Feb 27, 2017
The update frequency decrease is due to Sierra splitting her time amongst several projects at once, if she enjoys programing and doesn't mind people complaining/patreons don't mind then she should continue to do it, otherwise if she just wants to focus on writing and concept dev just hire a programmer to do the renpy/rpgm stuff

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
5 CGs with 9 variations after four months... Yea, that's why I stopped supporting. 15$ a month for nearly no content after such a long time.
Those 5 CG's with 9 variations probably mean about 200 images... possibly even more. Whether that's enough for four months gap it's up to you.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
Those 5 CG's with 9 variations probably mean about 200 images... possibly even more. Whether that's enough for four months gap it's up to you.
Well, that was more of a minor problem i had, the major ones are the lack of actual content (both story and anything interesting) and the fact that I don't really feel the story has anything interesting to show, I guess after 3 years it might turn into something but until then I don't feel like supporting it. Art is the only +

Reactions: bigpenniser

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Well, that was more of a minor problem i had, the major ones are the lack of actual content (both story and anything interesting) and the fact that I don't really feel the story has anything interesting to show, I guess after 3 years it might turn into something but until then I don't feel like supporting it. Art is the only +
If you're not interested in the story you probably shouldn't be playing this game. From what I can tell, the dev's are definitely putting a focus on story while also making it an H game, but it seems like the H is a close second, and not the focus. Personally I'm interested in the story, though that may be the history buff in me always curious as to how things got to where they are and whatnot. Either way, this game will definitely be very story heavy, not just a quick "CLICK HERE FOR SEXY TIME" kinda thing.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
If you're not interested in the story you probably shouldn't be playing this game. From what I can tell, the dev's are definitely putting a focus on story while also making it an H game, but it seems like the H is a close second, and not the focus. Personally I'm interested in the story, though that may be the history buff in me always curious as to how things got to where they are and whatnot. Either way, this game will definitely be very story heavy, not just a quick "CLICK HERE FOR SEXY TIME" kinda thing.
I'm not playing the game, I stopped playing after getting the 0.4 version (I was a 15$ supporter). I like story heavy games but the story that they give after a year of development is not worth it for me.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
The update frequency decrease is due to Sierra splitting her time amongst several projects at once, if she enjoys programing and doesn't mind people complaining/patreons don't mind then she should continue to do it, otherwise if she just wants to focus on writing and concept dev just hire a programmer to do the renpy/rpgm stuff
The big assumption there is that the delay is only due to Sierra working multiple projects, not the planning of content, writing (including multiple paths that weren't in NN, not counting the endings), any art creation (including both scenes and new assets like maps, backgrounds, item images). I personally have no idea what the split is in their work on the game, but working with multiple people is generally slower than solo, since while you're waiting to hear back from other team members you may not be able to continue work and discussing with the team rather than directly progressing. On a solo project, you only have to worry about yourself getting content in, so it can go faster and, quite possibly in this case, be worked on while waiting on others.

But, as has been said before your choice if the delay between updates is a deal breaker.

Reactions: memosabry777

Jormag

Oct 4, 2017
Man I haven't played this since 0.3, so hopefully there'll be a lot of new content to plow through.

R-right?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
The big assumption there is that the delay is only due to Sierra working multiple projects, not the planning of content, writing (including multiple paths that weren't in NN, not counting the endings), any art creation (including both scenes and new assets like maps, backgrounds, item images). I personally have no idea what the split is in their work on the game, but working with multiple people is generally slower than solo, since while you're waiting to hear back from other team members you may not be able to continue work and discussing with the team rather than directly progressing. On a solo project, you only have to worry about yourself getting content in, so it can go faster and, quite possibly in this case, be worked on while waiting on others.
If I recall correctly, Nomo is in charge or art, Sierra is in charge of everything else. And with TLS being her main project I'm not sure how much time she have to work on KoD... the fact that this is Ren'py game might also have something to do with delays.

Feb 27, 2017

But, as has been said before your choice if the delay between updates is a deal breaker.
Well given that Nomo is only incharge of art (as far as we know) and when ever there has been a delay Renpy coding overhauls are cited as the reasons yet renpy is a simple python engine that they've been using for almost a year, I would wager it's due to Sierra not having enough time in the day to work on multiple games as opposed to assuming shes incompetent given what shes accomplished thus far

Not to mention she makes 6k+ on TLS and its all hers as opposed to the 6.5k they make on KoD thats split (I'm assuming 50/50 but defs possible not) why wouldn't she focus more on it? and she released a third title on steam recently

Anyway what I meant was, no one is playing Sierras games for her ingenuous coding and ground breaking gameplay, it's her writing, hiring a programmer to work on all her titles while she focuses on that might help her speed all her projects up, give her some breathing room and likely more patreons to cover their cost entirely. Either way will be interested to see what she chooses to do can't blame people for not becoming patreons given this but wouldn't call it shilling either as some have claimed

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anybody discussing patreon here.
The majority is talking about the working process of KoD and how the long development time could be reduced.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes