ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
The first scene was the best one! Does anyone have the scoop on why it is removed? Is the story changing? Do the authors suddenly feel icky about rape?
This is what they said when asked if it was a glitch that the scenes were missing:
''If you mean the intro scenes, they were removed because after going so deep into KoD, we felt they didn't quite work as we wanted as a start of the game.''

how to get white hind bruh? need help.
Once you're preparing for the feast, after you choose which one you want to do, it should become an option to hunt for it outside the camp, where you find Neve.

yeah but i dont know what to do after that
Are you sure you have everything? The White Hind? You got Vehlis to come to the orc camp? You bought all the best shit from the elf dude? If so then just talk to whoever starts your feast. One of the captains if you chose them or Jadk if you chose to do your own feast.

Malkav

May 28, 2017
This is what they said when asked if it was a glitch that the scenes were missing:
''If you mean the intro scenes, they were removed because after going so deep into KoD, we felt they didn't quite work as we wanted as a start of the game.''
Going by Noxxian nights we should assume they know what they are doing, i am just having a hard time imagining removal of a sex scene being the right choice! Like, at least move it somewhere else.

Reactions: ponyguy

theman237

Nov 27, 2017
That's the problem...people are way more invested (literally) in KoD than in TLS. All these little games she makes should have less frequent updates and should be secondary, tertiary...in priority to KoD. I don't know if it's her fault or Nomo's or whatever but her little games seem to get more updates than KoD.
It's true that more people are more invested in KoD but that doesn't mean she should put more work towards that instead of her other projects. TLS is pretty much what started her patreon career. She's been working on that game since 2014 and deserves just as much of her attention to be worked on as KoD. And She's making almost 5k on TLS. A game that she's making BY HERSELF. That's pretty impressive for a game that has literally no art in their sex scenes. And the reason she likes to work on smaller games is because she has a bunch of other ideas and likes to "expand her horizons" if that makes sense? It's better than being burned out from solely working on a single project. She doesn't even release any builds of her smaller games until it's finished. Then she releases patches of it. That's it. No Ouroburo ver .5 or some shit. it's always gonna be 1.0 and then patches. In any case, what we know for sure is that THEY WILL FINISH THIS GAME. Sierra and Nomo has not let anyone down yet when it comes to completing their games and I doubt they will soon. Besides, it's not like you're helping them out by being a patron to them since you're here lurking about I'm assuming. So you really have no reason to complain.

Reactions: Dorpington

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, kind sad that rape scene was removed, especially since it's optional. It would have made more sense if it was mandatory, but this might be due to Patreon policy changes.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Yeah, kind sad that rape scene was removed, especially since it's optional. It would have made more sense if it was mandatory, but this might be due to Patreon policy changes.
I doubt it's due to Patreon. Or at least I hope it isn't. Otherwise it doesn't bode well for all the ''bad'' ends, and any future similar scenes.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
well they could alway do a separate release and release the one that has a everything that could give out a red flag on patreon in a different distribution site like a blog or itch

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
. Besides, it's not like you're helping them out by being a patron to them since you're here lurking about I'm assuming. So you really have no reason to complain.
Ah, I see we have a saint here. I assume you have never illegally downloaded something and thought it was bad. After all, you didn't pay for it! That makes it impossible for you to have any criticism about it at all!

It SHOULD mean she should work harder on KoD than TLS. The amount of patreons between both projects isn't that much higher, yet the Patreon amount for KoD is about 1k higher than TLS. Every month that passes by without a KoD update is a month where they are essentially robbing people. The argument of "but you're backing the creators!!!!" doesn't really fly here either; after all, Sierra Lee has another Patreon that already supports her.

To put it succinctly; let's assume that all of Sierra Lee's patreon money goes to her and that Hreinn is divided solely between her and Nomo. 6599 / 2 = 3299.5. 3299.5 + 4823 = 8122.5. She got paid € 8122.5 the past three months to work on KoD (that doesn't have that many crazy gameplay systems in place) and release an update on TLS. I'm just saying, it might not be her fault (maybe Nomo is struggling with art or something) but that's a good amount of money to earn without really having any output to show for it.

And to come back on my first point, no, I don't back Hreinn. I don't trust PayPal and I don't have a credit card. I would have supported them during the run of NN though, because they delivered quality in a timely fashion. I would have backed out of my pledge by now though.

Reactions: liftplus4

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think SL need us to teach her how to work.
BTW,TLS is not a side project but the main one,and it started earlier than NN&KOD
Both are main projects...at least I would hope so, otherwise the patreons of Hreinn are just getting robbed.

Sierra is the dev of TLS and Ouroboros, Hreinn Games are the devs of NN and KoD, two separate entities.
Sierra is the only developer of NN and KoD though, as I'm pretty sure Nomo only makes artwork. So she gets money from both Sierra Lee patreon and Hreinn games patreon.

Dorpington

Oct 7, 2017
I think we are making a lot of assumptions but we do not know all the facts.

We don't know why they really removed the scenes. I think it is because of patreon bans but I only think that because the 3.4 update came out secretly without anouncing. But I don't know.

Maybe Sierra is the bottleneck and she is the problem but maybe not. I don't know how to judge this. But since her other work comes out normally I do not know why she would waste time on this one. I also trust Nomo because he seems to be a good guy on Discord so maybe there is no bottleneck and they are just working on a big update.

If the update comes out and it is bad then maybe we are right to complain. But if it comes out and is good then there was no point because it was just several months at once instead of monthly updates.

Sierra is the only developer of NN and KoD though, as I'm pretty sure Nomo only makes artwork. So she gets money from both Sierra Lee patreon and Hreinn games patreon.
On Discord they said that they are both the developers and Nomo does more than art. Obviously I do not know all the facts but I think we should not forget Nomo because he is the main reason this game is popular.

isn't that normal for a game that is still in development
Most renpy games are like this but KOD has let you use old saves. On Discord they said that it is necessary to replay this time because the coding has changed. I hope that they will go back to the old system once that is done.

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
I wonder. Do they claim anywhere that being a Patreon means that you get meaningful monthly updates?
It isn't really robbing if you don't deliver what you don't promise.

Also, remember, if they do this even a bit professional than you need to ignore TLS and such stuff.. Why?
Because that is Sierras *hobby* while she works for Hreinn during, well, working hours.

I don't think they want to rip anyone off, if they wanted they need to work on their technique a bit..
More empty promises and no updates for the unpaying masses. But Sierra eve nanswers question from those who are msot prob not paying anything and is generalyl a pretty friendly person.

I know of at least one in this business (Akabur) who bluntly says that you will not really get much vor supporting him aside from his thanks. Why? Because you are a supporter and not an investor.

Reactions: dafvid112

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
No new Scenes., since 0.3.4 is just a patched version of 0.3.0 .
Content patches increase the second number (which means that you need to wait for 0.4.y for new content)

Or in other words 0.x.y means that we are on content patch x with bugfix number y . ^^

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes