Mod Ren'Py Kingdom of Deception JDMOD [0.14.0] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Maybe you could add an option to lock all scenes.
My personal reason: After the long wait for a new update, I mostly start a new game and it would be a nice feature having all scenes locked again. Because this time I just deleted all my saves and stuff from the AppData folder to get a "clean game feeling". Don't mind me. o_O
I've been using the following command in the console:
persistent._clear(progress=True)

Another thing I noticed was the description of the bonus scenes. Some have an title/description, but most of them are titled with "Scene Locked" and after watching them you get the actual title/description. If it's intended, then forget I said anything.
It wasn't. It will be fixed in the next version.

Reactions: frostpaw

Laarix

Dec 6, 2017
The instructions are a bit too confusing. I appreciate the effort you guys make but i cannot make it work despite trying multiple times with trial and error. I didn't know where to find the bonus "game" and once i did find out that it was in the original game thread (that "search this thread" image caused the misunderstanding) i made a clean one again and it still didn't work and i still get the error on clicking on the bonus scenes button. Btw, the instructions specify a "system" dir that isn't in the JDMOD i downloaded from the patreon link.

Reactions: JohnDupont

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
The instructions are a bit too confusing. I appreciate the effort you guys make but i cannot make it work despite trying multiple times with trial and error. I didn't know where to find the bonus "game" and once i did find out that it was in the original game thread (that "search this thread" image caused the misunderstanding) i made a clean one again and it still didn't work and i still get the error on clicking on the bonus scenes button. Btw, the instructions specify a "system" dir that isn't in the JDMOD i downloaded from the patreon link.
I myself am not that great in getting things to work and renpy isn't my forte. So what can I advise you to do:
Look at this post down below. It explains things really great and you don't need to do much, except download all necessary parts.
@random.guy made a tool to simplify installation:

Download it directly from .​

1. Create a base folder (wherever, whatever the name) and put in it:
    1. The 2 batch files "random.guyJDMODInstaller" and "random.guyJDMODInstaller-UnRen" ;
    2. The JDMOD in a folder named "JDMOD" ;
    3. The latest bonus in a folder named "Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc" ;
    4. The game in a folder named "Kingdom_of_Deception-pc".
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. Double-click on "random.guyJDMODInstaller".

This version should work for Windows. If you are using Linux, contact @random.guy directly after January 7 (and thank him, this tool is AWESOME!).
I summarize all parts and where u can download them for you:

1. random.guyJDMODInstaller - you can find it right in the attached post (Megalink)
2. JDMOD - you can find the mod right and download by MEGA or GoogleDrive
3. Bonus scenes - you can find them right HERE and download the file Bonus 1-7
4. Base Game - you can find it right HERE

Now follow the installion instructions and you should be good to go. It should look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hoppy

Jun 13, 2018
Can anyone tell me what this 'bonus scene' is and where can i get it?
I really can't find anything or maybe i haven't understood it at all.

Reactions: JohnDupont

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
Can anyone tell me what this 'bonus scene' is and where can i get it?
I really can't find anything or maybe i haven't understood it at all.
Visit the main thread of KoD and in the OP under the section "Download" you can find the files Bonus 1-7.
Bonus scenes are scenes that aren't in the game, but play in the KoD universe.
Mostly the art is already exsisting, but modified with different characters from the original scenes.

If you follow the step in this mod, you can visit the bonus scenes in the gallery.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Visit the main thread of KoD and in the OP under the section "Download" you can find the files Bonus 1-7.
Bonus scenes are scenes that aren't in the game, but play in the KoD universe.
Mostly the art is already exsisting, but modified with different characters from the original scenes.

If you follow the step in this mod, you can visit the bonus scenes in the gallery.
Thank you ;)

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The JDMOD mostly works for me, but there are multiple scenes (including the bunny-costume scene and one of the Vehlis scenes) where .png files are missing, and when I try to watch the fanfic scenes (after merging the "Fanfic Mod v0.6-0.9.0" file with the /game folder), some of them immediately have an error that says "name 'Sabia' is not defined."

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
The JDMOD mostly works for me, but there are multiple scenes (including the bunny-costume scene and one of the Vehlis scenes) where .png files are missing, and when I try to watch the fanfic scenes (after merging the "Fanfic Mod v0.6-0.9.0" file with the /game folder), some of them immediately have an error that says "name 'Sabia' is not defined."
I couldn't reproduce those errors.

But since the JDMOD hadn't been updated to include Viressa's latest scene, I uploaded a new version: 0.9.3. Try performing a clean instead and tell me if it fixes the problem.

DaveDavidsonMcDavid

Mar 13, 2018
Hey dude, got a quick question. Play KOD on my pc a lot but I have it on my android now and just wondered if there was anyway to open console commands at all

wrzesiu

Jul 10, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'>:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2664, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 661, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1563, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1558, in sizeit
rend = render(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 599, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 724, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\Nowy folder\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.9.1
Sat Feb 15 08:43:58 2020

I got error like that with bonus scenes, I've checked the folder of bonus scenes and it doesnt contain so called scene in it. What did I do wrong?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote