Others Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
so, if i try to exit the caves the game crash, if i loot the chest and try to exit the caves, the game crash
This happen at the very begining of the game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, got the same thing after the second skeleton fight.
There is an object I thought I removed long ago which is causing the bug, and I skipped through it while I'm testing. I fixed it, I'll release a bugfix after playtesting it once more. Thanks for letting me know.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Just finished playtesting, fixed crash in tunnels and some other things I missed. Hopefully it's more stable now. Sometimes loading game won't work properly if your last save file is in the same room as your current room, just go back to main menu and load again.
I should also mention you might not find Dianna in Bandit Camp, since NPC's have schedules now, every NPC can be at different places in a day. You can ask any band member of her about her whereabouts.

Updated NSFW Links(v0.5.3.3): - - -

BaltheonEX

Oct 31, 2017
Hey i love pixel games and this one looks promising ngl but game crash when i try to use the spell heal and also when i try to grab the berry outside the cave . Cheers dev !

Reactions: Psycho-Dev

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Hey i love pixel games and this one looks promising ngl but game crash when i try to use the spell heal and also when i try to grab the berry outside the cave . Cheers dev !
I'm glad you liked the game and thanks for the notice, I'll fix those in upcoming release.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BaltheonEX

mourn

Jan 2, 2018
I've been wondering if this game is still in developing cause the game itself is promising.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
I've been wondering if this game is still in developing cause the game itself is promising.
Thank you! Development have been slowed down for last 2 weeks because of various reasons and also our todo list was quite piled up as we are making some drastic changes, until now we mostly did what first came to our mind but now we are trying to bring them together in a meaningful way. It might take some time but we'll do our best to make this release lot more enjoyable.

Reactions: Ashbringer17

Dwemer

Oct 7, 2017
So not sure if these have been reported anywhere yet but I ran into one issue and two minor things.

This was on a brand new start and I ended up at the caves without talking to anyone besides the first two bandits.

- Skipped the intro
- Tried to intimidate the bandits
- Rejected their offer
- Cleared the mine and killed the 'boss'

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
So not sure if these have been reported anywhere yet but I ran into one issue and two minor things.

This was on a brand new start and I ended up at the caves without talking to anyone besides the first two bandits.

- Skipped the intro
- Tried to intimidate the bandits
- Rejected their offer
- Cleared the mine and killed the 'boss'
Thanks for letting me know, collisions in that map are automatically generated and my algorithm had some issues before, I didn't know you could walk off screen by going left but I just checked and it's not the case anymore.
I'm sorry about not being able to reach the exit, since there isn't anything else to do in that version, I just stopped testing after I beat the boss...
About graphical issue, you should only be able to see that in debug mode and you are not in debug mode, which is weird... I'm not sure what's causing but I hope it won't be an issue in next version since I changed how that kind of things works a little bit.

Reactions: Dwemer

Dwemer

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks for letting me know, collisions in that map are automatically generated and my algorithm had some issues before, I didn't know you could walk off screen by going left but I just checked and it's not the case anymore.
I'm sorry about not being able to reach the exit, since there isn't anything else to do in that version, I just stopped testing after I beat the boss...
About graphical issue, you should only be able to see that in debug mode and you are not in debug mode, which is weird... I'm not sure what's causing but I hope it won't be an issue in next version since I changed how that kind of things works a little bit.
It really wasn't a big issue I just wanted to try and make sure you knew about it.
Could it be caused from doing things out of order like that? I went and cleared out the mine before even going to the church.

I did notice another possible bug? After declining their offer if you go talk to the bandits they only say "What?" and Dianna talks about coming to her if you need anything else but you aren't able to ask anything or accept their help.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
It really wasn't a big issue I just wanted to try and make sure you knew about it.
Could it be caused from doing things out of order like that? I went and cleared out the mine before even going to the church.

I did notice another possible bug? After declining their offer if you go talk to the bandits they only say "What?" and Dianna talks about coming to her if you need anything else but you aren't able to ask anything or accept their help.
Thank you very much, it's hard to check everything in this game so it really helps. I sometimes use debugging tools while I'm playing through the game myself(since I get a lot of crashes, it's really time consuming and tiring) which also causes me to miss things like unreachable doors.
That's normal, you can talk with them after village guards asks for toll, which will initiate 'Find 50 crowns' quest. But you should go talk to Evenon in church before that and get 'I should enter the village' quest.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Hello everyone, we've been silent for a long time but we are back and hopefully we will be releasing new builds regularly from now on. I did my best to build a robust engine, mostly because I don't want to be silent so long again. We had lot to learn but now I feel like we can release new updates regularly since I feel like engine part is mostly done. I had to remove old scenes and interaction since I remade whole interaction, cutscene and AI systems, but I'll add those back again. Currently I mostly focused on the part until player enters Grimshear, so you won't see much content once you enter Grimshear. I'll be releasing regular updates, adding new story, interactions, scenes and quests as much as I can.
I'm also releasing nightly build on our Discord server, drop by if you are interested.

Last edited:

asd4123

Jul 4, 2018
Several NPC's highlight, but I can't talk to them. Also, for Alcock, an error message keeps appearing talking about missing interactions, and when I open the folder, the only json files I see are for 3 people. I downloaded from the OP and from the hot fix earlier. How can I talk to everyone? Also my game constantly crashes when I open inventory. but I still can't do anything with it. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I couldn't turn in my Slay Goblins quest when I had more items than needed. Also, I got "Trying to ind conditional out of array bounds". I've crashed about 15 times in an hour of gameplay.

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
Can't believe you're back for regular updates. :love: (y) Can't wait to see whats new since playing v0.2 and if its good I'm ready to give my part on Patreon since I'm working.

• Love

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, I did play an earlier version of this. I'm not the biggest fan of QTE combat systems, but this one isn't too bad. Unfortunately I can't get the healing skill you start with to activate. Since I fucked up dodging a fair bit so far, I'm nearly out of HP in the tutorial area.

So, the sequence is on my turn hit j / enter to select main character, hit 1 (yes it's several turns in so the cooldown is over), then nothing I hit activates the ability. The only thing I can get it to do is go back, canceling the skill use.

Edit: And on to bug reports and issues.

1: Trying to talk directly to the village entrance guards after the first time gives a pop up error, doesn't crash the game. "Yarn file couldn't be found: AIcock INteraction.json" then "tarn_to_cutscene(): Yarn counldn't found cutscene AIcock INteraction.json -- first interaction
2: I cannot interact with the innkeeper at all, which seems to lock out all advancement in the game. The character outline turns white, but doesn't respond to the enter key. (or any other I tried)
3: Talking to the blacksmith about crafting gives an error and CTD
4: The alchemist cannot be interacted with and has no outline when approached

Issues / criticisms / suggestions

1: The enter key and jkl keys are a bit awkward for a control scheme, it feels like the j key should function like the enter key for various map interactions so you don't need to move you hand across the keyboard between battles and overmap. Some of this might just be me, but I always found the reach from the ; key to enter awkward and difficult without moving my hand more that I was "supposed" to.
2: Opening your map and moving it around is weird in that up / down is inverted but left / right is not. It might just be me but that really throws me off, both should either be standard or inverted.
3: Character markers on the map are either inaccurate and / or do not move at the same rate as the map moves. Noticable when the blacksmith's marker moves around the map as you pan it.
4:The tutorial fight against the weaker skeleton should either fully heal you after it or give some potions, to allow for the player not doing well even against a weaker enemy and getting used to the combat system.
5: The stairs down in the tutorial cave aren't obvious, to me it just looked like a different floor texture (a set of logs covering a hole in the flooring) rather than a set of stairs you could go down. A few fixes might be to extend the stairs bellow the visible map, into the black beyond the rectangle adding in an arrow indicating a movement zone type thing, the servant commenting on it, something like "I don't think those stairs are the way out" when you reach the first one, or maybe darkening one edge of the stairs to indicate lowering.
6: An ingame clock to indicate what time it is.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes