Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Should have an "abandoned" tag until patches are released in a timely manner.
I think if we invented some kind of tag for this kind of developers, like [Dev's slow as fuck] tag, it would help a lot. The games with some actual active developers will get more attention(which will also encourage slow devs to start working, since people won't look at the slow-dev games as much), and everyone will see which games are barely progressing and aren't worth getting your hopes high.

MingXiao

Aug 9, 2021
I think if we invented some kind of tag for this kind of developers, like [Dev's slow as fuck] tag, it would help a lot. The games with some actual active developers will get more attention(which will also encourage slow devs to start working, since people won't look at the slow-dev games as much), and everyone will see which games are barely progressing and aren't worth getting your hopes high.
Like they care if some people on a pirate forum complain when they can milk coomers.

Redleg

Apr 22, 2018
No game developer cares about F95 except maybe startup peeps looking for an audience. Why would they otherwise? They could put a scamming fucks tag on it here and they wouldn't care.

Patreon and subscribestar are the ones that would have to enforce this kind of thing and since they don't...

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
No game developer cares about F95 except maybe startup peeps looking for an audience. Why would they otherwise? They could put a scamming fucks tag on it here and they wouldn't care.

Patreon and subscribestar are the ones that would have to enforce this kind of thing and since they don't...
starting with f95 would be fine too,it would build momentum,you cant just force patreon and subscribestar,we need to take small steps and that is first f95,it would hurt their revenue all the same.

Redleg

Apr 22, 2018
Unless a developers is releasing a demo to F95, most pirates of this site aren't coming here to pay the developers.

Subscribestar and Patreon should be able to punish developers who don't have any activity on their respective platforms. Even if its just shutting them down until they get their shit together. Of course they won't, because both platforms get a respective cut of money, and they want that easy cash as well.

Reactions: PLSENDMYLIFE

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Well, we can't tell anyone what they should care about or like. That's even one of the basis of this forum if i understand it correctly. People like different things and that's that. So if a developer doesn't like this forum, then that's up to them too. After all, it is true that a lot of us are unwilling or unable to give them financial support.

However i would argue that even if they don't like this place, it is a mistake to completely ignore it. After all, what is literally the oldest trick in the book of businesses?

Gather a crowd! Sure, not everyone from that crowd will buy from you, maybe only a few of them will, but it is still marketing. You never only advertise to your already existing costumers otherwise your business will have a hard time growing.

I always thought that this thread turned too hostile towards the devs way too early on. Just check how far back you'll already find posts along the lines of "3 months for an update??? lazy devs, dead game"... how times have changed. But at the same time i know it was better for us when the devs visited here and other forums too, not only drip feeding information on discord, and judging by their peak earning around $8k a month i would say that it was better for them too.

Also oshkoshdorosh mentioned that their coder apparently does not have a proper PC that could handle this job well. If that's true, then i might owe him an apology, but since there is no communication, i will never have a way to know if i just jumped the gun there. And i make a conscious effort to stay focused and constructive whenever i have the chance.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I always thought that this thread turned too hostile towards the devs way too early on. Just check how far back you'll already find posts along the lines of "3 months for an update??? lazy devs, dead game"... how times have changed. But at the same time i know it was better for us when the devs visited here and other forums too, not only drip feeding information on discord, and judging by their peak earning around $8k a month i would say that it was better for them too.
Honestly part of the early times hostility was because of people remembering the very consistent monthly update schedule when they did NN. They also generally were better about posting both public and supporter posts at those times. Hell, I was posting various "Give them a chance, they said they'd be doing less frequent updates when they started the project" things back in the day. My stance has completely changed since then.

Aug 12, 2018
Also oshkoshdorosh mentioned that their coder apparently does not have a proper PC that could handle this job well.
A coder without an proper PC? This is really hard to believe. Or does he the coding on an Amiga? Nonetheless, they made approximately 100.000$ in all these years, so I'm pretty confident a "proper PC" wouldn't be a problem at all.

(Edit: Typo)

Last edited:

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
I think if we invented some kind of tag for this kind of developers, like [Dev's slow as fuck] tag, it would help a lot.
Thats offensive and inconsiderate. PatreonMilk tag would be and descriptive enough.

does not have a proper PC that could handle this job well
It's python, not c++ with boost. All you need for coding in python is text editor with syntax highlight. Vim will suffice and it can run on coffee machine.

AlienBreeder

Jun 27, 2021
I'm a massive ally to the shaman fan, but for the life of me, i cant get his second ritual to trigger organically. Now i have to wait and pray til some god lists the update here

It does bother me that, since I've been a subscriber, I've been far more reluctant to leak actual updates themselves. Mind you I haven't before and the one time I was going to - think it might have been 12.0 or something - someone beat me to the punch. In this instance, I wouldn't mind doing it, though I'll personally wait until the full 13.x is out (in a week or two, just with the full content) before doing so. To be clear this isn't out of malice or some sort of knobbish internet superiority, but I object on a... professional? level?... to games being released episodically. I'd want all of you to get the whole thing all at once.

Most certainly for professionally developed games, but even in sex games (I'm not sure what the umbrella term may be), I'm of the camp - and have always been of the camp - that an update should have a couple of things to do, with the grand exception of some game that people enjoyed that was updated on a weekly basis. Even fortnightly is too long in my mind: for one half of the month it's 'Jim get's surprised in the shower', then for the other half it's 'Sharon get's fingered on the bus (to school)'.

Other than finishing the new content in a wank or two (repeats not counted), the name of the update would sort of give it away, but again I like a but of mystery and surprise: even in the 12-12.4 of KoD, sure there was Ornshakar stuff, Amelia and the gang stuff, Vehlis and camp things, but y'know what I'm pretty sure was never mentioned (outright)? Tekrok's ally (Gul isn't quite right) coming in for a shag. Was it mentioned that Sabia-Tekrok players would have an alternate start? Yes. Did it ever get stated what it was? No. Even convincing the 'magic orc' ("Guy's got magic cards... and magic hands!"), that wasn't in the gallery but an incredibly welcome scene. So when I see 'oh, this is the Yvla quest', regardless of what is or isn't in the update, my brain just goes 'yep'. 'That's it'. And it puts me in a minor funk to the extent that I don't even get pleasantly surprised when there are other scenes, just a sense of relief. "Phew! I'm glad there's something else."

I probably went off on a tangent there, but if you need any assistant getting on The Path, I'd be glad to help another acolyte. I'd firstly ask if you're using any mods on the game in general: I don't know what ones there are, but it seems to be something you can do. Then I'd just say that for the first ritual you have to actively avoid: allying with the shaman puts you onto the route where you 'become the receptacle' (wow that just became incredibly unsexy to me), and the second... just happens? You've woken one morning by Brug and Dul (hope I got their names right) which leads to the upside-down anal scene (apologies if that spoils it for anyone)... but I'm not sure what the requisites are / may be. I usually sleep between most scenes so it resets or progresses if need be.

If you need any help at all, please feel free to ask here or send me a message, and I hope you enjoy the update when you get it. I also hope I enjoy it when I get to it - wanked meself silly while it downloaded, and I should probably be doing that schoolwork...

Reactions: bitchass92
3.90 star(s) 74 Votes