random.person

Aug 11, 2017
If someone could help me, I am not able to see relationship stats at all!
In the latest version you can check your relationships and other useful stats in your tent under the label "Check Progression".

If you need to operate console commands, the variables are:
  • "A_" followed by the character's name, all underscore and with no quotes (e.g. A_jadk)
  • L_orcs, L_catgirls, L_humans
Then of course there are the classic sub and dom for submission and domination.

IanEden

Jul 6, 2017
In the latest version you can check your relationships and other useful stats in your tent under the label "Check Progression".

If you need to operate console commands, the variables are:
  • "A_" followed by the character's name, all underscore and with no quotes (e.g. A_jadk)
  • L_orcs, L_catgirls, L_humans
Then, of course, there are the classic sub and dom for submission and domination.
I tried enabling console and it caused the menu and relationship stats to not appear. Now I am using the mod version and it seems to be alright.

Thanks for the reply.

Maveric

Mar 14, 2018
Here, I just made a quick script modification as people seem to request full unlock of the gallery a lot. Just extract and drop this in your Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\game\Database folder and overwrite when asked, and all scenes will be unlocked in your gallery regardless of your save files.
How about for android from port spear1403

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
can the rollback be disabled ? my stupid game is glitched or some shit so it rollbacks automatically whenever it wants

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
can the rollback be disabled ? my stupid game is glitched or some shit so it rollbacks automatically whenever it wants
You either execute via console the command config.rollback_enabled=False or insert this snippet in some game script (I suggest the start of script.rpy):
Code:
init python:
    config_rollback_enabled=False
Make sure that the second line is indented and those are spaces and not a tab character, for Ren'Py is pretty pedantic about the latter.

The difference is that in the first case you need to change the variable every time you play, in the second case the variable is set every time the game launches (if at the start of script.rpy, if not it depends in which script you put it).

Reactions: N1K17Y

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
You either execute via console the command config.rollback_enabled=False or insert this snippet in some game script (I suggest the start of script.rpy):
Code:
init python:
    config_rollback_enabled=False
Make sure that the second line is indented and those are spaces and not a tab character, for Ren'Py is pretty pedantic about the latter.

The difference is that in the first case you need to change the variable every time you play, in the second case the variable is set every time the game launches (if at the start of script.rpy, if not it depends in which script you put it).
thanks, gonna try it tommorow

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

We wanted to take a moment to hint a little about the next update but also talk about our process.

One of the biggest challenges of creating a game with varying choices is to manage the variables that record the player's decisions. When a variable like Dom or Sub is checked, we need to choose the requirement carefully. Too low, and the check doesn't mean much or the scene doesn't fit the player's past choices. Too high, and many players will be locked out of the scene. Balancing this is an ongoing task.

Making each path mostly linear is one way to deal with this. It does lead to consistent progressions, but it also simplifies the game significantly. At worst, it can render the variables mere cosmetic changes and leave no choices at all - which is not what we're going for with KoD.

Though we think the current requirements are in a decent place based on all the feedback we've received, that doesn't mean that there's no room for improvement. Version 0.6.0 of KoD will include some new quests and scenes that will provide more stat points of multiple kinds. So a save that might not have been able to obtain a scene last version might be able to with the new content that will be added this version.

Version 0.6.0 will also be checking other variables a little more. The past few updates have focused on dom/sub and on the Captains - next update will include benefits related to group loyalty values. In the content we've completed, no scenes are locked behind these variables, but they will give you benefits that might help you unlock other scenes. We hope this will increase the flexibility of the game without rendering the checks meaningless.

The next update will move the plot forward, but it will also include some content to flesh out the current phase of KoD. Hopefully that will be a fun update for everyone, but improve the experience of the final game even more!

The above teaser image is from one of the upcoming CG's in 0.6.0.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes