Jan 15, 2021
I keep crashing everytime I try to view the bar groping scene, any help?
Same problem

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'scenes/sabiabargropeA/sabiabargropeA (1).jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'scenes/sabiabargropeA/sabiabargropeA (1).jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpyc", line 1120, in script call
  File "02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpyc", line 5047, in script call
  File "Hentai_Scenes.rpyc", line 824, in script
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\PcX\Downloads\Kingdom_of_Deception_0.12.1\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'scenes/sabiabargropeA/sabiabargropeA (1).jpg'.

WinPcX
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.12.0
Non Non 00 00:00:00 2021
[/CODE]
I fixed it by unpacking all the files from the maingame with Unren by the way.

chief1045

Jul 1, 2018
keep getting the game over with Vehlis Recue Storyline, even follow the walkthrough and try and do it before the third day as instructed. as it be a bad end if you don't, thus making all of her imprison scenes unreachable without failing.

any idea what i'm doing wrong? i'm am also unable to get a potion before doing the rescue for some reason too.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Following the walkthrough and ignoring the steps of using the magic spying stone, you can get the potion unlocked by investigating the areas listed or all of them and then discuss them with Alioch, opening the option to buy the potion needed to successfully rescue her. In short, everywhere must be investigated and discussed, but not go back there to spy with the Magic Stone as it require a rest to recharge it. And since there a scene that automatically occurs on Day 3, you'll know if you've rested too much.

Last edited:

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
keep getting the game over with Vehlis Recue Storyline, even follow the walkthrough and try and do it before the third day as instructed. as it be a bad end if you don't, thus making all of her imprison scenes unreachable without failing.

any idea what i'm doing wrong? i'm am also unable to get a potion before doing the rescue for some reason too.
Yeah I spent like an hour on that trying to get trough without walkthrough.
Key steps after you killed some guards is go to tavern, ask innkeep -> ask about sabias friend -> discuss leads with alioch / investigation at tavern - > you can now ask apothecary about potions which you need to not have game over.

Then the not potion related necessary steps are: keep, talk to cook, talk to alioch about it, activate salsaqrunas at keep, talk to alioch about it, (rest) activate it at keep again, talk to alioch about it again, investigate jasmines quarters at keep. If you have potions you can now rescue vehlis.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
Sure funny to read some of the older reviews, praising this game to heaven and back.
Yeah, It's impossible to understand why some people keep praising this game and the devs even though it's less that a mediocre mess that has already taken far too long for almost no worthwhile content.

Aug 12, 2018
The game for itself is still one of the best, especially if you are completely new to it. Story is great, main character is great, side characters are great, the lewd scenes are great, many hours of amusement and sore wrists, and so on... it's only the abasement of the development that pulls you the wrinkles out of your sack.

Or in short: Game is good. Devs are shit.

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah, It's impossible to understand why some people keep praising this game and the devs even though it's less that a mediocre mess that has already taken far too long for almost no worthwhile content.
because theres nothing wrong with the game? sure it could be better but at the end of the day literallly 99% of the complaints are development time/delay related

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
because theres nothing wrong with the game? sure it could be better but at the end of the day literallly 99% of the complaints are development time/delay related
That's the principle problem. It should not have taken 4 years to reach this much progress in the game's development.

Feb 27, 2017
That's the principle problem. It should not have taken 4 years to reach this much progress in the game's development.
I think everyone agrees on that point but what I'm saying is to separate the development, developers and the game

you can take issue with all three individually but the point remains, the overwhelming criticism I have seen on this thread is due to delays and development time, the game and its content has been met with pretty positive reviews and as far as I know no one is attacking the devs on their character, claiming they're scammers or bad people just slow as fuck

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
No dig at the development speed, glass houses and all, but...

Yea those Bris training Sabia scenes could've been by far the best scenes in the game, but for some god forsaken reason it has to be in this style. Did Nomo ever drop a reason for why he chose to repeatables in this style? Because as far as I can see, noone likes them and it's still taking them almost a year for an update, so might aswell do all the scenes the usual way.

Again, if most of the things Nomo said is true, then he could make EVERY SINGLE SCENE in his usual style and he'd still be miles ahead on their current update times. There's just no reason to make these low quality when the art isn't the bottleneck for update speeds. As you can see, Nomo can sacrifice everything and make the good scenes look dogshit to pump them out faster and they're still behind schedule because the programmer and the writer are, sorry, god fucking awful at their job and IDK what kind of work they presented to convince Nomo that they were even remotely competent.

I don't know if Nomo doesn't get it, but pumping out art faster isn't the solution when your writer takes 1 month per scene and the programmer another month to implement them, you can take all the fucking time in the world for each scene and still be faster than them.

At this point i'm not even mad about the updates, the lack thereof or the content in them. No. At this point I just want NDS and Monsinne gone. The writing is average, could be done by anyone who thinks of themselves as somewhat of a writer. The programming... Almost a year, HALF of it was DELAYS and you still managed to BREAK UNTOUCHED EARLYGAME CONTENT? That's not even the worst part. Incompetence is one thing. Mediocre quality is one thing. Taking long for updates is one thing. But when the updates get delayed for almost half a year due to incompetence and after almost an entire year with said delays the end-result is mediocre at best, then you're in the wrong job because at this point it's not lack of skill it's the lack of giving a single fuck about the game.

Someone with at least a little bit of passion would've learned using Renpy, create the same update with next to no bugs and probably more content in the time it took you to do nothing but implement art&writing.

/rant

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I think everyone agrees on that point but what I'm saying is to separate the development, developers and the game

you can take issue with all three individually but the point remains, the overwhelming criticism I have seen on this thread is due to delays and development time, the game and its content has been met with pretty positive reviews and as far as I know no one is attacking the devs on their character, claiming they're scammers or bad people just slow as fuck
Except that there's also been a LOT of complaints about the quality of the repeatable scenes art, as well as the quality of the writing. I personally skipped playing the actual game for something like 2 years, just looked at the scenes (yay JDmod). I decided to play this release, and yeah the writing has taken a noticeable nosedive. Not just from Sierra leaving, but all the updates from that point on.

Then there's all the side characters, story lines, and gameplay elements they added that were abandoned / forgotten about (remember the 1-2 updates where raids were a thing. Not saying it was a good system, just that it's been left out forever).

So yeah, the content of the game isn't doing great either, and people have noticed that. It's not just the development speed and lack of communication that leads to people complaining.

And I feel like I have to say this every time I post, due to some people claiming "If you're not paying you can't complain". I was a supporter back in the days of NN. I stopped support for them during the break between NN and KoD, mainly because I wasn't sure about the game concept of KoD from their announcement. I was actually a vocal supporter and (honestly) an apologist for them early on (I kacked the money to support them at that point). I've obviously changed my mind, seeing how shitty both the development issues and game contents have become.

Feb 27, 2017
Except that there's also been a LOT of complaints about the quality of the repeatable scenes art, as well as the quality of the writing. I personally skipped playing the actual game for something like 2 years, just looked at the scenes (yay JDmod). I decided to play this release, and yeah the writing has taken a noticeable nosedive. Not just from Sierra leaving, but all the updates from that point on.

Then there's all the side characters, story lines, and gameplay elements they added that were abandoned / forgotten about (remember the 1-2 updates where raids were a thing. Not saying it was a good system, just that it's been left out forever).

So yeah, the content of the game isn't doing great either, and people have noticed that. It's not just the development speed and lack of communication that leads to people complaining.

And I feel like I have to say this every time I post, due to some people claiming "If you're not paying you can't complain". I was a supporter back in the days of NN. I stopped support for them during the break between NN and KoD, mainly because I wasn't sure about the game concept of KoD from their announcement. I was actually a vocal supporter and (honestly) an apologist for them early on (I kacked the money to support them at that point). I've obviously changed my mind, seeing how shitty both the development issues and game contents have become.
I agree with all your points and maybe its just cause most games on here suck but I would say relatively its still good, not great like NN or what it should be but still good, people saying it sucks etc are just mad its not as good as it was

only a handful of games get me excited when they release an update and KoD is one of them, people asking how can it still get good reviews is crazy, especially considering the crap that gets 5 stars

Reactions: gideon88
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes