souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
>Scream to high heaven that you want more communication from the developers

>That communication says something that disappoints you

>"They should just not tell us anything until the update drops."

:/
So, I fail to see how thinking that they could put together a weekly post to update on progress is the exact same as thinking that they should have actually finished bug testing and been ready for release before announcing that release in a week's time. Especially since they have a history of delays, and aren't a large team and have a long history of delays of announced release dates.

I may not like that it's delayed, but it is good that they announced that it'd be delayed. Frankly I feel like they used a limited set of saves to test the update, then someone had the thought that "wait, I forgot we have this entire other route we haven't tested" which broke access to the new content. I understand if it was very specific to a very limited number of routes, but the posts imply (to me at least) that it was something like "Whoops, the content is bugged for anyone who didn't get a perfect result in the arena", as opposed to people who made 8 specific choices in the game.

Reactions: w00de

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
It suggests only that the date will be 24 september, which is tomorrow. Who knows, maybe.
The last update came out last night, at like midnight. And it was referring to a later release today. It should drop today if they can figure out the bug. That being said, this bug shit is ridiculous. Idk what programmer or coder they hired, but they don't seem to be doing well. I know you can never avoid all bugs, but massive game-breaking, delay causing bugs should be avoidable.
I'd say it was the new assets and things causing it, but this had happened with like, the last 6 updates, they never come out on time. Hreinn really doesnt have a good track record with bug fixing and on time release.

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
It suggests only that the date will be 24 september, which is tomorrow. Who knows, maybe.
That's a let-down. So, I guess it's next weekend, then, for me. Shame. Was looking forward to a good fapping weekend. KoD was supposed to have come out, as was Defenestration elsewhere, too. Seems my date with Sabia is now pushed back by a week.

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
That's a let-down. So, I guess it's next weekend, then, for me. Shame. Was looking forward to a good fapping weekend. KoD was supposed to have come out, as was Defenestration elsewhere, too. Seems my date with Sabia is now pushed back by a week.
This is the update post.

Sep 22 at 11:14pm

.9 Delay.

Just an update. We were about to release, but as we were doing extra testing we ran into a big issue that makes progress impossible that we are working to fix. We are working hard to resolve it but unfortunately that means we most likely won't be able to release before the 22nd ends judging by the work needed. It will most likely be resolved tomorrow, so we will have to move the release date by one day, we are very sorry for the inconvenience

It looks like it should be released by the end of today.

Reactions: Mihairusan

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
Idk what programmer or coder they hired, but they don't seem to be doing well. I know you can never avoid all bugs, but massive game-breaking, delay causing bugs should be avoidable.
Maybe someone like Dennis Nedry (Jurassic Park). Wanted more money; didn't get it. So, had the game rigged with a destructive code in case demands for a pay hike were not met. I guess that's one way of explaining the sudden explosion of bugs.

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
Maybe someone like Dennis Nedry (Jurassic Park). Wanted more money; didn't get it. So, had the game rigged with a destructive code in case demands for a pay hike were not met. I guess that's one way of explaining the sudden explosion of bugs.
I find that really hard to believe. Unless i'm mistaken, intentionally sabotaging a project with intentionally malicious code, then demanding money to fix it amounts to blackmail, which is 100% illegal. I'm not legal expert though, maybe it's different with private projects. It also seems unlikely to me that they would risk their job for such a limited income cap. Working as a programmer for a private hrpg is probably more desirable than a regular coding job, so it seems weird they would jinx it in favor of more money, when they'd probably make more at a normal job. I don't think anyone at hreinn is intentionally malicious, at worst i'd say they may intentionally delay releases to get another round of patreon income. Which is shitty, no doubt, but also could be a result of incompetence as opposed to money-scumming.

As someone who works full time as part of a 10+ person team, projects often get bottlenecked by a single person, and you have to often pick up their slack if you want to get the work done in time. With coding, it's probably the hardest thing to make up, as I'd wager only one of the three team members is an experienced coder. Problems occur at every stage with any project, and constantly harassing people about it rarely makes it go faster, that's why i stopped posting on their patreon page. I bitch on here because I very much doubt hreinn reads this forum, I'd advise them not to, and people who complain on here usually aren't patrons anyway, so i'm just airing my grievances. It doesn't really cause any harm, and it makes me feel better.

Viressa is 100% right though, mass cancellation won't cause they to work on it faster, it'll just slow things down more. It'll only get the game canceled, and with how many trash 3dcg games are flooding the market, it's a good thing to support quality 2d artwork. The only way to speed up progress in my mind would be for them to be able to hire another person, which is way beyond their current financial capabilities.

While it's beyond aggravating to have delay after delay after delay, with literally every update, we just gotta be patient.
At least hreinn sticks to their vision, they haven't completely abandoned all pretense in favor of squeezing as much money as possible out of the last breath of their game. Looking at you, riot games.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
At least hreinn sticks to their vision, they haven't completely abandoned all pretense in favor of squeezing as much money as possible out of the last breath of their game. Looking at you, riot games.
I like how you mentioned riot games, based.

Feb 27, 2017
The only way to speed up progress in my mind would be for them to be able to hire another person, which is way beyond their current financial capabilities.
Its a 3 man team now, Nomo on art and the other two doing fuck knows what, I assume one is a writter given siera's depature leaving a programmer who apparently is struggling to code a VN in Renpy lmao

DarkOrder666

Apr 29, 2018
For a video game in Unreal Engine 4, it is advisable to have a small studio.

Its a 3 man team now, Nomo on art and the other two doing fuck knows what, I assume one is a writter given siera's depature leaving a programmer who apparently is struggling to code a VN in Renpy lmao

Most likely, the engine has been improved, which caused bugs.

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
I find that really hard to believe. Unless i'm mistaken, intentionally sabotaging a project with intentionally malicious code, then demanding money to fix it amounts to blackmail, which is 100% illegal. I'm not legal expert though, maybe it's different with private projects. It also seems unlikely to me that they would risk their job for such a limited income cap. Working as a programmer for a private hrpg is probably more desirable than a regular coding job, so it seems weird they would jinx it in favor of more money, when they'd probably make more at a normal job. I don't think anyone at hreinn is intentionally malicious, at worst i'd say they may intentionally delay releases to get another round of patreon income. Which is shitty, no doubt, but also could be a result of incompetence as opposed to money-scumming.

As someone who works full time as part of a 10+ person team, projects often get bottlenecked by a single person, and you have to often pick up their slack if you want to get the work done in time. With coding, it's probably the hardest thing to make up, as I'd wager only one of the three team members is an experienced coder. Problems occur at every stage with any project, and constantly harassing people about it rarely makes it go faster, that's why i stopped posting on their patreon page. I bitch on here because I very much doubt hreinn reads this forum, I'd advise them not to, and people who complain on here usually aren't patrons anyway, so i'm just airing my grievances. It doesn't really cause any harm, and it makes me feel better.

Viressa is 100% right though, mass cancellation won't cause they to work on it faster, it'll just slow things down more. It'll only get the game canceled, and with how many trash 3dcg games are flooding the market, it's a good thing to support quality 2d artwork. The only way to speed up progress in my mind would be for them to be able to hire another person, which is way beyond their current financial capabilities.

While it's beyond aggravating to have delay after delay after delay, with literally every update, we just gotta be patient.
I was just kidding. I wasn't serious with that comment. It was meant to be "jestful," so to speak. English isn't my native language. I guess sometimes my words aren't framed correctly enough to convey emotion and/or intent. Though I do try my best.

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
I was just kidding. I wasn't serious with that comment. It was meant to be "jestful," so to speak. English isn't my native language. I guess sometimes my words aren't framed correctly enough to convey emotion and/or intent. Though I do try my best.
Hah, thats fair. Tell you what though, i'd wager some people probably believe it.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes