CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Depends how they asked, I s'pose. Interesting to know, though. I'd go back through the pages and see when their messages stopped on discord, however that would only work if their F95 and Discord identities matched up.
A'ight, cool. Thanks for the info

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
they basically have two options for the modular scenes:

1. Just use full separate pictures to illustrate the scene and just switch to a full other picture if something like a facial expression or hand placement changes. More or less what they have been doing all along in the h-scenes.
2. Have most of the scene as a "background" and add those small changes over it as a layer. Some of the groping pictures work like this, normal conversations and clothing options do this too and there are a few hundred games using this method in this site for further reference.

In theory, once the art assets are done, the writer and the coder could make new scenes on their own and the artist could work on new stuff, so this should be a good method.
In theory (from the perspective of someone who knows very little about coding but a moderate amount about the other bit) there's a bit of a tradeoff here. Using full pictures makes it much, much simpler to set up the scenes in the game. You basically just make it cycle through a gallery alongside the script. The downsides are that this method makes the games file size bigger, and you need someone with at least a basic knowledge of image editing programs to put the pictures together (which I assume is still a task nomo is handling). On the other hand having a bunch of modular images that are overlaid means you can keep your filesize down and means that new scenes can be made without any input from the artist once you have enough assets built up. The problem is that (depending on how many elements are in a scene) you're now juggling a lot more things. This is probably a non-issue for an actual programmer, but for an amature who only knows enough to get renpy working it can be pretty fiddly and time consuming, which is why single images are what most games vn style games use.

Reactions: Jinsoyun
Aug 11, 2020
In theory (from the perspective of someone who knows very little about coding but a moderate amount about the other bit) there's a bit of a tradeoff here. Using full pictures makes it much, much simpler to set up the scenes in the game. You basically just make it cycle through a gallery alongside the script. The downsides are that this method makes the games file size bigger, and you need someone with at least a basic knowledge of image editing programs to put the pictures together (which I assume is still a task nomo is handling). On the other hand having a bunch of modular images that are overlaid means you can keep your filesize down and means that new scenes can be made without any input from the artist once you have enough assets built up. The problem is that (depending on how many elements are in a scene) you're now juggling a lot more things. This is probably a non-issue for an actual programmer, but for an amature who only knows enough to get renpy working it can be pretty fiddly and time consuming, which is why single images are what most games vn style games use.
They have two problems: they have no real coder to implement this quickly and they've been creating content for 5 years before introducing the system. The lack of a coder is painfully obvious because they've been struggling with these modular scenes for over a year now and they haven't properly used stuff like the inventory system or clothing system since the start.

The system itself is quite simple: you add a couple of variables that store which outfit she's wearing and the state of the outfit (which clothing parts are removed). Then while writing a scene you just change one of the variables and (automatically) update the portrait/CG. However, you need a coder to write the code to handle the images.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
They have two problems: they have no real coder to implement this quickly and they've been creating content for 5 years before introducing the system. The lack of a coder is painfully obvious because they've been struggling with these modular scenes for over a year now and they haven't properly used stuff like the inventory system or clothing system since the start.

The system itself is quite simple: you add a couple of variables that store which outfit she's wearing and the state of the outfit (which clothing parts are removed). Then while writing a scene you just change one of the variables and (automatically) update the portrait/CG. However, you need a coder to write the code to handle the images.
The thing is:

They still don't want to open up to most of us here due to the severe criticism we've given them all these years. Something that aches the heart matters most than considerate thought these days, no matter who got affected the most, I'd say

heehatatt

Jun 2, 2017
From what I see they don't want to open to anyone. Not their patrons, not their discord members, at least based on what I've seen in this thread. We can probably assume that the issue lies with the coder. There's no way in hell it takes as long as its taking to write the scenes(even accounting for the "variations," as the writing in 13.1-2's scenes was pretty similar regardless of dom/sub.) Also the finished cg for 13.3 was posted in full on the patreon so we can't blame Nomo either.

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Cowtits mod update:
I've gone through and redone the character sprites to make Sabia bustier to match the recent cg, except for the masked exotic dancer outfits, which will come in the future.

To use these just place the images in the zip inside /game/Database/Actors/sabia and overwrite any conflicts. You'll need to run unren on the game folder to access this.
View attachment 10.zip
It would be nice to make an even bigger version, but some of the costumes would need minor redrawing for that, so if anybody has any idea what nomo's brush settings are that would help. As it is this overwrites all her sprites from the begining of the game, but it would probably be possible to implement them progressively growing if I knew more about coding.

shocking.png

Tell me if you find anywhere that is seems to break or layers clip through each other.

Jan 31, 2022
Cowtits mod update:
I've gone through and redone the character sprites to make Sabia bustier to match the recent cg, except for the masked exotic dancer outfits, which will come in the future.

To use these just place the images in the zip inside /game/Database/Actors/sabia and overwrite any conflicts. You'll need to run unren on the game folder to access this.
View attachment 1996231
It would be nice to make an even bigger version, but some of the costumes would need minor redrawing for that, so if anybody has any idea what nomo's brush settings are that would help. As it is this overwrites all her sprites from the begining of the game, but it would probably be possible to implement them progressively growing if I knew more about coding.

View attachment 1996255

Tell me if you find anywhere that is seems to break or layers clip through each other.
Have you thought about maybe making a permanently naked mod for Sabia? I feel like that'd be cool because it seems you know your way around this type of stuff.

Anon747

Aug 6, 2019
hey so just an idea I wanna run by you guys, so Sunsetrider7's something unlimited has a dedicated fan edits thread and I was wondering if we could get one started for this game too to pass the time instead of just waiting on updates?
ref f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/

Ryukurai

Jun 28, 2020
If they went extensively into the bad end and made it last a long time with multiple paths, it would be imo the best outcome for the long awaited ending to this game and I'd be ok with waiting longer to see it play out. I hope the Sabia as a dom fans get what they want but personally I'm rooting for th sub + bad ending route getting the most love.

Hopefully after they go back to making simpler games much more like Riven.
Pro Dom Sabia. The Subia & Bad Ends got boring. I doubt the Kentark training will ever continue.

Reactions: feelsbadman.inc

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
On a bit different note, Vehlis' quest was quite interesting to me. Personally.

As a comment on Ylva's quest i said:
[after a point i thought that it would have been sexier if Dul and Brug started talking about the weather or anything completely unrelated because having Sabia under them was just a matter of fact to them.]
Then they do this for a short remark to Vehlis.

I also wrote years ago that in my opinion, Sabia's clothes are too underutilized. She has a slave armor from the very beginning with collar and chains yet there are a grand total of 2 scenes where she has them on. Even if she has to wear this armor to trigger a scene she is completely stripped before anything happens. Not even decorated nudity.

And what is the quest now? Sabia goes to get a skimpy set for a scene. But not for herself... for Vehlis. Then Sabia is teased about putting on the new clothes herself. But no. Then we give them to Vehlis... and she is stripped naked immediately... Except the collar... which breaks at the start of the scene so she is completely naked again.

IF this is not enough, Sabia discusses the idea behind getting these "clothes" for Vehlis with a few orcs. And she points out the OBVIOUS answer that she, Sabia is sexier when she wears the slave armor. And the orcs agree. And she was wearing her slave armor in my playthrough when they talked about this... So why doesn't she have it on for the scene???

Did Nomo and Monsinne sit down one day and say "you know that fucker with the default orange icon? let's tease the fuck out of him. that will be funny". Am i really this important? Can i use my powers for good somehow?

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Have you thought about maybe making a permanently naked mod for Sabia? I feel like that'd be cool because it seems you know your way around this type of stuff.
Do you mean just a mod to make all her sprites naked (which would be easy) or a mod to make her permanently naked and have the world recognize it?

hey so just an idea I wanna run by you guys, so Sunsetrider7's something unlimited has a dedicated fan edits thread and I was wondering if we could get one started for this game too to pass the time instead of just waiting on updates?
I don't know if we get enough edits to really be worth it. I think something unlimited has much more modular cg from the start, so editing is easier. You can go ahead if you think it's a good idea though, I suppose it might be a good idea to archive the handful of edits we do get, they can be a bit hard to find in such a long thread.

in my opinion, Sabia's clothes are too underutilized. She has a slave armor from the very beginning with collar and chains yet there are a grand total of 2 scenes where she has them on. Even if she has to wear this armor to trigger a scene she is completely stripped before anything happens. Not even decorated nudity.
I agree it's crazy how little scenes there are with the slave armor. I think that it's actually possible for the player to avoid getting it and they don't want to draw scenes twice in two different costumes, which is probably why it rarely gets used. But since the game is now 90% sub path they should really just make it a non-optional item for any sub-characters and start putting it in more.

Reactions: oshkoshdorosh

Anon747

Aug 6, 2019
I don't know if we get enough edits to really be worth it. I think something unlimited has much more modular cg from the start, so editing is easier. You can go ahead if you think it's a good idea though, I suppose it might be a good idea to archive the handful of edits we do get, they can be a bit hard to find in such a long thread.
oh damn youre right I just unpacked the files from my game and its all full images.
idk why they'd do it this way but whatever glad I talked with someone before doing it

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Cowtits mod update:

View attachment 1996231

View attachment 1996255

You know what makes Sabia more bustier? Some tick minotaur milk. Sabia needs more minotaur scenes.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022
Do you mean just a mod to make all her sprites naked (which would be easy) or a mod to make her permanently naked and have the world recognize it?

I agree it's crazy how little scenes there are with the slave armor. I think that it's actually possible for the player to avoid getting it and they don't want to draw scenes twice in two different costumes, which is probably why it rarely gets used. But since the game is now 90% sub path they should really just make it a non-optional item for any sub-characters and start putting it in more.
Just the models used when she talks to someone, if that's what you mean by sprites. Also wouldn't having others acknowledge she's naked change the base game by adding dialog? Imo it's such a missed opportunity to not allow Sabia to roam naked after a certain sub path threshold like they did in noxian nights with lust stat.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes