Rebeln

Apr 6, 2018
My bros if you kept to timeframes you'd probably be making way more money on your crowd funding just saying.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
My bros if you kept to timeframes you'd probably be making way more money on your crowd funding just saying.
Well duh, that's why i'm sure they're just being lazy, not greedy. With greedy dev you would've been getting all the beautifully written promises and new versions full of nothing. They probably have no inspiration for anything, and what makes it worse is people supporting that with free donations - overdonating is killing them, they get no reason to try and continue, try to find something that will inspire, since it's already way more than what they need, and any reward for work will feel insignificant. Guys need to have some character development before getting so much, if you ask me, and money do them only harm, both in Kingdom of Deception and their personalities.

bitchass92

Dec 11, 2020
Well duh, that's why i'm sure they're just being lazy, not greedy. With greedy dev you would've been getting all the beautifully written promises and new versions full of nothing. They probably have no inspiration for anything, and what makes it worse is people supporting that with free donations - overdonating is killing them, they get no reason to try and continue, try to find something that will inspire, since it's already way more than what they need, and any reward for work will feel insignificant. Guys need to have some character development before getting so much, if you ask me, and money do them only harm, both in Kingdom of Deception and their personalities.
isn't it only a few k split between like 3 dudes? I think it's like 1k each no?

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I mean, getting 1k, doing nothing, probably also being a student or living with parents? That's more than enough, and what's not enough they can just gain by working a little bit. Also imagine if Nomo is getting a bigger cut? Which is why he's working, and others don't feel like it? Too much money, too much freedom, not enough motivation...

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Well, it was quite a bit more back in 2018, peaking at $7000. That was when they were (publicly) only a 2 member team, and when the game was in early development (IE still fairly quick updates). So, even if it was split 3 ways, having a better release schedule and content would get more cash per month based on their history.

What it is now is that they can basically slack off, release literally nothing (no news or updates) for months and still make money. At this point it's effectively a passive income source for them most of the time, they do nothing and still get cash.

bitchass92

Dec 11, 2020
Yeah fair enough, regardless I dont agree with their ethics, whether stemming from laziness or milking but I wasn't sure if it was enough to even make ends meet.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Yeah fair enough, regardless I dont agree with their ethics, whether stemming from laziness or milking but I wasn't sure if it was enough to even make ends meet.
Well, that depends. For example i remember hearing that their programmer lives around the west coast of the american continent. That involves places like California, where even for minimal work, 1k a month for a programmer isn't even worth considering. On the other hand in a lot of south american countries $1k a month could be more than what most jobs can offer as i've heard.

Similarly i recall someone mentioning that Nomo lives somewhere in eastern europe (which is not great at the moment) and there are several countries in the region where this would be a very decent salary, even above average in some areas.

Reactions: Enigmanic
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes