VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Now that I read the last few posts I seem to recall not being a fan of the MC at the start for similar reasons. I will say it gets better and by then I was pretty okay with him. I think he "grows" a lot during the story and by the end of current stuff he'd either changed a lot or I'd gotten used it him that it didn't bug me.

It is worth sticking with. Looking forward to the next update.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
would even be an issue in a real apocalypse situation
Are you seriously talking about the real zombie apocalypse, or are you kidding? If you are suddenly, by accident, serious, then I have very good news for you: zombies do not exist at all. Therefore, no zombie apocalypse can occur in principle, and as a result, no one in the world can have the slightest idea of what exactly might happen in a real zombie apocalypse. How can you reason about the properties of that which does not exist and cannot exist?

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Are you seriously talking about the real zombie apocalypse, or are you kidding? If you are suddenly, by accident, serious, then I have very good news for you: zombies do not exist at all. Therefore, no zombie apocalypse can occur in principle, and as a result, no one in the world can have the slightest idea of what exactly might happen in a real zombie apocalypse. How can you reason about the properties of that which does not exist and cannot exist?
It actually can exist. A "zombie" state has been seen in smaller creatures even a decade ago. It is extremely unlikely to happen with humans regardless if it's through a parasite or something else. It naturally occuring that is. And even if it does happen it will most likely get contained. Just because the probability of something happening is very low, doesn't mean it can't happen. As such it should never be completely disregarded.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
It actually can exist. A "zombie" state has been seen in smaller creatures even a decade ago. It is extremely unlikely to happen with humans regardless if it's through a parasite or something else. It naturally occuring that is. And even if it does happen it will most likely get contained. Just because the probability of something happening is very low, doesn't mean it can't happen. As such it should never be completely disregarded.
I didn't write anything about "ignoring probabilities" I wrote about the fact that until something happened, you cannot build any conclusions

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
You can add those side stories as extras to the game. Just text and some background pics could be fine.
I'm not sure an occasional image would work with Renpy?
I tried trialing a VN with Twine (as users usually except more text than images within that environment), it wasn't great, but I didn't spend too much time on it, but that may be an option.

Reactions: burrito107

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ok, ill check it out and see how big the difference is between the 2 versions. I figured it was the same thing just with enabled incest.
To be honest I wouldn't put yourself through the time & effort of playing the two versions. In fact I'd advise that you give this a miss.

The family version might help slightly, as most players think that the reaction of the girls makes more sense if they're blood related, but from your few posts it's unlikely to change your viewpoint.

It's been mentioned by others that's the MC is weak and/or a creep, but that's the point. The story is also about his change (for better or worse, depending on how you'd like to play).
However you've also misunderstood the characters and story in a significant way. They do want to keep him within the group, they just want him to stop being a creep. That's why Megan's makes her decision to act. While Sam's hypocrisy becomes clear early on.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I didn't write anything about "ignoring probabilities" I wrote about the fact that until something happened, you cannot build any conclusions
I never said you said it. You just did, but using words like "never". is probably the best and most well-known example. Something similar emergerging for human while unlikely is still a possibility. However, the expressions you used were very conclusive in nature.

Here, I highlighted them for you.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
I never said you said it. You just did, but using words like "never". is probably the best and most well-known example. Something similar emergerging for human while unlikely is still a possibility. However, the expressions you used were very conclusive in nature.

Here, I highlighted them for you.
zombies do not exist at all.
-Human zombies (not insects or whatever)
Therefore, no zombie apocalypse can occur in principle.
-Yes, I insist on it

• Angry
Reactions: Nubatron

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
yeesh, stoners don't even count as human to this guy. and here i thought i was critical of pot heads! :HideThePain: :p
In the conventional sense, zombies are people who died and then were resurrected.
Alcoholics, drug addicts, and other people prone to self-destruction are called zombies only in a figurative sense.
So sorry, you're not talking about the topic

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I tried trialing a VN with Twine (as users usually except more text than images within that environment), it wasn't great, but I didn't spend too much time on it, but that may be an option.
I mean you can make something like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlackFoxEv

Jun 4, 2020
I want to make it clear from the beginning that I am not asking this question with the intention of putting pressure on the developer or rushing him, it is simple curiosity:

Knowing that the developer will have work, studies, occupations and responsibilities. Currently how long could it take to finish the next update of this game?

A big hug and a lot of encouragement.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I want to make it clear from the beginning that I am not asking this question with the intention of putting pressure on the developer or rushing him, it is simple curiosity:

Knowing that the developer will have work, studies, occupations and responsibilities. Currently how long could it take to finish the next update of this game?

Depends on a lot of things. Just wait patiently. There is no date given for a reason. Just forget about it then be pleasantly surprised when the update drops.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ink do you think like that too:sneaky:? Your way of thinking is very important for me, so please be honest :giggle:
I honestly think they both work equally well, they need to, but for me the interest is in the family version.

I write it as a 'group' first, as the family elements are much easier to add or expand upon, however both versions have the same core relationships. It's just that the family one is obviously more taboo. But the whole premise is how the characters react in a world where survival and death are ever present and you only have each other.

In the next chapter there is an opportunity to discuss your relationships, so you get some insight into what the girls were thinking.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
You can do that in Ren'Py. Read up on . It stands for "Novel mode," as opposed to ADV-Mode (Adventure mode), which is the mode you're using currently. NVL-Mode is designed to accommodate multi-line text with the occasional image, as you describe.

• Red Heart
Reactions: inkalicious

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Saya no Uta is also done in NVL-mode. And I think that it's using it masterfully. And I believe maybe Fate/Stay Night is another such example? Because NVL is more text heavy it requires a different kind of writing. It requires more description on surrounding, because there is less focus on the visuals. If someone can write with that in mind, but lacks the ability to spam out images, it might be a better choice.
It also makes the reader have to imagine things more, just like a regular novel, which makes people interpret and see things differently. It's definitely something to look into. I'm sure others have some other examples of NVL done right. I would suggest looking at those.

• Love
Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017

I really can't say. I wish I could.

Here's an example from last week...
I estimated I'd have around 10-12 hours free to work on the game. Visuals only. But when it came time I found out that the scene I had set-up (and already exported a lot of images from) was broken. So I had to rebuild it and produce replacement images.
It's par for the course and I regularly have to work around scene, lighting or assets bugs in HS. It's not that stable.

Anyway, out of the time I was working, I reckon I spent maybe 2 hours on new content. Which just meant creating a new environment and lighting, preparing and placing the characters and their props and setting-up camera angles. No images exported.

It's a total b*stard sometimes.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes