baneini

Jun 28, 2017
3-4 months basically is a new timeline for updates for most bigger games.
Games with some form of gameplay and 2d art take a while since both drawing and programming take significant amount of time relative to writing and posing 3d models. Add in map design, sound effects/music, inventory/clothing systems and debugging and they really take a while.
The VNs with daz models have always been done at 1 month period to fit the patreon model, 2d games that tried to do that model ended up with monthly updates that took 5 mins to complete.

Year from now it will be probably 5-6 months on regular basis.
Depends, you should balance the team/game design so that it wont go that far.
A speedy writer can work on multiple games at the same time while others take care of art like how sierra lee does. If you were to build a team that makes 2d art to satisfy all the written scenes you'd need 2-3 artists full time and someone else to program.
So a big game team would be 1 writer 1 coder, 3 artists + someone with creative vision, and they would produce patches every 3-4 months.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
The VNs with daz models have always been done at 1 month period to fit the patreon model, 2d games that tried to do that model ended up with monthly updates that took 5 mins to complete.
Well, most bigger VN's with daz models also get produced like 3 or more months now.

There are games that still do every month or month and a half updates, but not that many anymore.

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
F95 won't say the game is abandoned even if there was no update for a year, as long as stuff is happening on Patreon, just look at Dual family.

Genuinely dislike the lack of attention F95 put into (lack of) tags and inability to see context in some cases, like Dual family once again

Wyrdsmithe

May 30, 2018
Speaking as someone who has been working hard at learning to draw - art takes a fair bit of time. Something a lot of you aren't factoring in is all the time required for background art, miscellaneous items, things whose presence you don't notice but whose absence you absolutely will notice. I see a lot of complaining about lack of new CGs, or that all the CGs are orcs or whatnot - and yet when the devs take the time to make those new CGs and write all the new code required, there's instead complaining about them taking too much time when you just want to see Sabia get fucked.

I know most of you have no tits, but calm them anyway.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Speaking as someone who has been working hard at learning to draw - art takes a fair bit of time. Something a lot of you aren't factoring in is all the time required for background art, miscellaneous items, things whose presence you don't notice but whose absence you absolutely will notice. I see a lot of complaining about lack of new CGs, or that all the CGs are orcs or whatnot - and yet when the devs take the time to make those new CGs and write all the new code required, there's instead complaining about them taking too much time when you just want to see Sabia get fucked.

I know most of you have no tits, but calm them anyway.
Pretty sure most know but don't care since this doesn't go well with all their doomsayer and armchair dev speech.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Pretty sure most know but don't care since this doesn't go well with all their doomsayer and armchair dev speech.
I think most people see the lack of open communication from them and get a negative "doomsayer" approach to it. And (I'll say this again) I don't remember seeing much if any people actually saying they know or could do better at developing a game, aka being an armchair dev. Lots of writing off the game / dev as hopeless at this point and a hell of a lot of "I want more [insert my fetish]", but no actual claims of being able to do it better.

And I think that a fair number of the "doomsayers" are like me, and want to see if Hreinn's claims that "after this update things will speed up" will end up being true (this at least the third update they've claimed things will speed up) or if the updates after this one will have more scenes (the in progress game update is when they started claiming this).

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I think most people see the lack of open communication from them and get a negative "doomsayer" approach to it. And (I'll say this again) I don't remember seeing much if any people actually saying they know or could do better at developing a game, aka being an armchair dev. Lots of writing off the game / dev as hopeless at this point and a hell of a lot of "I want more [insert my fetish]", but no actual claims of being able to do it better.

And I think that a fair number of the "doomsayers" are like me, and want to see if Hreinn's claims that "after this update things will speed up" will end up being true (this at least the third update they've claimed things will speed up) or if the updates after this one will have more scenes (the in progress game update is when they started claiming this).
What lack of communication? They are always talking with their patrons and frankly us F95 Zone pirates aren't entitled to anything from them. When a developer or a patron post any game related news/ updated versions here they are doing us a favor, nothing else.

I will, however, concede that the armchair folks seems to have reduce their "counsel" in the last few weeks.

Reactions: TheSexinati

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
What lack of communication? They are always talking with their patrons and frankly us F95 Zone pirates aren't entitled to anything from them. When a developer or a patron post any game related news/ updated versions here they are doing us a favor, nothing else.

I will, however, concede that the armchair folks seems to have reduce their "counsel" in the last few weeks.
They post an update about once a month. Personally I (and many others) feel that they should be giving more updates, even if they're set to patreons only. Additionally, some people on this site have said their discord isn't any better for communication. While I have no way to confirm the discord part, I feel that that's far from "always".

I've said this many times in the thread, but thinking as an outsider seeing their patreon for the first time, I personally would be hesitant to support them based on both their actual game updates and the lack of news posts they make (whether I could read the content or not). To not show activity on a publicly funded project, be it continuous like patreon or a limited time fund like kickstarter, means that anyone finding the project for the first time is far less likely to support it. (And yes, I have no real evidence of that last point, but it just makes sense that you wouldn't sign up with something that's not being updated as far as you can tell).

As for us being "nothing but pirates" on this site, that's far from true. It's through sites like this that I personally (and I'd guess many others as well) look for games and developers that we're interested in. If we like them we support them. I used to support a number of patreon campaigns which I found through other "pirate sites", most of them began to slow or outright stop updates and I stopped support, the rest I stopped after I could no longer afford it. There are some patreon projects I may consider supporting or legit copies of games I'd buy in the future if my financial situation improves, all from finding them on sites like this. Heirnn is one I used to support back in the NN days. I stopped because I wasn't sure about the initial info they game about KoD, and at this point I personally would never support them again based on the lengthening time between updates and the communication.

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
The fact that they've timed their updates so as to maximized payments in the past doesn't help their case either.

Manga-fan

Jul 2, 2018
This site does lend itself to giving great exposure to game developers and while I enjoyed this game a great deal, I've scrutinized the patch change logs and many of the most recent ones listed were just listing one minor fix, like fixing typos.

Fixing typos is important, I'll never argue against that, but it'd be nice to see a lot of new content come out. I can see why some would think that they're just milking patrons for more money by doing the bare minimum, I can certainly see that myself. That's the only thing I'm gathering from this games at least most recent developments which have the game feeling abandoned to me.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
The most recent releases are bugs and typos because that's how their release schedule works: A 0.X.0 version that goes out to patrons only that has a bunch of new content (released every 4 months or so), a 0.X.1 update that goes out a few days later for a lower tier of patrons that has bug fixes and crap, then a 0.X.3 version with even more fixes that goes up for the public to freely download. Then absolutely nothing for 3-4 months until 0.(X+1).0 comes out.

darsh151

Nov 13, 2018
They're one of the few devs who actually finished previous games they've made. Unlike so many others. They are probably just focused on their work. Seeing how Patreon is cracking down more on games with certain content it may not be in their best interest to always be talking.

Reactions: phone999

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Well, people say it's not abandoned because there is small amounts of updates to Patron & other, however many see progress as actually work A.K an (Downloadable) update as many Devs can say they have done the work but till there is proof, it's just talk.

Example: Aylia's Story - YummyTiger who spent around 5 years "working" on their game with next to no progress before it was put on-hold which is basically abandoned for many games.

Last edited:

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
Example: Aylia's Story - YummyTiger who spent around 5 years "working" on their game with next to no progress before it was put on-hold which is basically abandoned for many games.
Well from what I can see, at least the devs Patreon is based on per game release not monthly. I can't imagine supporting patreons for months on end with little to no progress made. Monthly system payments either motivates devs to do jack shit or actually push out content.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes