Jul 26, 2017
They did say that the testing period will be longer for this new update. I'm not looking forward to that at all. My money is the update won't be released for patreons for another 1-2 weeks. I don't know what's worse, knowing that it is near or having no clue when it will release because now I'm going to be checking up on it daily until release.

theman237

Nov 27, 2017
Ah, I see we have a saint here. I assume you have never illegally downloaded something and thought it was bad. After all, you didn't pay for it! That makes it impossible for you to have any criticism about it at all!

It SHOULD mean she should work harder on KoD than TLS. The amount of patreons between both projects isn't that much higher, yet the Patreon amount for KoD is about 1k higher than TLS. Every month that passes by without a KoD update is a month where they are essentially robbing people. The argument of "but you're backing the creators!!!!" doesn't really fly here either; after all, Sierra Lee has another Patreon that already supports her.

To put it succinctly; let's assume that all of Sierra Lee's patreon money goes to her and that Hreinn is divided solely between her and Nomo. 6599 / 2 = 3299.5. 3299.5 + 4823 = 8122.5. She got paid € 8122.5 the past three months to work on KoD (that doesn't have that many crazy gameplay systems in place) and release an update on TLS. I'm just saying, it might not be her fault (maybe Nomo is struggling with art or something) but that's a good amount of money to earn without really having any output to show for it.

And to come back on my first point, no, I don't back Hreinn. I don't trust PayPal and I don't have a credit card. I would have supported them during the run of NN though, because they delivered quality in a timely fashion. I would have backed out of my pledge by now though.
It's funny to see a baby on this website. Don't you know that adult games are for people who are 18 and up? And the fact that you admit you're not backing them proves my point. You really have no right to complain about the rate of releases. What you're doing is not criticism. It's literal bitching. There's a difference between having CRITICISM of the actual game's mechanics or storyline or something about the game and BITCHING of the amount of updates/releases being posted.

Yes she has 2 patreons and she's making quite a lot, but that just means she has to work equally as hard for her other game. Simply working solely on another game for a different patreon is a slap in the face for her own patreons especially since they're so close in terms of number of patrons. What would be the point of pledging to her then??? And I like to think that a lot of people who are pledged to KoD are also pledged to TLS.

Being a patron doesn't mean you'll get a guaranteed release every month. PATREON IS A LITERAL TIP JAR. Sure, you can say that the amount of money they get affect's the game's quality, but that's just how INVESTMENTS WORK. If patrons aren't happy with the developers work, they'll remove their investment and ask for a refund. It's as simple as that. And if they end up with little to no patrons then it'll be safe to say that this game or any other future games from them will never be finished. Just more abandonware like the majority of adult patreon games. If you want a complete game, go on steam. People are paying Hreinn Games to work on their games, not to buy the actual game itself. If they don't know that, then it's their own fault for not knowing what they're paying for. (You're also forgetting about Patreon's 5% cut. It's not a lot, only about $400, but it just bothered me that you forgot about that.)

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh boy, Can't wait to see that bottom scene. The look on Sabia's face is just perfect.
And a gallery too? Hype! I thought the reason they didn't have one already was because it was gonna be like NN, where it unlocks in the end. I'm glad I was wrong though.
Oh man, I seriously hope by the end of this game she can be the slut of the camp. Kinda like how Riven decided to stay in town at the end of NN <3

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Funny how you call me a baby, when you start insulting me for no reason. I just want to have a conversation, and you just go off insulting, because???

I have criticism. I am criticizing the release schedule of Hreinn Games. I think it is unfair that they take so long to release an update, let alone give an update on the update. I felt they could have given an update on the progress sooner, but considering testing for 0.4 started today, I assume it's fair and normal to not have released an update. If you are not releasing monthly updates to the game, I feel like you at least need to give a monthly update report. And a clear one, because when they posted December 23d, it sounded to me like they were nearly done but that was more than 3 weeks ago.

I'm not saying she should only be working on one project. I'm saying that, were I in her position, the project that has the most money invested in it, would be my priority. I would try to have that one finished first or as soon as possible, and then move on to projects that have less investment. The amount of patrons doesn't really matter imo; money does.

And again, I think the idea of a tip jar is bad. It's too easy to abuse and puts too little responsibility in the developer. I know Hreinn can't really do anything about this (except change the release model to "pay on release") but Patreon should really be able to punish developers in some way if they would suddenly decide to stop their work.

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
Smart move.
Best not to get involved. It's not worth it. It rarely is.
I don't know about that. Of course it is true ranting is a huge waste of time and the kind of people who evoke a rant are rarely the kind of people that can be persuaded with logic and common sense. However when you unleash your inner grumpy old man and start ranting there will be all these sweet, sweet endorphins that are released into your brain and make you feel awesome. In the ranting community this is known as "the ranters-high".

Jul 9, 2017
Oh my, a gallery? As hyped as I am for the update this is by far my favorite part. It looks like I'll have to edit my review sooner than I expected. I might even upgrade my pledge for this month as a token of appreciation :eazyHype: :FeelsGoodMan:

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Oh man, I seriously hope by the end of this game she can be the slut of the camp. Kinda like how Riven decided to stay in town at the end of NN <3
Me too! I pray to the Hentai Gods we get this.
I need my Shack Guy ending.

I don't know about that. Of course it is true ranting is a huge waste of time and the kind of people who evoke a rant are rarely the kind of people that can be persuaded with logic and common sense. However when you unleash your inner grumpy old man and start ranting there will be all these sweet, sweet endorphins that are released into your brain and make you feel awesome. In the ranting community this is known as "the ranters-high".
Depends on the person, I guess. I never get that. I just get even more frustrated as the argument goes on. So to me it is rarely worth it.
And even if did get it, I don't think that small high is worth all the wasted time and effort. There are better ways I can spend my time and make myself feel really good. Like jerking off to H. XD

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Depends on the person, I guess
At least some walls of text are well crafted, i support their construction, as long as you avoid toxicity. And some people actually stop to think over about what they said if you promote a reasonable discussion (i know pretty difficult to happen, right?).

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
At least some walls of text are well crafted, i support their construction, as long as you avoid toxicity. And some people actually stop to think over about what they said if you promote a reasonable discussion (i know pretty difficult to happen, right?).
Walls of text are fine. It's the method of delivery that matters. Reasonable discussions are good. Ranting at someone is just pointless. Just a big waste of time and nerves. The current topic being ranted about here has reached a point where it's just not worth it to get involved anymore. Best to just sit back and enjoy the shitshow. Well, in my opinion anyway.

Reactions: mesoru
3.90 star(s) 74 Votes