Rule97

May 2, 2018
Any eta on the next update? Also, I('ve heard the main artist for the game changed? Are they working on any project?

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Any eta on the next update? Also, I('ve heard the main artist for the game changed? Are they working on any project?
Not true. The main artist is the leader of the project. If he quits the project is done.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
The artist is unchanged, but the quality is.
They said that the update rolls out "at the first half of this month"

So, maybe around 3rd week of September next year? Remember that Hreinn lives in a time and place different than our own. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
Well honestly I have no idea whats going and how this project has not been dismantled yet.
well unfortunately (or fortunately?) KoD's soul was Sierra Lee. her last game, The Last Sovereign, has like 50 hours of content and she wrote all of that. when Hreinn games started KoD she left TLS on-hold, so u can say she was the sole reason for this game pushing forward. without her? well, the artist doesn't like to admit it but keeping KoD going is extremely hard, almost impossible. at the very least they can't keep the quality as high as before

yawyeetah

Jul 22, 2018
well unfortunately (or fortunately?) KoD's soul was Sierra Lee. her last game, The Last Sovereign, has like 50 hours of content and she wrote all of that. when Hreinn games started KoD she left TLS on-hold, so u can say she was the sole reason for this game pushing forward. without her? well, the artist doesn't like to admit it but keeping KoD going is extremely hard, almost impossible. at the very least they can't keep the quality as high as before
very unfortunate to see that happen to this project, this game is a gem for me

• Sad
Reactions: ronadan

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Well honestly I have no idea whats going and how this project has not been dismantled yet.
If you can keep those who are unaware of this problem and keep covering it from the public eye, then why bother dismantling it?

You may be right, though. Dismantling the whole project and tying up loose ends would be a better alternative in the future for Hreinn. Don't know if they can recover the people's goodwill by starting another project that possibly ended up having the same fate as KOD.

Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

chikipiki

May 18, 2017
If you can keep those who are unaware of this problem and keep covering it from the public eye, then why bother dismantling it?

You may be right, though. Dismantling the whole project and tying up loose ends would be a better alternative in the future for Hreinn. Don't know if they can recover the people's goodwill by starting another project that possibly ended up having the same fate as KOD.
LOL! Just look at their Patreon stats! The majority of their fans don't care how much time they take! One patreon dev (Don't remember who) only released teasers for two years and he still gets over a thousand dollar per month!
I don't think hreinn is going to change. We're going to get one maybe two updates a year with a promise to speeding up their release from the next one. And people will still pay them money for it.

• Haha

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018

Hey, as long as they still make updates I will take what I get. Barely anything comparable out there to KoD.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
LOL! Just look at their Patreon stats! The majority of their fans don't care how much time they take! One patreon dev (Don't remember who) only released teasers for two years and he still gets over a thousand dollar per month!
I don't think hreinn is going to change. We're going to get one maybe two updates a year with a promise to speeding up their release from the next one. And people will still pay them money for it.
from what i gather apparently some if not most of these types of patreon accounts are self payed, the owner with afew friends and smurf accounts inflate the value of their patreon so that it would look like people are backing it to entice others to back it

chikipiki

May 18, 2017
from what i gather apparently some if not most of these types of patreon accounts are self payed, the owner with afew friends and smurf accounts inflate the value of their patreon so that it would look like people are backing it to entice others to back it
Still they have to get enough money to bother to do this over a year.

Reactions: gideon88

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Just as I've said. If you can keep the unawares away from this problem, why bother announcing that you're going to abandon this game for good and call it quits. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: chikipiki

borkenone

Sep 6, 2018
interesting, how do they manage to make that sustainable, if that's the case? since patreon takes a not very small fee from the patronage, moving the money to other bank/paypal accounts linked with those smurf accounts would also require transfer fees.
can that even make those money back?

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes