voerman

Apr 8, 2020
It doesn't have anything to do with the engine. I've seen devs using Ren'Py giving out updates 10 times faster than some people do with RPGM, and vice versa.

It's about the people working on the game. There's just no management, who the hell knows what these guys are even doing.
Yeah, I was thinking Good Girl Gone Bad is Renpy. Healslut must be Renpy. People do a lot with Renpy - provided they are a people who are working to do a lot.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, I was thinking Good Girl Gone Bad is Renpy. Healslut must be Renpy. People do a lot with Renpy - provided they are a people who are working to do a lot.
Or provided that they are able to work a lot.

I know i'm more lenient with the devs than most people here, but in order to have the possibilities listed i think i have to mention this too.
An experienced programer who works on this game full time could get a lot more done, yet each code-heavy update took a significant amount of time and suffered delays. Naturally this shows a lack of management that much is clear and we can make guesses at the other problems (i have and will continue to do so), but it can also point to the explanation that Hreinn's programer just does not have too much reliable free time to work on this game.

I mean it's not unusual for programers to work overtime and in irregular schedules.

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017
So to brighet up the mood(If it is even possible with the state of the game...) the new update is close to release! What are your thoughts guys what do you hope to see? Do you think that the update will be at least the work of 4 months(There is no way its gonna be the work of 8 as it should be i think thats obvious). What do you think will it be somewhat satisfieing or will it be underwhelming like the recent previous ones? Tell me what you think:)

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Nomo improved some art assets to fix bad-looking scenes from the previous update and prepared some other art assets for repeatable scenes. Beyond that we have no clue if they've actually done much work progressing the story or the subplots.

Joe9ty

Jun 18, 2020
So to brighet up the mood(If it is even possible with the state of the game...) the new update is close to release! What are your thoughts guys what do you hope to see? Do you think that the update will be at least the work of 4 months(There is no way its gonna be the work of 8 as it should be i think thats obvious). What do you think will it be somewhat satisfieing or will it be underwhelming like the recent previous ones? Tell me what you think:)
My expectations are quite low, not because I'm a critic but for me there was a feeling that this game might be added to the growing list of abandoned games showcased on this site and I think that would be a real shame if that's what happened. The scale of the project is massive and I hope they continue to work on it and stay as true as possible to their original intentions. I would like to see sequels and spin offs coming from this game and there is a lot within the storylines and sub-plots that could be developed much further including the whole Minotaur scenario, which would be a lot of fun. If the update exceeds expectations and delivers improved artwork and storyline progression I will become a patreon in the hope Hreinn have overcome whatever issues they seem to have been having. At that point my opinion will count, as at present it counts for zero given I'm just a freeloader enjoying the labours of others, as are the majority of 'contributors' on here atm.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Don't think it will be something that I consider "satisfying," but any scene available in the new update is welcome than another 6 to 10 months of radio silence at this rate.

Reactions: psycohunter96

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Maybe I put it wrong .... It's just that, in fact, they knew how Rpg maker works, but decided to allocate UNKNOWN places for them ... actually, as an example with ONE1, which decided to release the game on Unity and thus stepped on on a rake ... and these are PROFISSIONALS, they have a lot of work behind them and even they make mistakes ... In short, I'm afraid they won't see the release -_- sorry, but I'm a realist and only see that the Author of this project is simply (extorts) people for money ...
I like Noxian Nights, I can return to the game and I don't get bored ... (+ - once a year) ... but this project does not give any emotions -_- And almost always after the update, the game needs to start from the beginning -_- (and this is the biggest drawback of the Renpy engine, it's easier in Rpg M) ...
p.s. Above I made a mistake by naming the engine Rempy (here I am sorry).
Most of us prefer that they show competence, integrity, and professionalism in their work -- but if you can milk the project dry and make people happy at the same time, why bother doing that? Hreinn's been radio silent for most of the year and people still clinging to a false hope that an update soon will arrive.

Hreinn said their latest update for 2021 should be in April, then postponed to May, and from May... now we're in September. That's about five months of work and tonnes of updates, patches, etc. if it were from other developers.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
competence, integrity, and professionalism
That, from some common people? I don't really expect any of that, it's rare to see competence, professionalism is for professionals, and integrity... from such random people? No matter how much you pay, money won't make people create better, it's not the only thing everyone is lacking to become good. You can even say there should be a limit on how much donations they should get until they improve personally. I'm talking obvious flaws here, like being lazy for no reason.

The onlyyyy thing i ever want of them is to just do anything. Be silent, lie, but deliver good stuff. Instead they're probably doing the same as i did once in the college - they have a simple job, like just sit and write for a bit, but instead can't stop spending time on fun, leaving it at the very end of the deadline. No real malicious intent, like stealing your money, and they probably understand well that it's very simple to spend at least hour or two per day, try to, but don't do anything at all, can't collect themself.

Nomo doesn't look like that, at least, because we can see the job being done. Also maybe he knows that counting on them writing would be wrong, so he decided that there's no need to make too much of quality arts for now. I also remembered people have relatives and love interests, and even friends... That's a lotta imperfections that can draw their attention away from the game, having thousands of dollars of income. Or imagine if i'm wrong, and we'll get a v.0.20 right now, 8 hours of new content..!

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
That, from some common people? I don't really expect any of that, it's rare to see competence, professionalism is for professionals, and integrity... from such random people?
can't say I'm not having the same cynical outlook on the matter, but expecting those from the creators of freaking Noxian Nights (one of the better completed 2D western H games) is not that far-fetched. personally I think in the end KoD won't recover from the impact of losing Sierra Lee and Nomo, willing or not, won't be able to continue the project without her. But I'm just a pirate watching things from afar and judging without knowing anything, so I hope to be proven wrong

Reactions: XiortEnSweet

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
I want to be optimistic, I've been supporting KoD nearly from the beginning. But these are the facts:

- Nomo really is a fantastic artist. He deserves credit there, he's one of the best 2D artists I've seen. (..and I've been following erotic art and animation as well as adult games since at least 2014.)
-
Sierra Lee is one of the best erotic writers on the planet. She could be writing fantasy erotic novels and make a killing.
- Despite the game containing no animations and the fact that the protagonists were girls from LoL, Sierra's writing and Nomo's art made Noxian Nights the wonderful game it is.
- Kingdom of Deception started out strong but Sierra Lee left due to "creative differences". The game never recovered. The current writer is simply not even close to SL's league. The main story arc has crawled along at a snail's pace and the character development has been weak. Furthermore, the dialog is weak and immersion-breaking. Too often, characters fail to speak like people in a medieval setting. Instead, they talk like regular people here in the real world in the modern day.
- The devs spend too much time trying to add erotic content and have done almost nothing to advance the story in over a year while most of the side-story arcs have stalled.

In closing, I have lost faith in this project. It is clear now the devs have no idea where to go with the story. There's plenty of erotic content out there, this game isn't worth following nor are updates worth waiting for until the devs get their acts together and find a decent writer.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Despite the game containing no animations and the fact that the protagonists were girls from LoL, Sierra's writing and Nomo's art made Noxian Nights the wonderful game it is.
What do you mean "despite"? That's EXACTLY why it was amazing. Animations are almost always (99 out of 100) cheap loops and in the very best case don't add anything of real value, in the worst case (again, almost always) make it feel cheap and make it look worse. + the protags being girls from League is a big plus.

In any case tho, I hope Sierra and Nomo didn't part ways on negative terms and Nomo can still ask her for some advice, like "Hey sorry to bother, but how would you let this part play out?" or something to that effect. Wonder if Nomo ever thought of that.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I want to be optimistic, I've been supporting KoD nearly from the beginning. But these are the facts:

- Nomo really is a fantastic artist. He deserves credit there, he's one of the best 2D artists I've seen. (..and I've been following erotic art and animation as well as adult games since at least 2014.)
-
Sierra Lee is one of the best erotic writers on the planet. She could be writing fantasy erotic novels and make a killing.
- Despite the game containing no animations and the fact that the protagonists were girls from LoL, Sierra's writing and Nomo's art made Noxian Nights the wonderful game it is.
- Kingdom of Deception started out strong but Sierra Lee left due to "creative differences". The game never recovered. The current writer is simply not even close to SL's league. The main story arc has crawled along at a snail's pace and the character development has been weak. Furthermore, the dialog is weak and immersion-breaking. Too often, characters fail to speak like people in a medieval setting. Instead, they talk like regular people here in the real world in the modern day.
- The devs spend too much time trying to add erotic content and have done almost nothing to advance the story in over a year while most of the side-story arcs have stalled.

In closing, I have lost faith in this project. It is clear now the devs have no idea where to go with the story. There's plenty of erotic content out there, this game isn't worth following nor are updates worth waiting for until the devs get their acts together and find a decent writer.
The decision to slow down the story came just as much from the players as from the devs. At the time a lot of people agreed on this forum too. Somewhere around 0.6 or 0.7 the devs talked about how they wanted to add in new assets into the game and more scenes so they would focus on that instead of the story for the next 3 updates since this was what almost everyone asked them for at that point. Out of this we got the human towns, the groping, the sexy interactions, the art for tentacle monster and minotaurs and lots of set ups for the future.

The only part we didn't know was that it would take so long. After that 0.11 started to move the story forward again, but since the scenes in the story itself focused exclusively on Vehlis most people here didn't even notice that it was the main story and not another side quest.

So shifting the focus from the story was planned. The lower quality / reusable scenes were planned. Returning to the story in 0.11 was planned. Despite everything, this game is moving along the plans that the devs made and the players agreed.

The problem in this regard was the execution and the real world time. 0.7 was the last main story focused update where the orc boss disappeared, with a public release of 2019 january 6 (for patron is was 2018 dec), and the next story patch being 0.11 in the end of 2020 december, that's a massive 2 years of slowdown. Now 0.12 might contain a good amount of story set up, as it was mentioned back in april, but with this added 8, it's been almost 32 months for 2 story patches.

Because of this i do not agree with those who say that the game has gone off tracks or that the devs have no idea about how to go forward, but they do need to improve their execution. I support the reusable art, especially in this improved form and the repeatable scenes, but the story needs to move forward and it has to include good scenes with Sabia naturally. That is not an easy task, but it is necessary.

kailina55

Aug 11, 2018
I used to support them at the start when we were getting regular updates. But at one point they had some sort of emergency and had to delay a release. After this it seems they realized they could do less work and still get the same (or close to) amount of money. Since then the updates have just been taking longer and longer. Maybe if there was something to show for it, like bigger updates or higher quality, then it would be ok. But even this has gone in the opposite direction; when an update does finally roll around it's usually filled with bugs/errors, half baked writing, and lower quality art.

Personally, if I enjoy this update then I'll throw some money at them this month. But staying pledged any longer than a month just seems like a meme right now. If they get back to having regular updates then I'll happily pledge 15 or 25 a month, but for the time being I'd rather put my money towards a project where it actually feels like my dollar is yielding results.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017

-

I wouldn't mind honing my skills in writing erotica if they opened a slot for writers.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
What do you mean "despite"? That's EXACTLY why it was amazing. Animations are almost always (99 out of 100) cheap loops and in the very best case don't add anything of real value, in the worst case (again, almost always) make it feel cheap and make it look worse. + the protags being girls from League is a big plus.

In any case tho, I hope Sierra and Nomo didn't part ways on negative terms and Nomo can still ask her for some advice, like "Hey sorry to bother, but how would you let this part play out?" or something to that effect. Wonder if Nomo ever thought of that.
I'm afraid not. Recalling the discussion in their Discord, there was some 'tension' between them when they parted company. Several patrons joined in the discussion but Nomo and NDS got a little hostile talking about it. They said there was a heated argument and that they strongly opposed what Sierra had planned for the story. Since then, no one feels comfortable bringing up the subject again.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
..i do not agree with those who say that the game has gone off tracks or that the devs have no idea about how to go forward, but they do need to improve their execution. I support the reusable art, especially in this improved form and the repeatable scenes, but the story needs to move forward and it has to include good scenes with Sabia naturally. That is not an easy task, but it is necessary.
I partially disagree about the game being off-track. I do agree they're taking way too long to appease everyone with more sex content. But there are too many parts of the story that have been stalled or abandoned for too long.

- Sabia trying to track down the rest of the Markhor bones.
- Sabia serving in Ornshakar's rituals, presumably as a means to an end to get info about what the shamans are planning.
- Getting info about the fate of the Orc women.
- Discovering what happened to the warchief. (part of the main story plot)

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Personally, if I enjoy this update then I'll throw some money at them this month. But staying pledged any longer than a month just seems like a meme right now. If they get back to having regular updates then I'll happily pledge 15 or 25 a month, but for the time being I'd rather put my money towards a project where it actually feels like my dollar is yielding results.
I was pledging to them for awhile as a 25- and then a 15-dollar supporter. My complaint was that they seemed to put more effort into the patron picks for bonus (non-canon) scenes then on actually advancing the story.

Reactions: rockon123

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
I wouldn't mind honing my skills in writing erotica if they opened a slot for writers.
They could certainly use the help. Even I offered assistance and was turned down (which is fine, of course. Such is life.) Sure, I was disappointed. I've been doing creative writing as a hobby all my life. For the past three or four years I've been running two online erotic role-playing campaigns through Discord and Roll20 using D&D 5e with a fair bit of homebrew. I have several players who have been with me from the beginning who can vouch for my talent.

What frustrates me is that I offered the devs to write for them for free to help with the game's development and they rejected me. Yet here we are, two years later, and the story has stalled with updates taking forever.

Jan 2, 2020
My expectations are quite low, not because I'm a critic but for me there was a feeling that this game might be added to the growing list of abandoned games showcased on this site and I think that would be a real shame if that's what happened. The scale of the project is massive and I hope they continue to work on it and stay as true as possible to their original intentions. I would like to see sequels and spin offs coming from this game and there is a lot within the storylines and sub-plots that could be developed much further including the whole Minotaur scenario, which would be a lot of fun. If the update exceeds expectations and delivers improved artwork and storyline progression I will become a patreon in the hope Hreinn have overcome whatever issues they seem to have been having. At that point my opinion will count, as at present it counts for zero given I'm just a freeloader enjoying the labours of others, as are the majority of 'contributors' on here atm.
FINALLY someone that appreciates the minotaur content and potential,with what we have so far this could be a unique experience.

Jan 2, 2020
I partially disagree about the game being off-track. I do agree they're taking way too long to appease everyone with more sex content. But there are too many parts of the story that have been stalled or abandoned for too long.

- Sabia trying to track down the rest of the Markhor bones.
- Sabia serving in Ornshakar's rituals, presumably as a means to an end to get info about what the shamans are planning.
- Getting info about the fate of the Orc women.
- Discovering what happened to the warchief. (part of the main story plot)
True but lets not forgett about the feud between the captains that isn't even close to the climax,the final/end is 1000 years further.
-Neve subplot,she has given the impression and hints that she seeks something and maybe Sabia is the key to it?
-Catgirls which at first and from what i heard, they had a bigger role
-Sabia independent and Djaab path
-We get a scene of Sabia's mom forcing a minotaur and elf to have sex,they are forced to do something and we still have no hint what,the elf appears in the orc camp sub plot but briefly.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes