Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
People here are just overthinking stuff talking about remaking the project and so. Remaking the project won't make it better, heck it would just give Nomo a free pass to milk the patrons for a year or more. So, either finish it or drop it and looking at how far we are in the game, the better course is to finish this project then pass to another one. Nomo has an overall goal in mind, but the management they have right now kinda suck, because every update is delayed to hell and back and when it comes it's small, unfulfilling and meh.

I don't like to point finger but Nomo fucked his own game, because Sierra was no longer holding him back on his most bad ideas. So the state we have right is at least 80% Nomo's fault since he is probably forcing his ideas on the other two. Because of this, we have nonexistent updates, awful writing and progression and the only quality that remained is the art work. So we all just need to hold up to what we have because it's not going to change... at least it's free for us here.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
Exactly. Noxian Nights failed miserably on that point: poorly designed maps, lots of useless walking, empty world, terrible battles and balancing. Kingdom of Deception is a huge step up from Noxian Nights in my opinion and I think they should keep making games in Ren'Py. And I say that without even considering how outdated the RPGmaker engine is compared to Ren'Py.
What? I found Noxian Nights to be a great game overall, not just for the lewd content. It has small well designed maps, every corner has a purpose, which area did you think was empty? As someone who has played many RPGM games it has efficient maps and I didn't really feel like I was walking uselessly overall. Unless you find any sort of walking useless in which case that's your problem. The battles were also fun, I found it challenging at certain moments in my first playthrough but never overly tedious which is what I generally seek and many games here are missing. I liked the variety of bosses and such.

Kingdom of Deception may be a step up in terms of art quality, in every other respect it failed to impress me personally. I found it had potential and interesting set ups but overall direction was kind of disappointing but that's just my personal taste, may not be the case for everyone.

Reactions: bitchass92

Snowmanly

Dec 24, 2018
The last update literally doubled the scenes of the game. Get a grip people. They have bad management, and they are obviously milking it, but if you discredit the devs for every update, just don't play the game. Be mature people and move on. I don't understand wtf the outrage is.

When you don't like something - don't pay for it, don't play it, don't talk about it. Simple economy. The forever moaners here that just keep on bitching about how the update is slogging, that there is no content etc, etc, etc - wtf are you here for damn. There are other games, other studios. There has to be something you like. Go and support it and let the project die and move on, or stop repeating the same circlejerk bs that this forum's been seeing for probably the last 30 pages or so. And I mean the huge ones.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
The last update literally doubled the scenes of the game. Get a grip people. They have bad management, and they are obviously milking it, but if you discredit the devs for every update, just don't play the game. Be mature people and move on. I don't understand wtf the outrage is.

When you don't like something - don't pay for it, don't play it, don't talk about it. Simple economy. The forever moaners here that just keep on bitching about how the update is slogging, that there is no content etc, etc, etc - wtf are you here for damn. There are other games, other studios. There has to be something you like. Go and support it and let the project die and move on, or stop repeating the same circlejerk bs that this forum's been seeing for probably the last 30 pages or so. And I mean the huge ones.
I really question your definition of doubling...

And, I've said this a long time ago in the thread, but people can say what they want. If any negative opinions are told "go away, shut up, don't pay, quit complaining" you end up with a circlejerk of nothing but praise. Both are bad, and yeah this forum tends towards the negative / pessimistic side of the opinions posted. People love to commiserate and bitch about things. At work, you bitch about the customers, the boss, the one coworker, whatever. Why do that? Nothing going to change by complaining about it right? Just get a different job or shut up. Except it's never really that bad, and the bitching is a way to let off steam. Everyone does it, and this thread is no different.

I personally (generally) like the art, and until (relatively) recently the writing was at least decent on the submissive side (from good to a long slide downward). But there are a lot of legit complaints. I see it as Hreinn had a lot of potential, NN was great (outside of some RPGMaker issues) and as such there was a lot of hype about KoD. Then the issues grew with them, and people are lamenting over what could have been if they kept to the (rosy viewpoint) of what they used to be like.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
stop repeating the same circlejerk bs that this forum's been seeing for probably the last 30 pages or so.
Now that i think about it, considering that many things are fetish-able, maybe there is something like a fetish on circlejerking? That would explain a whole lot of mystery around...

Reactions: Dante477

heehatatt

Jun 2, 2017
Hard to not shit on the game when every update for the past 2+ years has been delayed. the last update wasn't even "finished" according to hreinn as some repeatable scenes were cut.

Not accounting for delays the rate at which content is being released is just abysmal, go to hf/artist patreons and see how many pictures+variants a single one of them churns out, compared to what hrein delivers in their 6-8 month update cycle. Go to a text based game and see how many scenes they churn out compared to what hreinn delivers.

zerojack123

Sep 6, 2018
Man wish they released content more often, would definitely sub to patron if they did.
This is what happens when developers become too ambitious. Seen too many developers who plan out too many stuff and never gets finished. Reminds me of one developer group the ones developing the parody of Star fox staring Crystal that game is a complete mess. This game is falling into that rabbit hole as well.

Reactions: JohnVans

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
Really feels like a huge chunk of the update posts or previews are for everybody EXCEPT Sabia. Honestly they could cut every other female character from the game and I think it'd be a huge improvement. I was drawn to this game because I thought it was an interesting premise and wanted to see how a character would get corrupted in that kind of scenario. Now it seems like every other update adds a new girl that then either needs to be furnished by scenes added in later updates, or just straight up gets forgotten.

Blonde girl, elf girl, monster girl, orc girl, evil girl, five flavors of cat girl, horse girl, bandit girl. At this point I just skip any scene that doesn't involve Sabia because I just don't care about anybody else. I'd imagine the game would feel a good deal more fleshed out, and the corruption would feel less phoned in, if all of the attention put into flavor-of-the-update side characters was instead put into developing the actual premise and foundation that the entire game was built on in the first place.

MingXiao

Aug 9, 2021
People here are just overthinking stuff talking about remaking the project and so. Remaking the project won't make it better, heck it would just give Nomo a free pass to milk the patrons for a year or more. So, either finish it or drop it and looking at how far we are in the game, the better course is to finish this project then pass to another one. Nomo has an overall goal in mind, but the management they have right now kinda suck, because every update is delayed to hell and back and when it comes it's small, unfulfilling and meh.

I don't like to point finger but Nomo fucked his own game, because Sierra was no longer holding him back on his most bad ideas. So the state we have right is at least 80% Nomo's fault since he is probably forcing his ideas on the other two. Because of this, we have nonexistent updates, awful writing and progression and the only quality that remained is the art work. So we all just need to hold up to what we have because it's not going to change... at least it's free for us here.
The beginning of the game was fine where Sabia fought tribe members to gain equal standing etc but then it all took weird turns where they had some ritual and crazy boring grind fest to catch some deer. I DO NOT WANT TO WORSHIP SOME RANDOM IDOL, I WANT TO FIGHT LUNDAR FOR KICKING ME OUT!

Karminator

Dec 12, 2021
The beginning of the game was fine where Sabia fought tribe members to gain equal standing etc but then it all took weird turns where they had some ritual and crazy boring grind fest to catch some deer. I DO NOT WANT TO WORSHIP SOME RANDOM IDOL, I WANT TO FIGHT LUNDAR FOR KICKING ME OUT!
Is there a way to get revenge on that shamen ?

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes