Others Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

nnnnaaaaaa

Oct 22, 2017
This game need a quest menu with the quest location in it. Also i crashed when i was talking to the blacksmith

Feb 26, 2019
Don't you just love when these games are more than just sex games and have thought, care and effort put into them? A game with sex in it, not a sex game. Smoothly animated, pretty pixelart, has choices and it ain't all about degrading the girl all the time if you don't want to, and so on. Honestly, this reminds me of Naked Ambition in how good it is. Cheers to the dev and I hope to see the final version soon!

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
Tutorial cannot be completed. The screen goes dark as long as you stand near the end of the corridor, but nothing else happens.

Reactions: Darshes

Dayma

Feb 11, 2018
I cannot talk with the guy in the tent,it says Yarn file couldn't be found : interacion /varh.json

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
About Yarn File couldn't be found issues: It's not a bug or missing file, it's about an interaction that supposed to be added later, just not there right now. Also works as crash handler in case files are deleted somehow. I'm sorry I shouldn't have left that pop up there, add explanation into that pop up. Also some NPCs are not intractable because I didn't add their interaction lines yet. This release was focused on the part until player enters the Grimshear, so everything after that is mostly lacking.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Tutorial cannot be completed. The screen goes dark as long as you stand near the end of the corridor, but nothing else happens.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, more information about this would be really helpful as I never heard about this before. Sharing screenshot, your save file and also explaining what might caused this bug can help me solve this issues.
Edit: I doubt that you could be missing the ladder downstairs inside the tunnel, that tunnel has 2 floors.

asd4123

Jul 4, 2018
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, more information about this would be really helpful as I never heard about this before. Sharing screenshot, your save file and also explaining what might caused this bug can help me solve this issues.
Edit: I doubt that you could be missing the ladder downstairs inside the tunnel, that tunnel has 2 floors.
I actually had the same issue. The screen just turns to black, and pressing A instantly puts you back in the original tunnel. I ended up having to skip the tutorial and played from there, so I'm not sure if that's why I have issues with progression.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Several NPC's highlight, but I can't talk to them. Also, for Alcock, an error message keeps appearing talking about missing interactions, and when I open the folder, the only json files I see are for 3 people. I downloaded from the OP and from the hot fix earlier. How can I talk to everyone? Also my game constantly crashes when I open inventory. but I still can't do anything with it. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I couldn't turn in my Slay Goblins quest when I had more items than needed. Also, I got "Trying to ind conditional out of array bounds". I've crashed about 15 times in an hour of gameplay.
That pop up is normal, as I explained here, I'll do my best to not frustrate players like this next update.
About crash, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'll look into that. If you could share your save file in any way that would be huge help.

asd4123

Jul 4, 2018
That pop up is normal, as I explained here, I'll do my best to not frustrate players like this next update.
About crash, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'll look into that. If you could share your save file in any way that would be huge help.
I'd be glad to share my latest save file, but I'm not sure where it's located. Where can I find it?

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
So, I did play an earlier version of this. I'm not the biggest fan of QTE combat systems, but this one isn't too bad. Unfortunately I can't get the healing skill you start with to activate. Since I fucked up dodging a fair bit so far, I'm nearly out of HP in the tutorial area.

So, the sequence is on my turn hit j / enter to select main character, hit 1 (yes it's several turns in so the cooldown is over), then nothing I hit activates the ability. The only thing I can get it to do is go back, canceling the skill use.

Edit: And on to bug reports and issues.

1: Trying to talk directly to the village entrance guards after the first time gives a pop up error, doesn't crash the game. "Yarn file couldn't be found: AIcock INteraction.json" then "tarn_to_cutscene(): Yarn counldn't found cutscene AIcock INteraction.json -- first interaction
2: I cannot interact with the innkeeper at all, which seems to lock out all advancement in the game. The character outline turns white, but doesn't respond to the enter key. (or any other I tried)
3: Talking to the blacksmith about crafting gives an error and CTD
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4: The alchemist cannot be interacted with and has no outline when approached

Issues / criticisms / suggestions

1: The enter key and jkl keys are a bit awkward for a control scheme, it feels like the j key should function like the enter key for various map interactions so you don't need to move you hand across the keyboard between battles and overmap. Some of this might just be me, but I always found the reach from the ; key to enter awkward and difficult without moving my hand more that I was "supposed" to.
2: Opening your map and moving it around is weird in that up / down is inverted but left / right is not. It might just be me but that really throws me off, both should either be standard or inverted.
3: Character markers on the map are either inaccurate and / or do not move at the same rate as the map moves. Noticable when the blacksmith's marker moves around the map as you pan it.
4:The tutorial fight against the weaker skeleton should either fully heal you after it or give some potions, to allow for the player not doing well even against a weaker enemy and getting used to the combat system.
5: The stairs down in the tutorial cave aren't obvious, to me it just looked like a different floor texture (a set of logs covering a hole in the flooring) rather than a set of stairs you could go down. A few fixes might be to extend the stairs bellow the visible map, into the black beyond the rectangle adding in an arrow indicating a movement zone type thing, the servant commenting on it, something like "I don't think those stairs are the way out" when you reach the first one, or maybe darkening one edge of the stairs to indicate lowering.
6: An ingame clock to indicate what time it is.
-About healing issues: Combat system is still very rough, mostly because we don't have enough animations right now. I'll look into the healing issue.
-About pop ups: That's because their interactions are not yet added, I'll change that pop up to make it more understandable by player, this never occurred to me.
-Same reason why you can't interact with some NPCs, their interactions are not yet added. I focused on adding content until Grimshear, we are also missing content until that point but we'll be adding more with each update.
-Sorry about the Blacksmith, after I changed inventory system I forgot to disable crafting system since it's not ready right now, my bad.

About your issues/criticisms/suggestions:
1. I completely agree with you, since I use %60 keyboard it never struck to me but you are completely right. Recently I starting making 'J' key viable as confirm. You can also change key bindings in main menu, assign confirm function to whichever key you want.
2-3. Minimap is kind of mess right now, I'm aware of the issues about wrong indicators, I just didn't have time to focus on it since I first added that to the game. I'll also take note about the inverted controls, maybe add an option to invert controls.
4. I agree, that's a mistake on my part, it never occurred to me.
5. I also agree with this one, I miss those details since I played same maps 97987 times already.
6. Time doesn't really affect anything but I guess that couldn't hurt. I'll keep that in mind.
Also I think I mention this somewhere in tutorial iirc but you can change difficulty(which adjusts combat timer) from options menu.

Thank you very much for your criticism, that means lot to us!

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
I'd be glad to share my latest save file, but I'm not sure where it's located. Where can I find it?
Save files are located at: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kingdom_Lost\Saves
You can go to AppData folder easily(it's a hidden folder) by pressing Win+R and typing appdata.
Just sending your latest save file is enough. No need to send image files.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, another issue that I've noticed when going back to re-test when I realized I didn't delete my old save folder (it had no effect on the bugs I posted). I cannot load a save game outside of the main menu.

Attempting to load the save while in the game gives a black screen and an error saying the save cannot be found / loaded. I can still access the esc menu list, and can load the save if I return to the main menu just fine.

As for the map controls, if they were both standard (up key moves your view of the map up, left moves view left, exc.) or both inverted (up moves view down, left moves view right) I'd have no issues, it's the inconsistency that kept throwing me off.

asd4123

Jul 4, 2018
Save files are located at: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kingdom_Lost\Saves
You can go to AppData folder easily(it's a hidden folder) by pressing Win+R and typing appdata.
Just sending your latest save file is enough. No need to send image files.
I've found the save file, but I can't upload it for some reason. Can I send it elsewhere, such as Discord?

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
This game need a quest menu with the quest location in it. Also i crashed when i was talking to the blacksmith
If you press 'space' while inventory is open, you'll see quest details. It doesn't include it's location though, I'll add that to my to-do list. Blacksmith crashes because crafting system broke after some changes and I forgot to remove it, sorry for the inconvenience, it'll be fixed.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
If you press 'space' while inventory is open, you'll see quest details. It doesn't include it's location though, I'll add that to my to-do list. Blacksmith crashes because crafting system broke after some changes and I forgot to remove it, sorry for the inconvenience, it'll be fixed.
For me hitting space bar doesn't show any quest info, just hides the inventory screen and has a blank scroll there

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
So, another issue that I've noticed when going back to re-test when I realized I didn't delete my old save folder (it had no effect on the bugs I posted). I cannot load a save game outside of the main menu.

Attempting to load the save while in the game gives a black screen and an error saying the save cannot be found / loaded. I can still access the esc menu list, and can load the save if I return to the main menu just fine.

As for the map controls, if they were both standard (up key moves your view of the map up, left moves view left, exc.) or both inverted (up moves view down, left moves view right) I'd have no issues, it's the inconsistency that kept throwing me off.
I agree about the map controls, it was mostly an experimental feature and it kind of looks ugly, I plan to focus on minimap when I get chance to.
Also I'm aware about loading issue in game, for now loading from main menu should work fine. I didn't really get chance to work on that issues. In case you are stuck you can force quit to main menu by using 'ctrl+shift+q'.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes