VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
I see that link begging is so bad on this website people are begging for things that aren’t even done yet…

BlackFoxEv

Jun 4, 2020
Be patient.
Who told you that I am not a patient? Am I threatening the developer or something like that?

He has all my fidelity to his work, and I have said it a thousand times, i will wait that it takes whatever it takes. All I have done is let you know that I am still here, loving your job.

You take everything too seriously.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Who told you that I am not a patient? Am I threatening the developer or something like that?

He has all my fidelity to his work, and I have said it a thousand times, i will wait that it takes whatever it takes. All I have done is let you know that I am still here, loving your job.

You take everything too seriously.
You're needlessly bumping the thread saying that you're still waiting with a dumb image you thought was funny. I don't think you're particularly rude or threatening so I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm accusing you of that from, but you have to understand it's frustrating.

All I did was point it out. Nothing more nothing less. Do whatever you want with that info, but I'm gonna put you on the ignore list from now on since I don't feel like you contribute anything of worth to the thread, evidently.

Have a nice day.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Apologies for not being around recently but, you'll be sorry to hear, work has taken-up most of my time. I'm now working on a large (paying) project that's also taking-up some nights and weekends. After the last few years of uncertainty I obviously need to make hay while the sun shines.

However Redburns production is going well. Slow, but well.
It's taking longer than normal as Chapter 6 jumps around different locations and has a much larger character count (my machine hates more than 8 characters in any single scene).
I'm considering switching to smaller episodic releases, but I'd have to balance that with feedback like "We waited this long for THIS!"

On that. I understand it's been a looooong time since the last release and most of the feedback is well intentioned, but humour depends on context. Bumping a thread with a regular 'still waiting' post gets old fast, especially for those who have alerts set-up, and it's been a page and a bit of that.

Take this how you like, but if the posts continue as they are then it makes sense to move the thread to 'On hold'. This will hopefully calm things down and settle the question of its arrival. The downside is that it'll then be a matter of time before a mod marks it abandoned.
Just to be clear 'On hold' and 'Abandoned' only exist within the F95 site. They're completely fair rules, with a lot of flexibility and usually well-researched before acted on, but they don't relate to this game's irl status until I agree they do.

Sorry it isn't better news, but hope you're all enjoying the other wonderful games on the site.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Apologies for not being around recently but, you'll be sorry to hear, work has taken-up most of my time. I'm now working on a large (paying) project that's also taking-up some nights and weekends. After the last few years of uncertainty I obviously need to make hay while the sun shines.

It's taking longer than normal as Chapter 6 jumps around different locations and has a much larger character count (my machine hates more than 8 characters in any single scene).
I'm considering switching to smaller episodic releases, but I'd have to balance that with feedback like "We waited this long for THIS!"

On that. I understand it's been a looooong time since the last release and most of the feedback is well intentioned, but humour depends on context. Bumping a thread with a regular 'still waiting' post gets old fast, especially for those who have alerts set-up, and it's been a page and a bit of that.

Take this how you like, but if the posts continue as they are then it makes sense to move the thread to 'On hold'. This will hopefully calm things down and settle the question of its arrival. The downside is that it'll then be a matter of time before a mod marks it abandoned.
Just to be clear 'On hold' and 'Abandoned' only exist within the F95 site. They're completely fair rules, with a lot of flexibility and usually well-researched before acted on, but they don't relate to this game's irl status until I agree they do.

Sorry it isn't better news, but hope you're all enjoying the other wonderful games on the site.
as someone who wants to create and also has multiple paying gigs .. dude do what you gotz to do.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Many of us actually understand that real life still goes on, and that many developers such as yourself can't dedicate nearly as much time as they might like to their projects. I don't think anyone can fairly ask of you more than whatever you're able to do. I know you're still working on this, and I also understand never seeming to have enough time for things you have to do, let alone for things you want to do. I'm sure you do, but know that a lot of us are actually patient and are willing to greet a new release (even if it's 5 years down the road) happily, rather than thinking everyone else's lives and schedules should fit our moods. Thanks for making the effort to reach out here; I hope things go well for you, and I look forward to seeing Chapter 6 whenever you get it completed.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Might be a good idea not to render all 8 characters if they are not all in the shot. And also actively avoiding doing that. An example would be if a group is sneaking up on another, then you can do two separate shots. One showing the group sneaking around and another where you see the group being sneaked up on plus one guy from the group sneaking. Context makes you think that everyone is in the scene. Or using photoshop magic, you could also cut together multiple shots from the same environment.
Though I would assume you already thought about this. Though I have no idea what is the fastest way myself.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018

At this point, I have to say with the time it takes between the updates and the uncertainty of what your version of the harem will be I don't even bother to download and play the game anymore until it is finished.

For your large paying gig I don't know what it is but I'm sure you would have a decent amount of supportets on Patreon/Subscribestar if you would use it.

Reactions: Tsopanis and Demnor

BlackFoxEv

Jun 4, 2020
i hope the google translation is good enough for you to understand me:

1) Although I always joke with "we keep waiting", we will wait for you whatever it takes: If you have to work, work. If you have to study, study. And if you have to take a vacation or do other things, do them. But that "we are waiting for you" is with all the patience in the world.

2) It is always good news if you are still alive, breathing and wanting to work. It does not matter if, for example, one year is missing for chapter 6. The important thing is that you are well.

3) This is good news, also that you continue working (at your own pace) on your project. Thank you for your perseverance, you are very great!

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017

When's the update though :Kappa:

danomator

Jan 21, 2020

i mean i can only talk for myself but i rather see very slow updates than one day the abandoned tag. i enjoyed the game too much for that. i don't care if we get substantial updates 1-2 times a year or smaller more frequent ones as long as their are updates. keep up the good work on the game and good luck with your project.

HydratedMan

Oct 16, 2017

Love your game bro, I'm hoping for the best for you and the game, take your time, don't worry much, we are here.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes