TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Indeed. Though I'd imagine the time it comes out is due to which Timezone.

Being that I live in the Future (AKA Australia)... We often get releases that are a 'day' late.

vrew754

Jun 6, 2017
They announced the 7th, right now it is evening of the 6th depending on their exact location. There could be more than a full day till release.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Notice how dead this thread is compared to the past.
When the update was about to come out people were spamming posts like crazy nowadays there're just a few and that's it.
Maybe people just finally realized spam and complaining about patreon dollars doesn't actually positively impact how quickly a game is made and released.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Notice how dead this thread is compared to the past.
When the update was about to come out people were spamming posts like crazy nowadays there're just a few and that's it.
Quite sad but oh well I'm going to beat my meat all the same to the game.
Long gaps of no updates, and the lack of communication breeds indifference. I would wager most people forget it even exists until they see, that an update is out.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
Maybe people just finally realized spam and complaining about patreon dollars doesn't actually positively impact how quickly a game is made and released.
I don't think people ever learn.

Long gaps of no updates, and the lack of communication breeds indifference. I would wager most people forget it even exists until they see, that an update is out.
I'd imagine most lost interest at this point and so did I to a degree but not enough to forget about the game.

Or people are just lurking, checking the thread without needlessly posting like me.
Could be but then why would they do so back then? Interest is just not like before and it's visible on their patreon too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Back and freeze107

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Except the spam posts around updates in the past were mostly "OMG NEW UPDATE", with a relative minority of comments on the time between updates during the days right around releases.

And people will be people endlessly praising or complaining about whatever they like/hate, especially on the internet. Note, I'm no exception to that.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Could be but then why would they do so back then? Interest is just not like before and it's visible on their patreon too.
My guess as to why it happened back then and doesn't now is that back then people still had Noxian Nights in mind when they thought about Hreinn Games, which was (and still is) one of the best h-RPGs imho. So the hype about their new game was big, but KoD just isn't what people hoped for I guess, so the hype stopped.

I personally hope they return to RPGMaker after KoD, not only because I personally enjoy RPGs way more than VNs, but they are way better at making actual playable games and not VNs. Plus, at the start of KoD development they thought about going back to RPGM, and also possibly the LoL-Universe, which I hope they still plan to do.

Shuichi_Akai

Dec 16, 2017
My guess as to why it happened back then and doesn't now is that back then people still had Noxian Nights in mind when they thought about Hreinn Games, which was (and still is) one of the best h-RPGs imho. So the hype about their new game was big, but KoD just isn't what people hoped for I guess, so the hype stopped.

I personally hope they return to RPGMaker after KoD, not only because I personally enjoy RPGs way more than VNs, but they are way better at making actual playable games and not VNs. Plus, at the start of KoD development they thought about going back to RPGM, and also possibly the LoL-Universe, which I hope they still plan to do.
Welp not for me. Im not a great fan of rpgm, cuz they kinda get repetitive after you played some. Kingdom of deception was my first game of hreinn games. It took my interest and right away i fell in love with the game and it's atmosphere. One of my most favorite VNs I've ever played, probably even the best (that's up to the end release).

Reactions: Back

Skarfaze

Aug 28, 2017
The update should see the light of day in around 3 hours, based on the time it released during previous updates.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes