where the free-use thing goes though, it should be fun, and oh so many possibilities.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I am waiting for someone to do fifth, I want to play the sechs (pronounced zex) card.

Reactions: inkalicious

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Quelle surprise
Sam's face says it all. It's the end of the month and no release. No-one's surprised.
But, BUT! Progress is ongoing and I'm enjoying myself. Isn't that what it's all about?
And I don't mean pleasuring oneself. That's another post.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Why not just set the payment setting to Per Major Update? You're no slower than Luxee, inkalicious, and he's been doing the 3-5 month update thing for years now and while people not paying for the game grumble, his patrons have been cool about it, as I'm sure yours would be.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Why not just set the payment setting to Per Major Update? You're no slower than Luxee, inkalicious, and he's been doing the 3-5 month update thing for years now and while people not paying for the game grumble, his patrons have been cool about it, as I'm sure yours would be.
He said its a tip jar, aka the game is a way for him to have pleasant interactions with people online rather than a business.
If he's busy irl pausing the patreon makes sense as it makes it clear he has no responsibilities to deliver anything to anyone which can reduce the amount of negative feedback.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
He said its a tip jar, aka the game is a way for him to have pleasant interactions with people online rather than a business.
If he's busy irl pausing the patreon makes sense as it makes it clear he has no responsibilities to deliver anything to anyone which can reduce the amount of negative feedback.
Except his Patreon is already set to "per creation" and has been since ages ago. I don't see the point of stopping taking payments honestly. It would make sense if Ink was running with a monthly payment method. Or maybe it's just me being dumb. Who knows. :rolleyes:

Reactions: darlic

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
He's fearing that a bigger patron base would put him under Patreon's lens. So he rather get less support (per creation) instead of dealing with censorship.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Except his Patreon is already set to "per creation" and has been since ages ago. I don't see the point of stopping taking payments honestly. It would make sense if Ink was running with a monthly payment method. Or maybe it's just me being dumb. Who knows. :rolleyes:
I'll dive straight in here.

I've always run the Patreon as a tip jar, so pay what you want for each Chapter released. I felt that was fair, as I knew that I might not make monthly releases.
Unfortunately I started producing the VN in a very different situation than I'm in now, so monthly releases are laughable now.

I'm not sure that this story would have been more popular or successful if there were more regular releases, but it would've been very very nice if it had been. Patreon promised me a swimming pool filled with gold doubloons! They said "of course an apocalyptic VN with only two female leads surrounded by zombies that don't have sex with them will be successful! Build it and they will cum!"

Anyway, I could've continued as is, as my patrons have been amazingly patient. It was a rarity if anyone negatively pressed me on a release date. If they ever actually did.
And of course the 'per creation' gave me some cover, but it didn't stop me feeling that I was making people wait.

In the end I decided it was better to be honest that the project wasn't able to meet reasonable and regular deadlines for supporters. And that was my thinking, not anything I ever heard from the actual patrons.
As for my patrons. They've been offered a chance to stay and I'll honour stuff that I promised (and look forward to delivering).

So Patreon is no longer accepting patrons or funds, but I'll continue with The Redburns and see how things work out in the future.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes