nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Here's my mini review of the update:
I thought all the stuff in the town was pretty bad. Humans are the least interesting part of the game, and the writing here seemed worse than normal. It also looked like it was full of unfinished placeholder assets - reusing one of the npc human townspeople portraits, the two recoloured thug portraits, and just straight up using the brown purple orc hands for their groping mini-scenes instead of taking a moment to fix that. If you told me that this had been put together at extremely short notice I would believe you.
The stuff in the orc camp was much better, it reminded me of one of the older updates before things started branching out all over the map. We've finally gotten back to the tents and the status quo has actually changed a little bit. I mostly liked the scenes, even if the repeating art still doesn't look great.
Also adding a quest log is great, the game has desperately needed this for a long time. If this had come out in a resonable update time I'd probably give it a 5/10.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
If the part about "half of the art we did didn't even make it into the update" is true, then I'll atleast excuse Nomo. While yes, he did lower his standards and, according to his own statement, "went hard" into investing in lower quality art (repeatables) he atleast does his job, which is creating the art which we all play the game for.

The other members of the team tho... I feel like Nomo is being scammed and/or doesn't care.

I don't have much experience in neither programming nor writing, (I mean actually writing stuff down. In my head I have 1000 possible stories that just wait to get written down, but alas, I'm lazy af) but if the art gets done faster than the writing, then you're either lazy as fuck or know that you can get away with not working on it at all.

And maybe I'm wrong here, but the programmer doesn't have much to do outside of adding the art+writing into the game at this stage of the game right? I mean, the systems are all in place and the infrastructure of the game is set. There's no excuse in the world for not having all scenes (that are done on the art side of things) in the game yet. And after almost another year between updates, you (the programmer) have the audacity to even make simple mistakes like forgetting to put an image in the correct place or not linking it correctly (wrong name in the folder / wrong name in the code)? The update was delayed by half a year and not only is NOT EVEN HALF of the updates' content in the game, the parts that ARE in do include major (but simple) mistakes like this?

I know neither Nomo nor the other two watch this forum (And with good reason probably). But ffs Nomo if this message ever reaches you, you probably have a better chance of turning this sinking ship around solo than with these apes on your team.

Edit : This time I really am pissed. Pathetic.

Cormac

May 18, 2017
Finished the update, it made me realize...its time to move on. I have reached state of zen, there is no game anymore. I am at peace, farewell fellow shitposters. KOD is dead.
I hate to admit it, but it's true, the game isn't going to be what the guys had planned in the beginning, and it's far from Noxian Nights. I, in place of the devs, had already canceled it and planned something better, because they clearly don't know what else to do.
An example of this is art, look what it was in the beginning and look at what they've given us now, it's deplorable

Reactions: rockon123

aa14

Jul 1, 2017
Yikes. The results of the past half year of work are paltry. They needed to cut the human stuff mostly out of the story and focus on main quest orc stuff. They appear to have zero focus on actually finishing the game. Those patch notes were cringey to read. Promising quicker updates with more content for the nth time... o_O

kilik

Aug 9, 2017
got stuck in "bar groupe" chapter ,the chapter starts,but when the first orc apear,the game says the next error:

While loading <'Image' u'scenes/sabiabargropeA/sabiabargropeA (1).jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'scenes/sabiabargropeA/sabiabargropeA (1).jpg'.

after ignoring it i cant continue the scenes,working at the bar again,or in the next day just goes as nathing hapened and the quest dont start.
any way to replace that missing images?t

Edit:going the quest in an older version now (0.11.5) ,at least it have the files,and gonna trasfer to 0.12 after ending the quest

Last edited:

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Hopefully, this pathetic update will be the final nail in this game's coffin, but I doubt it. It's obvious they don't give a shit about their 1000 patrons, if they think this is acceptable to release after 8+ months of idleness. Just take Nomo's art, make it into a comic and you'll have a better product than the current state of KoD.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
It's not so much that I didn't enjoy the update in itself. Rather that this update was maybe 1-3 months worth of old hreinngames and it's been in the works for almost a year, with multiple delays and STILL half the content isn't even in and the stuff that's there has bugs and a few coding mistakes that cause crashes.

I hope people in the discord server aren't sucking their dick and express disappointment.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
At least on patreon, the supporters don't seem to be happy since they haven't gotten a single like since the initial release.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Outside of the 3-4 times, can you do the town scenes again? If not, I don't think they realize what repeatable scenes mean.

On top of that, what was going on with the sub route this update? You get a couple of choices to go along with them and they fuck you, but Sabia acts like she's getting raped.

On the other hand in the dom route they barely fuck you, except for the last scene where the guy acts like an idiot and the positioning is different. I guess dom is in the literal sense.

But still, the art itself was hot as fuck. I really liked the way Sabia lays on the bed in the town scenes. It's just the dialogue messes it up for me a bit.

I wish it was more like the tent scenes with the prisoners where you can choose between fucking the orcs or not and if you choose to Sabia actually enjoys it during the dialogue aswell. She can still be sub and enjoy it, but there was none of that here, which prompted me to use the jmod to check out the dom versions but those were completely different altogether.

Reactions: Jinsoyun

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
Not all is bad though as they've at least set a new record when it comes to the longest release of an update.
Beating thier previous achievement of 9 months for a single update by one whole month...!
Their record as of now is 10 months of "development" of a single update.
Since you gotta keep aiming for new heights, they'll try to go for a whole year next time.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes