VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Just played the Chapter 5 routes. Ink got my hopes up about a just mommy and me route each time I accepted that it won't happen. And it didn't happen this time either yet.
All that said, good work so far. I'm looking forward to what happens next.
Now that this is out of the way though, the transition from the "more emotional beginning" was good up until the timeskip. I believe that it could've use a bit more drama before we get where we got. I was extremely confused until the roof scene, where MC explained all that happened during the timeskip (which in complete honesty felt extremely cheap as a solution). Besides this I have no complaints and I'm looking forward to what's to come.
I was worried whether the time-jump would be obvious, but I didn't want to sign-post it with 'X time later' (especially as I'll leave it to the user to assume how much time has past in their timeline).
I still think it's an elegant solution, as I wanted to quickly show the eventual result of the last chapter's end. To abruptly jump from the "more emotional beginning" to the everyday reality of your decision.

And your dream of a more 'focused' relationship is nearing...
But not yet.
Maybe.

Reactions: Born2game and QBaSS
Apr 19, 2018
I'm going to take a guess on what's happening, so forgive any 'teaching your grandma how to suck eggs'.

If you're double clicking on the app shortcut, then you'll get a pop-up warning about how it's unsafe and "Nuh-uh, we're not letting you open it, because even though you made us one the richest companies on the planet, we just don't think you're mature enough to make those decisions."

So, instead right-click the app icon and choose 'open'.
You still get the wagging finger pop-up warning, but there will now be an option to proceed.

Total guess.
It just says this, I know about the app verification thing inside of security and privacy but it just won't let me open it in general. I tried swapping the files with the pc version too so I'm not sure. Thanks for the help though
1604520035549.png

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I was worried whether the time-jump would be obvious, but I didn't want to sign-post it with 'X time later' (especially as I'll leave it to the user to assume how much time has past in their timeline).
I still think it's an elegant solution, as I wanted to quickly show the eventual result of the last chapter's end. To abruptly jump from the "more emotional beginning" to the everyday reality of your decision.

And your dream of a more 'focused' relationship is nearing...
But not yet.
Maybe.
The kind of "black and white" ("black" before, "white" after) situation before and after the jump makes it obvious. While the jump itself is not an issue, the random infodump from MC is a very crude was to explain things. Well, that's just my opinion. Was there a better alternative? I have no idea.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
View attachment 884950

And Chapter 5 is finally, finally here.
To those that remain, thank you for your infinite patience in hanging around for this.

You'll find some new goodies in the OP and they are...
  • Standard Edition game, featuring your favorite group of miscreants
  • Family Edition game, featuring your favorite family of miscreants (goodbye patch requirements)
  • Walkthrough
Enjoy.
Really glad to see you're ok and still finding time to work on this awesome game (y)

Reactions: inkalicious

manXone

Oct 22, 2019
I'm going to take a guess on what's happening, so forgive any 'teaching your grandma how to suck eggs'.

If you're double clicking on the app shortcut, then you'll get a pop-up warning about how it's unsafe and "Nuh-uh, we're not letting you open it, because even though you made us one the richest companies on the planet, we just don't think you're mature enough to make those decisions."

So, instead right-click the app icon and choose 'open'.
You still get the wagging finger pop-up warning, but there will now be an option to proceed.

Total guess.
two questions please...
1)will you introduce footjob scenes in episode 6?
2) Will you introduce new death scenes? ( like for wrong choise)

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes