Ren'Py King of Court [v0.1.0.0] [Mtermik Studios]

JKnight

Aug 15, 2016
I get the error as well when clicking on the telescope.

Edit: There are no images in the folder it's looking at.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/_scripts/configuration/display.rpy", line 17, in script call
    call construct_interactions(players_bedroom) from _call_construct_interactions_3
  File "game/scripts/construct_interactions.rpy", line 26, in script call
    $ renpy.call(item.selector.get_action(_return[0]).target)
  File "game/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/interactions/look/picture/01/script.rpy", line 8, in script
    with dissolve
Exception: DynamicImage '[background_file_path][background_file_name]': could not find image. ('/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/interactions/look/picture/01/backgrounds//01.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/_scripts/configuration/display.rpy", line 17, in script call
    call construct_interactions(players_bedroom) from _call_construct_interactions_3
  File "game/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/interactions/look/picture/01/script.rpy", line 8, in script
    with dissolve
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1678, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1758, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2978, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 3 more times]
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 686, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 793, in per_interact
    self.find_target()
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 683, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage '[background_file_path][background_file_name]': could not find image. ('/locations/evolton/parents_farm/parents_house/players_bedroom/interactions/look/picture/01/backgrounds//01.png')

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
King of Court 0.1.0.0
Tue Nov 21 06:07:59 2023

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
I get the error as well when clicking on the telescope.

Edit: There are no images in the folder it's looking at.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    with dissolve

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with dissolve
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1678, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1758, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2978, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 3 more times]
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 686, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 793, in per_interact
    self.find_target()
  File "F:\AGames\KingofCourt-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 683, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
King of Court 0.1.0.0
Tue Nov 21 06:07:59 2023
Looks like a double slash was causing the error. Mega and PixelDrain have been updated. MediaFire is finishing updating the Mac version and Transfer.sh is working on getting both up and loaded.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

JKnight

Aug 15, 2016
Looks like a double slash was causing the error. Mega and PixelDrain have been updated. MediaFire is finishing updating the Mac version and Transfer.sh is working on getting both up and loaded.

Thank you for the feedback!
You're welcome. The windows MEGA file didn't work, the one from mediafire did.

Strong suggestion to change version numbers when you update something; it's kind of the point :)

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
You're welcome. The windows MEGA file didn't work, the one from mediafire did.

Strong suggestion to change version numbers when you update something; it's kind of the point :)
I get that, and had it been anything more than a singular fix I likely would have. But seeing as this wasn't really a patch or an update in the technical sense, more a hot fix at best, I decided to forgo the versioning this time around in lieu of making sure what was available was in the best state it could be. Moving forward I will be updating version numbers regardless of the fix.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
mtermik.studios

I can't speak for anyone else, but I found the dialogue box clumsy to use. It's unique, but having to click the little diamond instead of the entire dialogue line is pretty annoying. Just my 2 cents.

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
I found the current tags to be a bit weak. what are the future tags? incest, harem, ntr?
The site requests that the only tags included are ones that are currently implemented so I agree that the tags may feel a bit weak at the moment. As of right now the planned tags list by the end of Episode 1 is as follows:

3DGC, Ahegao, Anal sex, Animated, Bdsm, Bestiality, Big ass, Big tits, Blackmail, Cheating, Corruption, Creampie, Dating sim, Exhibitionism, Female domination, Groping, Group sex, Handjob, Harem, Humiliation, Humor, Interracial, Lesbian, Male domination, Male protagonist, Masturbation, MILF, Oral sex, Point & click, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Puzzle, Rape, Romance, School setting, Sexual Harassment, Strategy, Stripping, Teasing, Torture, Twins, Virgin, Voyeurism

While additional tags may be added, no tags will be removed.

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
mtermik.studios

I can't speak for anyone else, but I found the dialogue box clumsy to use. It's unique, but having to click the little diamond instead of the entire dialogue line is pretty annoying. Just my 2 cents.
During testing we found that more than once people tended to accidently click the text when highlighting and reading it. As rollback is not an option, in order to give choices actual weight and meaning in the game, we made the decision to use the diamond so that the likely hood of an accidental choice which cannot be taken back is much more unlikely.

Allan Wolf

Jun 1, 2021
The site requests that the only tags included are ones that are currently implemented so I agree that the tags may feel a bit weak at the moment. As of right now the planned tags list by the end of Episode 1 is as follows:

3DGC, Ahegao, Anal sex, Animated, Bdsm, Bestiality, Big ass, Big tits, Blackmail, Cheating, Corruption, Creampie, Dating sim, Exhibitionism, Female domination, Groping, Group sex, Handjob, Harem, Humiliation, Humor, Interracial, Lesbian, Male domination, Male protagonist, Masturbation, MILF, Oral sex, Point & click, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Puzzle, Rape, Romance, School setting, Sexual Harassment, Strategy, Stripping, Teasing, Torture, Twins, Virgin, Voyeurism

While additional tags may be added, no tags will be removed.
These tags you mentioned are cool. And unofficial (veiled) incest will not be implemented?

Obs: unofficial incest (veiled, with the possibility of a patch)

Last edited:

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
These tags you mentioned are cool. And unofficial (veiled) incest will not be implemented?
We don't have plans to implement incest in the way that most people define it, which is why it is not part of the currently planned tags. You will be able to force family members into certain situations, such as pimping out your sister, but not to engage in relations with your family members directly, as they are all direct blood relations and that wouldn't fit with the theme of the game. There are other character's such as Hannah who are like parts of your family, having been friends with your sister for so long and being a constant figure at the house, with whom you can engage in relations if you choose. We felt that was sufficient to appease those looking for incest without deviating from the vision we have.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Future tags will include a laundry list of interests and fetishes but anything not part of the game's main story line will be avoidable based on the choices you make. That doesn't mean the choice you make in the moment though. Somethings may be dependent on choices you made some time ago.

As for the sandbox, I am not a fan of grind. I know others are big on it, but it has always detracted from my enjoyment of a game, so my plan is to make the game in such a way that there is no grind. Side quests, exploration and discovery, but aside from playing Court, which is a core tenant of the game, I am going to try and avoid repetitive tasks at all costs.
The vague answer you give will scare more people away from your game then will attract them.
People ask because they want to know specific fetishes you will have in your game,
which fetishes will be optional, as in the player decides whether they happen or not and
which fetishes will never be in your game.

Surely you can give us some information. Most developers will not create content they don't like. You were very clear about no incest so you must have others as well.
A lot of us have had games ruined for us because unwanted content was thrown into the game unexpectedly so a lot of people are gun shy now and want to know first.

Please reconsider and tell us what you can. At least answer the big ones like: Harem, NTR, Lesbian, Bestiality, Sharing, Swinging etc. That way people will have any idea what you are planning and your intended audience can find you.

Reactions: Frumi

mtermik.studios

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2023
The vague answer you give will scare more people away from your game then will attract them.
People ask because they want to know specific fetishes you will have in your game,
which fetishes will be optional, as in the player decides whether they happen or not and
which fetishes will never be in your game.

Surely you can give us some information. Most developers will not create content they don't like. You were very clear about no incest so you must have others as well.
A lot of us have had games ruined for us because unwanted content was thrown into the game unexpectedly so a lot of people are gun shy now and want to know first.

Please reconsider and tell us what you can. At least answer the big ones like: Harem, NTR, Lesbian, Bestiality, Sharing, Swinging etc. That way people will have any idea what you are planning and your intended audience can find you.
I have provided a list of all planned tags as a reply to another message in this thread, but I will go ahead and include it in the dev notes of the page as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: battali0n

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
KingOfCourt-0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​