Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
interesting, how do they manage to make that sustainable, if that's the case? since patreon takes a not very small fee from the patronage, moving the money to other bank/paypal accounts linked with those smurf accounts would also require transfer fees.
can that even make those money back?
its sustainable to a certain point and they just need to gather enough backing by making a decent "early access" to make it seem legit and make people back it even if its the bare minimum as long as a few hundred would back it will be profitable then they would just drip feed updates and ver. of whatever they are making

also why you see certain games just fizzle out after a couple of months to a year coz if they cant get the necessary backing they would just drop the project and start over

Reactions: Fanatic Vortex
Jan 2, 2020
Great to see that the comment section is still a shitshow,welcome aboard new faces,hope you arent of weak heart bc this will hurt.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Great to see that the comment section is still a shitshow,welcome aboard new faces,hope you arent of weak heart bc this will hurt.
Don't worry, been seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly side of this game. Reading all the comments about the devs here has been one of the best pastimes I've had.

May 18, 2020
Well, to achieve a comment section such as this one, you really need to put in a certain kind of effort during development. If all went well, this could be like the thread for Karryn's Prison where the most annoying thing is the 19th time someone asks the same thing about gameplay and not priperly utilizing the search function of the site. Otherwise it is about the anticipation and maybe modding of a game. Blaming "whiny not even patrons" for the tone here is absolute nonsense.

QwertyBam

Aug 5, 2016
Man, Sierra Lee was such a fucking beast. She keeps pumping out her own content like a train, while the three people that replaced her in "Hreinn Games" are not only slow as fuck, but also subpar in quality.

We just didn't know what we had until we lost it.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
I actually think that some of us knew from the engine shift. Not trying to be a rpgmaker elitist but I think that it is kind of silly to run away from a rpg development program that one of the devs has clearly shown themselves to be awesome with, before trying to program similar mechanics into their renpy game, many mechanics that they would often abandon after a single update or two.

Reactions: Iramis
Aug 11, 2020
I actually think that some of us knew from the engine shift. Not trying to be a rpgmaker elitist but I think that it is kind of silly to run away from a rpg development program that one of the devs has clearly shown themselves to be awesome with, before trying to program similar mechanics into their renpy game, many mechanics that they would often abandon after a single update or two.
Their RPG maker game isn't even mediocre. It's just plain bad from design and gameplay point of view. Their swap to Ren'py was a great move because some actual skill went into the design. You do have a point on all the mechanics that got dropped or never used after a few updates.

deadasss

Apr 16, 2019
The saddest part of the whole thing is that we don’t know when or if there will be an update, and any timetable given for a release simply can’t be trusted

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes