CB74

Nov 8, 2018
The people who complain about the length of time for updates should look at some of the other games that have been made. Many have had long gaps in the update releases. In some of the cases depending on how many people who are working on the project and what it costs to live where they do, may have a second job or even (gasp) a life other than just making games. As much as I would like an update as well, I can wait and see what happens. And for those who aren't paying for the subscription, deal with it, you're getting something for nothing, you aren't entitled to anything if they don't want to give you anything. The only people who have a legitamate right to complain would be those paying.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Well, this will most likely to be put "Onhold" or "Abandoned" at some point similar to other games from other Devs.

When the money starts to dry up they run with their tails between their legs. (or Go radio silent)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The people who complain about the length of time for updates should look at some of the other games that have been made. Many have had long gaps in the update releases. In some of the cases depending on how many people who are working on the project and what it costs to live where they do, may have a second job or even (gasp) a life other than just making games. As much as I would like an update as well, I can wait and see what happens. And for those who aren't paying for the subscription, deal with it, you're getting something for nothing, you aren't entitled to anything if they don't want to give you anything. The only people who have a legitamate right to complain would be those paying.
Wonder how many paying complainers we would find here...:unsure:

Tac_Obray

Nov 19, 2017
The updates as of recently have been on about a 3 month schedule. Amount of content released per update aside, the game has not yet hit a threshold where it is "late" as of yet. They also did not release a date for the new update.

While releasing limited information is a bad practice, they have not yet done anything egregious, as some have suggested. The only thing they have done is make some patrons unsatisfied with the schedule of content creation.

IF they were doing this on kickstarter, where a product is promised at a certain time wtih certain features, people may be able to get a refund if they miss a date. However, they haven't even given a date to miss. In addition this is patreon. This is "pay to help us try to put a product out," not "pay for this product with these features on this date." People can pull money out as they wish. Im certain once the release happens people will either return or new people will show up to throw them their 5 dollars a month.

I just hope we get more content with Fluff Tooth in the kennels PATREON HAS REMOVED THE PREVIOUS COMMENT DUE TO A VIOLATION OF POLICY. MOVE ALONG CITIZEN. or with the minotaurs.

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder how many paying complainers we would find here...:unsure:
The whole problem with people saying you cannot say anything unless you pay is that it does not work as in reviewing something, some of them get review copy's of the items (Games) for free they just need to write a review, So by the idea of the people who are protecting the Devs those reviews are invalid.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
The whole problem with people saying you cannot say anything unless you pay is that it does not work as in reviewing something, some of them get review copy's of the items (Games) for free they just need to write a review, So by the idea of the people who are protecting the Devs those reviews are invalid.
That's a really good way of looking at it, I've never thought about it this way.
Makes you realize how retarded this whole "you don't pay so you've no right to criticize" sounds.

Reactions: Back

ahrimansiah

Oct 28, 2017
some random guys from third world countries actually believe they are entitled to get regular updates but I tell you so much, even though arguing with you is a waste of time because you lack logical thinking, the first one who benefits the most from great updates and satisfied patrons are the devs themselves. Why? because they get more patrons.
I actually feel bad for you guys, your life must be sad if you spend so much time and energy shit talking this game. You could literally learn Renpy or RPG Maker with that time and make your own games, making everything better that hreinngames does.
and some random guy like YOU lurks in this OPEN FORUMES spend time and energy to insult everyone because HE believes he is so special that he can call others third world random guys (which also indicted that you thinks millions of ppl who belong to 3rd world are below you!) and in the end provide no valid criticism or point about the topic, the amount of logical thinking behind this comment is overwhelming!

LEET

May 29, 2017
That's a really good way of looking at it, I've never thought about it this way.
Makes you realize how retarded this whole "you don't pay so you've no right to criticize" sounds.
The thing is if you do pay and criticize something, you then get the "you're just butthurt it wasn't for you." I've gotten that a couple of times before.

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
The thing is if you do pay and criticize something, you then get the "you're just butthurt it wasn't for you." I've gotten that a couple of times before.
People don't like to hear that something they like is going down the drain. It sucks when it happens, but it always happens to smaller projects that are way too ambitious. I hate seeing game grumps go to shit, but their latest content has been ass. I miss their old stuff. It's like that, people don't want to accept the unfortunate reality that KoD is just a money grabbing scheme atm, and the only thing that will encourage change is to NOT support them with money. If they have to earn it back, that forces motivation.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
People don't like to hear that something they like is going down the drain. It sucks when it happens, but it always happens to smaller projects that are way too ambitious. I hate seeing game grumps go to shit, but their latest content has been ass. I miss their old stuff. It's like that, people don't want to accept the unfortunate reality that KoD is just a money grabbing scheme atm, and the only thing that will encourage change is to NOT support them with money. If they have to earn it back, that forces motivation.
Nah, people don't like hearing criticism period.

The subject of the criticism doesn't have to be going down the drain for that to be true. It's just if people like something they'll feel personally invested in it and thus can take criticism as a personal attack, especially if it's less than constructive.

Also, as someone who has not been following the development of KoD, how are they a money grabbing scheme?

FatDragonite

Feb 13, 2019
Plz stop the mods have locked this thread before for less ..........give your new boyfriend your number and you guys can text just not here

Reactions: pizbia

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
Nah, people don't like hearing criticism period.

The subject of the criticism doesn't have to be going down the drain for that to be true. It's just if people like something they'll feel personally invested in it and thus can take criticism as a personal attack, especially if it's less than constructive.

Also, as someone who has not been following the development of KoD, how are they a money grabbing scheme?
Money grabbing scheme is probably too far, It was mostly hyperbole for effect, but they are 100% stretching out their dev times for increased patreon cash. I want to say it was march that they announced the new update would be late march, people subbed, wasnt until late april it came out, with no update on the release until like, 4 days beforehand. I can't fathom an excuse for development times that long for mediocre content updates.

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
From the last several pages I can realize that:
1- The game is mediocre and don't worth.
2- Also the updates are getting worse
3- The dev doesn't care for his fans.
4- The dev is a milker and takes advantage of everyone.

So, Why so many posts of people who keeps coming back to say the same thing over and over again, crying and ranting on the same subject? Why don't move on? Is this the famous constructive criticism?

Or people just need to vent their stress?

Erectosaurus

Dec 28, 2018
From the last several pages I can realize that:
1- The game is mediocre and don't worth.
2- Also the updates are getting worse
3- The dev doesn't care for his fans.
4- The dev is a milker and takes advantage of everyone.

So, Why so many posts of people who keeps coming back to say the same thing over and over again, crying and ranting on the same subject? Why don't move on? Is this the famous constructive criticism?

Or people just need to vent their stress?
Wow...it's almost as if various people have come to the same conclusions about the game and are communicating with each other on a public forum, but no I'm sure they're just the same people crying over and over again :rolleyes:

What do you want people to do lie and circlejerk about how amazing this game is lol? When a game has problems people are going to talk about those problems on a forum related to that game. Also I've been reading thru the past few pages too and I havent seen anybody being downright hostile or "crying and ranting" as you say. Actually I take that back I do see a certain group of people being needlessly hostile towards those with criticisms for no real reason.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Plz stop the mods have locked this thread before for less ..........give your new boyfriend your number and you guys can text just not here
The homophobia is unnecessary and idiotic.

Money grabbing scheme is probably too far, It was mostly hyperbole for effect, but they are 100% stretching out their dev times for increased patreon cash. I want to say it was march that they announced the new update would be late march, people subbed, wasnt until late april it came out, with no update on the release until like, 4 days beforehand. I can't fathom an excuse for development times that long for mediocre content updates.
I see.

That's unfortunate.

Reactions: I Love These Games
3.90 star(s) 73 Votes