MingXiao

Aug 9, 2021
Do we have a GigaChadDrawingAndy here that can just talk with Nomo and send CG backgrounds to speed up the process?

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
One should perhaps disassociate the first and latter halves of the game and almost think of them as two different projects, and make any comments or criticisms of the game moving forward accordingly without bemoaning the loss of Sierra as that would perhaps be more useful and engaging.
tho I'm thankful for your information, I disagree on this point. you can't divide a project because the new member can't keep up with his/her predecessor. people loved G.R.R Martin's writing for the early seasons of GoT. when season 8 came out, fans were rightfully furious because of the quality of new writing (without Martin's books as a reference). you can't tell me that reaction at the time wasn't justified.
the problem with the current writing is the same. no one wants to insult Monsinne. we (as disappointed fans) just declare that Sierra Lee's writing was superior and Nomo couldn't replace her. "bemoaning Sierra's loss" is not necessarily a bad thing: it's a reflection of the state the game is in right now and how we think we can help Nomo understand the problem. no, it's not "more useful and engaging" to not compare Monsinne's writhing to Sierra's. at least not for fans. people have the right to ask for high-quality stuff and because we know Hreinn games CAN provide that, it's totally justified

LoveWhores

May 25, 2018
Ah damn guess I gotta see if I even have a save all the way back then cause I chose recruited catgirls
Well,yes i think for the content with Bris you should do that! Anyway - to start Bris content first you need to complete all the stuff for Vehlis and later after that speak again with her so she can decide to invest and support Sabia's tents/brothel ! If you already finished the quest where Sabia need to rescue Vehlis,then try go to sleep and after Sabia is awake she will find a letter from Alioch(Vehlis's elf) and then she will know she need to visit Vehlis - then go speak with Vehlis and you will start the new quest for her! Like i say before,there is a lot content in that new mission for Vehlis and only when you complete the whole mission you can go to speak again with Vehlis and start the new mission where she will decide to invest in Sabia's tents/brothel and then Sabia will speak with Bris about that (Bris content) but first you need to finish the other mission with the letter from Alioch and after speaking with Vehlis visiting Avion city!

Reactions: Enigmanic

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
... to start Bris content first you need to complete all the stuff for Vehlis and later after that speak again with her so she can decide to invest and support Sabia's tents/brothel ! ...
You also need to do all the stuff with Kia (the markhor). She recruits Sabia's help with the tentacle monster. This leads to Bris blackmailing Sabia if you have more sub than dom points.

Joe9ty

Jun 18, 2020
I've just finished playing v0-12-1 of the game and I must say I was relatively happy with what I saw. I think the redesigned armour is a big improvement. The first version was a little too hill-walker esque and I found I wasted time switching to sexier armour when Sabia didn't need to wear it. Thankfully she looks good in all her outfits, although the rags aren't great, but then, they are rags!!!! I played on a general Dom route (with some slight deviation when it suited me) and I think as the game progresses that's the only way to play the game if it's to remain credible as a storyline. I like the Dom/Sub option as a concept but for me for this to work the Sub route need to take a different direction, otherwise it's just a slow route to a bad ending. For example if Sabia is dominating lower level orcs to do her bidding then it's hardly credible that her outcomes will be as good if she is submitting and 'acting' as a puppet for those same orcs in the sub route. If on the other hand her sub route takes her to working under one of the 3 captains and eventually the War-Chief himself doing their bidding but still elevated above the ordinary orc, then that is of course progression., however that storyline looks rather different. Overall though for an update in isolation, I think it was a good one. Yes, it took too long for it to come but we have all said that for months and I think to continue to judge it negatively because of delays becomes counter-productive and ignores the good work that has been done. The story progression was acceptable and the repeatable scenes with Bris are very good. I really like the direction the Dom route took with that particular sub-plot. I'll replay the game with a sub leaning approach so I can view the remainder of the new scenes and of course to watch Sabia get railed, but for me this game only really makes sense if you play it with a domination style approach. I'll wait to see what cut scenes are added in the coming weeks and if I like what I see I'll sign up to their patreon.

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
ronadan - I hear you, and I understand that you don't believe the current writing team -- Monsinne primarily under Nomo's direction -- provides the same quality as KoD's original writer, Sierra. And you'd be correct. The avenues of how the story goes and its plot progression (along with meaningful mechanics that doesn't become irrelevant later) have clearly become more limited. Again, I appreciate your comment, but let me expand a bit of what I mean.

Remember, in regards to the story, that was intentional. Hreinn Games once stated, "We [spent] a lot of time remaking and writing the plans, story lines and lore and rewriting it in a new format" after Serra's departure. Nomo, the project's lead, understands the issue that some people have in the writing department (let alone other aspects like the art) and even requested that folks shouldn't be too harsh with how things were in comparison to when Sierra was still around. If it was all the same people that worked on a project and it took a significant "nosedive" in its quality (as others have put it) from before, then full-on and respectful criticism is justified. However, I think a little reprieve is in order and reasonable here regarding the writing as this is a much more unusual case versus other adult gaming projects found around out there. These teams are small -- very often just a single person -- so a significant change to team members will inevitably have massive repercussions as is in the case with Hreinn Games.

people have the right to ask for high-quality stuff and because we know Hreinn games CAN provide that
Y'see here, that's just the thing. They simply can't in respect to the writing; at least, not in the same way as before. I want to believe that Monsinne is doing his best (with the help of NDS) while following what Nomo wants from him. But you can't expect him to rise to the level or at least take on the same style and writing acumen as Sierra while also being gated from certain things and having less freedom as the former OG member. That's like fans asking you to take over Sir Terry Pratchett's mantle and continue the Discworld series without any of his notes and do so in the same approach and quality as the deceased author and not in your own way. It simply won't do nor be the same. So let's politely set aside Sierra's part, and not downplay Monsinne's contributions to KoD, and judge the writing and any issues with the plot with him at the helm moving forward.

The thing is, most of us who have played the game and followed the thread for any length of time already KNOW that there is a distinct change in the game's writing from the earlier parts of the game to the latter half of the game which have been in development for far longer. With utmost respect and in my humble opinion, it's just not constructive to continue beating that dead horse. The players and the development team already know about it. Here's the rub, we can't ask Hreinn Games to emulate Sierra completely. That's, quite frankly, unfair to Monsinne. After all, he didn't have to help out and deal with mess left behind and join Hreinn Games in the first place, and much of the flak he's getting is really undeserved. I'm thankful that KoD didn't just up and die when Sierra left. See if anyone else would step up, be accepted by Nomo, and do any better.

TL;DR *** Thus, is it really unreasonable to look at the writing and its story progression of KoD from the point where Monsinne became the principle writer in 2018 and judge them on their own merits moving forward? Is that ask too much? ***

Players have already acknowledged and thanked Sierra's part and the large role she played in KoD's early development, but she's been long gone. Let's give where credit is due and offer healthy, constructive criticisms moving forward. Bear in mind, Hreinn Games have many issues such as being less than forthcoming in their infrequent communications to their patrons, but all I'm talking about here is how we should look at the writing since the team's reshuffling of its members with Sierra's departure. That's the part I'm more interested in as development of KoD continues -- what's happening now; not what happened then.

Alrighty ladies and gents, be safe and take care of one another. Cheers!

Sep 12, 2021
I released version 0.12.1 of my walkthrough as Early Access for my patrons. In 7 days it will become public and available for everyone. You can check it out here:
Thank you, good sir. Your work saves us from unnecessary wandering around the locations.

Reactions: JohnDupont

saint751

Dec 25, 2017
ronadan - I hear you, and I understand that you don't believe the current writing team -- Monsinne primarily under Nomo's direction -- provides the same quality as KoD's original writer, Sierra. And you'd be correct. The avenues of how the story goes and its plot progression (along with meaningful mechanics that doesn't become irrelevant later) have clearly become more limited. Again, I appreciate your comment, but let me expand a bit of what I mean.

Remember, in regards to the story, that was intentional. Hreinn Games once stated, "We [spent] a lot of time remaking and writing the plans, story lines and lore and rewriting it in a new format" after Serra's departure. Nomo, the project's lead, understands the issue that some people have in the writing department (let alone other aspects like the art) and even requested that folks shouldn't be too harsh with how things were in comparison to when Sierra was still around. If it was all the same people that worked on a project and it took a significant "nosedive" in its quality (as others have put it) from before, then full-on and respectful criticism is justified. However, I think a little reprieve is in order and reasonable here regarding the writing as this is a much more unusual case versus other adult gaming projects found around out there. These teams are small -- very often just a single person -- so a significant change to team members will inevitably have massive repercussions as is in the case with Hreinn Games.

Y'see here, that's just the thing. They simply can't in respect to the writing; at least, not in the same way as before. I want to believe that Monsinne is doing his best (with the help of NDS) while following what Nomo wants from him. But you can't expect him to rise to the level or at least take on the same style and writing acumen as Sierra while also being gated from certain things and having less freedom as the former OG member. That's like fans asking you to take over Sir Terry Pratchett's mantle and continue the Discworld series without any of his notes and do so in the same approach and quality as the deceased author and not in your own way. It simply won't do nor be the same. So let's politely set aside Sierra's part, and not downplay Monsinne's contributions to KoD, and judge the writing and any issues with the plot with him at the helm moving forward.

The thing is, most of us who have played the game and followed the thread for any length of time already KNOW that there is a distinct change in the game's writing from the earlier parts of the game to the latter half of the game which have been in development for far longer. With utmost respect and in my humble opinion, it's just not constructive to continue beating that dead horse. The players and the development team already know about it. Here's the rub, we can't ask Hreinn Games to emulate Sierra completely. That's, quite frankly, unfair to Monsinne. After all, he didn't have to help out and deal with mess left behind and join Hreinn Games in the first place, and much of the flak he's getting is really undeserved. I'm thankful that KoD didn't just up and die when Sierra left. See if anyone else would step up, be accepted by Nomo, and do any better.

TL;DR *** Thus, is it really unreasonable to look at the writing and its story progression of KoD from the point where Monsinne became the principle writer in 2018 and judge them on their own merits moving forward? Is that ask too much? ***

Players have already acknowledged and thanked Sierra's part and the large role she played in KoD's early development, but she's been long gone. Let's give where credit is due and offer healthy, constructive criticisms moving forward. Bear in mind, Hreinn Games have many issues such as being less than forthcoming in their infrequent communications to their patrons, but all I'm talking about here is how we should look at the writing since the team's reshuffling of its members with Sierra's departure. That's the part I'm more interested in as development of KoD continues -- what's happening now; not what happened then.

Alrighty ladies and gents, be safe and take care of one another. Cheers!
I can see your side of the argument. It would be a lot easier to take the change in quality if it hadn't happened right in the middle of the story. There's nothing anybody can do about that though and I want to see the project continue, obviously.

I'm not asking Monsinne to copy Sierra's style of writing. That'd be unfair. I'm asking for him to put a bit more thought into the scenarios. It's clear that he has to work with certain constraints and Nomo probably isn't willing to do completely different scenes depending on what path the player follows. However, better plotting costs nothing but a little time and inspiration. I think even working with the scenes we got in this update, there would have probably been ways to make them fit better and be intriguing, on top of arousing.
I like a sex scene well enough, but what I liked about this game was that the sex furthered the plot and had implications for the characters beyond them being covered in cum afterwards. Sometimes it even showed character arcs and relationship development. (Here I'll actually compliment Monsinne on keeping Neve and Sabia's relationship fun in the way Sierra set up.)

I don't know if they're following a roadmap for the story, but if they are, maybe it would make sense to plan the erotic scenes out further in advance too. From my limited experience with creative writing, the geers in the back of your head start turning and you have a better handle on the scenarios you're writing, if you know they're coming further in advance.
Too much of KoD now feels like they went with the first ideas they got and the dialogue also seems like a first draft. And that's pretty disappointing, given how much time they have between updates.

Reactions: Cleaner20 and Back

Lucas90251

Dec 2, 2017
okay i just restarted to the point where sabia enslaved the catgirls and did all the quests up to freeing vehlis but im still not getting any bris content can anyone help me out here is my save

Reactions: JasDoc

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
okay i just restarted to the point where sabia enslaved the catgirls and did all the quests up to freeing vehlis but im still not getting any bris content can anyone help me out here is my save
Without looking at the save, you need to follow the sidequest involving Kia and the tentacle monster.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
i did that sidequest its the one where tentacle and kia gets on bris right?
Yes. Depending on whether you are sub or dom, this opens up the Bris content. Either Bris blackmails Sabia or else Sabia puts Bris in her place.
Keep exploring around for a couple days and check back with Bris and the tentacle monster.

Lucas90251

Dec 2, 2017
Yes. Depending on whether you are sub or dom, this opens up the Bris content. Either Bris blackmails Sabia or else Sabia puts Bris in her place.
Keep exploring around for a couple days and check back with Bris and the tentacle monster.
i am doing a sub playthrough i did make a deal with the shaman does that change anything? and i check backed with the tentacle monster kia is not there its just talking to the tentacle monster and asking about the fence

kailina55

Aug 11, 2018
Pretty disappointing to see there wasn't any new minotaur content after they teased the release with a pic of minotaur groping Sab's ass...
Finally seeing some more stuff in the tents is definitely welcome, but the human stuff was a bore. Don't think anyone plays a game like this for human/human content.
Not really seeing any justification for this patch taking 7 months... we got, what, 3 new scenes? (not including the mini scenes that were just reused assets)... and I'm not bashing on the repeatable mini scenes, I think they make the game better overall. But a bunch of variations of the same scene with plus or minus 1 orc shouldn't be a reason we get less full scenes... especially not after 7 months. That's not to mention the multiple errors I got on my playthrough of the new content.
Attaching a full save if anyone cares. Should hopefully have all scenes in the gallery unlocked. Mine are all unlocked but I'm not sure if sharing 1 save will unlock them all for others as well, since it takes multiple saves to unlock everything.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes