VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
You can do that in Ren'Py. Read up on . It stands for "Novel mode," as opposed to ADV-Mode (Adventure mode), which is the mode you're using currently. NVL-Mode is designed to accommodate multi-line text with the occasional image, as you describe.
Saya no Uta is also done in NVL-mode. And I think that it's using it masterfully. And I believe maybe Fate/Stay Night is another such example? Because NVL is more text heavy it requires a different kind of writing. It requires more description on surrounding, because there is less focus on the visuals. If someone can write with that in mind, but lacks the ability to spam out images, it might be a better choice.
It also makes the reader have to imagine things more, just like a regular novel, which makes people interpret and see things differently. It's definitely something to look into. I'm sure others have some other examples of NVL done right. I would suggest looking at those.
Aaaaaahhh... I'd seen something about that when I first started using Renpy. Cheers guys, I'll give it a look.

lolindir95

May 18, 2020
Hii is there new information about episode 6 of this game or how long we have to wait I love this game it’s the best game please dev stay safe and healthy we all love you ❤
I really can't say. I wish I could.

Here's an example from last week...
I estimated I'd have around 10-12 hours free to work on the game. Visuals only. But when it came time I found out that the scene I had set-up (and already exported a lot of images from) was broken. So I had to rebuild it and produce replacement images.
It's par for the course and I regularly have to work around scene, lighting or assets bugs in HS. It's not that stable.

Anyway, out of the time I was working, I reckon I spent maybe 2 hours on new content. Which just meant creating a new environment and lighting, preparing and placing the characters and their props and setting-up camera angles. No images exported.

It's a total b*stard sometimes.

camoway

May 15, 2017
Just fyi, I 2anted you too know. I always recommend your game whenever anyone talks about adult gaming! Much love bro! Can you give yourself a high five for me. Aka clap but its a high five. See that's how claping was invented one day in 1200 bc some guy had to give a long range high 5.

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
I estimated I'd have around 10-12 hours free to work on the game. Visuals only. But when it came time I found out that the scene I had set-up (and already exported a lot of images from) was broken. So I had to rebuild it and produce replacement images.
I hate it when things like that happens. But I always try to create a new folder in it's place. A place where you can keep extra just in case something happens. Like DropBox or something private, those are good too. For saving spaces on your computer, anyhow. Always best to have them as compressed folders for Dropbox, though.

Keep up the good work! I enjoy reading your stuff.

Reactions: Horagen81

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
How much content is in this? How many hours of game play? And how far progressed is it incest-wise?
IDK how many hours. Played it update to update and over ... idk a year or two. But it's plenty of game to be worth a download. And as far as incest wise, it's not a harem yet, but very much getting there. You fuck both behind each-other's back. Almost in plain view a couple of times. Pretty great imho. And the latest update, while a bit old at this point, is also kinda great and comes with a threesome, I believe.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes