Dragon x Hunter

May 8, 2017
Well, basically all of us are waiting for the update, so, you can always check on the official site as I do, or wait for any post here saying that the new version is up, instead of... you know... asking and making people mad :D

Flyingnixons

Feb 17, 2018
Well, basically all of us are waiting for the update, so, you can always check on the official site as I do, or wait for any post here saying that the new version is up, instead of... you know... asking and making people mad :D
and thats a fact

Jan 18, 2018
My guess as to why it happened back then and doesn't now is that back then people still had Noxian Nights in mind when they thought about Hreinn Games, which was (and still is) one of the best h-RPGs imho. So the hype about their new game was big, but KoD just isn't what people hoped for I guess, so the hype stopped.

I personally hope they return to RPGMaker after KoD, not only because I personally enjoy RPGs way more than VNs, but they are way better at making actual playable games and not VNs. Plus, at the start of KoD development they thought about going back to RPGM, and also possibly the LoL-Universe, which I hope they still plan to do.
I have the same preference. I think if they were to go back to RPGM, given the relative simplicity of creating a game in RPGM rather than a VN (at least from a coding perspective) that might have a positive impact on the timeline between updates. That said, I suspect any of the plans that they might have discussed at that point in development are no longer valid now that Sierra Lee is no longer part of Hreinn Games. Even if they did go back to the LoL-Universe and made an RPGM, I wouldn't expect the same quality as Noxian Nights at this point. The last few updates, since Sierra left, the story has been okay, but not great, and there's not really enough new content to even fully judge given how long it takes for each release and the small amount of content per release.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Maybe some didn't write out of indifference or something similar, but i know i didn't write because i didn't want to accidentally cause a let down to anyone who was hoping that the next post today will already be the update. Til i saw this post i honestly thought that all of us just shared a silent tension as a group.

We still have to wait a few more hours of "today", right?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Either it's rip or it's being released tomorrow
There's a few more hours before the end of the day in US time zones, so they might make it. Though I wonder if they're going to try to claim daylight savings time for it, except that doesn't trigger until 2 AM tomorrow. (Yes the US has the time changes, and they are fucking pointless).

YanChen

Apr 12, 2018
Another day of broken promise. If they were unsure of releasing on their scheduled date, they just could've given us a later release date.

It's like they just made the post to appease the patreons.

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
Don't think it's broken yet, normally they would have announced by now that it's getting delayed.

freeze107

Dec 9, 2016
Ive tried that i get an error when i press bonus gallery.

Code

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'>:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2664, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 661, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1563, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1558, in sizeit
rend = render(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 599, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 724, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Home PC\Desktop\KOD\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.9.1
Sun Mar 08 05:44:20 2020
Post this in the mod thread.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
The_Keegmiester I just looked at both the compressed and Android versions posted by rate61 and there is nothing malicious about them. They are of version 0.9.3 (the version in the OP), presumably because no one else had posted compressed or Android versions.

They're not the new versions and no one is saying they are. I downloaded and virus scanned both of them, they're fine.

Let me know if I'm missing something?

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes