DarkOrder666

Apr 29, 2018
Creators should limit most dialogues by focusing on specific content. The events must be more dynamic, everything can not revolve around one village. They must move on, otherwise Hreinn Games will not last long and hire someone who knows Ren'Py or switching to RPGM.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Creators should limit most dialogues by focusing on specific content. The events must be more dynamic, everything can not revolve around one village. They must move on, otherwise Hreinn Games will not last long and hire someone who knows Ren'Py or switching to RPGM.
this is something I said a long time ago. Renpy doesn't work for this kind of game they have in mind, this large world with several places to visit, RPG combat mechanic, RPG stats, RPG story and so on, for which RPG Maker is ideal and they already had experience with that engine. Even with RPG maker you can customize alot, you can make your own tiles, parallax maps and much more. Renpy is the engine for virtual books that have some kind of branching and just want to tell you an interactive story.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Finally someone who isn't in full armchair developer mode o.o

Everyone's an expert until they realize how much effort is involved in just part of making a game. I'll fully say I could maybe do the art given another year or six of practice, I could do the writing if I suddenly had no uni schedule and was being y'know, paid, and I absolutely could not do the programming.

All these people thinking it's a bunch of lazy arses freeloading or taking their sweet time are... well...
Unfortunately this place is full of them jerking each other because "they know better"... :FacePalm: :ROFLMAO:

Exodusas

Nov 18, 2016
Unfortunately this place is full of them jerking each other because "they know better"... :FacePalm: :ROFLMAO:
Doesn't take it to be a developer to know that lying and being deceitful is bad. Each update they say how they're fixing something minor and the other updates will come out faster as they're getting more used to (Time and time again lied about stuff like that), when they could you know admit that they're pretty terrible at what they're doing and not getting better at it speed wise. Doesn't take being a developer to know that its not hard to make updates more than once a month. Also to all the butthurt defenders of the creators and their shenanigans saying why people are coming back to it if its so bad. This game is like an abusive boyfriend that you keep forgiving and coming back to (because good art/scenes and such) lol.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Doesn't take it to be a developer to know that lying and being deceitful is bad. Each update they say how they're fixing something minor and the other updates will come out faster as they're getting more used to (Time and time again lied about stuff like that), when they could you know admit that they're pretty terrible at what they're doing and not getting better at it speed wise. Doesn't take being a developer to know that its not hard to make updates more than once a month. Also to all the butthurt defenders of the creators and their shenanigans saying why people are coming back to it if its so bad. This game is like an abusive boyfriend that you keep forgiving and coming back to (because good art/scenes and such) lol.
Thank you for proving my point . This post of yours was a magnific example of a armchair developer . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
I think it's safe to say that we don't know better, but why does that matter?

Consumers don't have any obligation to provide solutions, we can see problems just fine and the devs superior expertise hasn't stopped them from continuing to provide an inadequate service. Kingdom of Deception has had a pretty awful development, to the point that when I get a steady source of income they're going to be far to the bottom of developers I would support. If I decide to support them at all.

I'm not saying this to be a "hater", it's tragic that KoD's potential may not be fully realized, but it serves no one to pretend that it's not happening.

BleepRose

Aug 12, 2017
I mean you can just look at the updates Sierra Lee does for her own patreon, and the lack of spark left on this project is clear. Noxian Nights was a great game that had consistent progress and follow through, but KOD just hasn't had that. That's not all on Nomo but it's fair to say 2019 was a disappointment for this game.

Reactions: TitanMax

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
this is something I said a long time ago. Renpy doesn't work for this kind of game they have in mind, this large world with several places to visit, RPG combat mechanic, RPG stats, RPG story and so on, for which RPG Maker is ideal and they already had experience with that engine. Even with RPG maker you can customize alot, you can make your own tiles, parallax maps and much more. Renpy is the engine for virtual books that have some kind of branching and just want to tell you an interactive story.
Yeah... the only problem is that most rpgm games feel like they're straight out of the fucking 90s.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
I think it's safe to say that we don't know better, but why does that matter?

Consumers don't have any obligation to provide solutions, we can see problems just fine and the devs superior expertise hasn't stopped them from continuing to provide an inadequate service. Kingdom of Deception has had a pretty awful development, to the point that when I get a steady source of income they're going to be far to the bottom of developers I would support. If I decide to support them at all.

I'm not saying this to be a "hater", it's tragic that KoD's potential may not be fully realized, but it serves no one to pretend that it's not happening.
The perfect balance between the reason and a criticism.
AggressiveLeanArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Does anyone know how to get the tavern girl to actually offer extra drinks? My only option is "Maybe Not now". Ive put up posters in every place I can and talked to the catgirl to find out what the orc Im supposed to kill likes?

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Does anyone know how to get the tavern girl to actually offer extra drinks? My only option is "Maybe Not now". Ive put up posters in every place I can and talked to the catgirl to find out what the orc Im supposed to kill likes?
You have to pay 100 gold to make her offer free drinks, do you have the money too?

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes