souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Don't buy it. Every single hgame dev ever is some invalid crippled by disease whenever its time to release an update. I don't know which excuse is used more often by hdevs, health issues or passing of a relative.
There's a third excuse you see fairly often, computer failure resulting in full or partial loss the game.

I'll personally always give a bit of leeway with this, but till take it with a grain of salt (at minimum).

bitchass92

Dec 11, 2020
Oh, SECRET health issues?! Yeah that's not something to communicate to your money giving patreons considering it's had a MAJOR impact in every update for years. I stopped paying a long, long time ago bc of how things have been run. It's BS excuses. If you have health issues you communicate that immediately.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Oh, SECRET health issues?! Yeah that's not something to communicate to your money giving patreons considering it's had a MAJOR impact in every update for years. I stopped paying a long, long time ago bc of how things have been run. It's BS excuses. If you have health issues you communicate that immediately.
Ideally, you are right. But this is also the internet we are talking about. Opening up about personal problems is very often not the right thing to do here.

From a business perspective? Yeah, they should have been more open about dozens of things and both the dev team and the costumers would have benefited from that.
Small businesses are always a strange mix of official and personal things and as a costumer you are not wrong to say that this is a part of the string of business mistakes they made.

Reactions: oshkoshdorosh

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I dont know why people still complain about this game. Its like a rage loop. all this was funny at page 400. page 600? I think we all know who and what the devs rare.
>Game turns to shit
>People complain about it on page 400, eventually giving up and moving on
>New people discover the game
>It's still going to shit
>They complain about it on page 500, eventually giving up and moving on

I don't understand the assumption that it's the same bunch regurgitating the same points for 200-300 pages, kind of never happens.

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
>Game turns to shit
>People complain about it on page 400, eventually giving up and moving on
>It's still going to shit
>They complain about it on page 500, eventually giving up and moving on

I don't understand the assumption that it's the same bunch regurgitating the same points for 200-300 pages, kind of never happens.
Then they should read the last 100 posts. point still stands that everything about this game has been said.

• Angry
Reactions: oshkoshdorosh

oshkoshdorosh

Mar 31, 2020
Then they should read the last 100 posts. point still stands that everything about this game has been said.
Oh, of course. Surely, everyone should always study up on all 600 pages of history on forum posts before announcing an opinion or having a feeling. It would be a true travesty if anyone ever duplicated an opinion or restated something here in the annals of the internet.

C'mon, what're you hoping for here? A tag on the forum that says "all valid opinions expressed" until the next update comes out?

Also, everything about this game hasn't been said: somewhere in the last 100 pages, folks have also expressed new content and opinions, such as the work of some modders and tinkerers in adapting the game's architecture and image assets. Maybe its time go back and read the last 100 pages and review?

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
Oh, of course. Surely, everyone should always study up on all 600 pages of history on forum posts before announcing an opinion or having a feeling. It would be a true travesty if anyone ever duplicated an opinion or restated something here in the annals of the internet.

C'mon, what're you hoping for here? A tag on the forum that says "all valid opinions expressed" until the next update comes out?

Also, everything about this game hasn't been said: somewhere in the last 100 pages, folks have also expressed new content and opinions, such as the work of some modders and tinkerers in adapting the game's architecture and image assets. Maybe its time go back and read the last 100 pages and review?
the last, like 3 pages would suffice. or the, what, 30 review mentioning the scamming patreon?

Reactions: bitchass92

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
The thing with what you said here:
Do even people can be bothered to read 100 posts back? I kind of doubt that

What else we wanna talk about this game when there's nothing worth discussing?

oshkoshdorosh

Mar 31, 2020
im just wondering why. Look at you all in response to my comment. im right.
Right about what, that this is a complaining forum? I'm will agree that you are right, that this forum has more complaint, critique, and shitting on the devs than it does support for the project. And i think that's valid: It is valid to complain because venting is good, especially when we've watched a project nosedive so hard and so long. And it's valid to complain here because Hrienn has banned complaint on the discord, forcing out any of us with any level of dissatisfaction or dissent from the game's direction. And it's valid to complain because what i don't like about a game is something that i'm allowed to talk about even if you don't like it.

So is your complaint against complaint, like brother penetratus has summaraized? And you want to know why they are complaining? I would think the complaints would explain that, people usually explain their complaint when complaining here. And you want to know why folks still complain about the same old shit? Because the same old shit is what Hrienn keeps offering at a lower and lower bar each update, for years.

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
Long time lurker here.

I'll just about say what many will likely have long concluded, so those now complaining about the complaining get the gist of *why*, apart from the discord server quashing of dissent, people are complaining so much and those that arent are just massively let down and walked away: since Sierra Lee walked out of Hreinn when development began getting the whiff of going off-the-rails, the die was cast and the quality and marquee, prestige quality and consistent development went with her to Last Sovereign and her other projects. We just did not know it at the time just how much so a loss it was in full to Kingdom of Deception...

She was probably the creative drive behind the team, pushing them on forwards.

Whilst the pandemic might not have helped, and had some cause behind long term health issues *if true* and not just justifications at this juncture, its been *several years hence* by now. Sad to see, but likely not the last time we shall see something the like in disappointment in comparison with the achievement that Noxian Nights was, even if KoD does someday release in full. People complaining about a 6 year project still being @ 0.14 stage are in full rights to be so.

It might not be the Chronicles of Elyria of ero games just yet, but in sheer let down of expectations and previous results, it is much worse.

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Welp, apparently Nomo's in ill health, has been keeping it secret, and there's just no update release plans now. From their Discord and Patreon:

Hey everyone.

We're still working on KoD and have a lot of plans for the characters and story. Unfortunately Nomo has had some personal issues recently and has needed an ambulance a few times in the past few months, but is generally very private and doesn't like to go into stuff too much.

Due to that, we don't currently have an estimation of when we'll release the next bit, but rest assured it's being worked on. If you've supported in any of the months since we had the initial estimation you will have access to the update as soon as it's ready.

We sincerely apologize and hope for your understanding.
Well, long term health problems are real and serious, so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily, but I also find hard to believe considering they have been lying for some years now.

It's like that fabula: a kid screaming wolf everytime, and people run to save him. But it's only a prank. One time a wolf really come, he scream, nobody comes thinking it's another prank, kid gets eaten.

Hard to believe ANYTHING Hreinn says at this point. It can be true, but people can't be blamed to doubt this, considering they have been lying to justify delays for the las couple YEARS. If he was an open dev, not lying, not making a fool of his constumers, etc. If he REALLY had an health issue and came open about it, I'm sure people would donnate more ONLY for him to get medical care.

Being honest ALWAYS have more perks, but they choose the lying and deceiving path, now the majority doubt there's an wolf (and they can't be blamed).

I dont know why people still complain about this game. Its like a rage loop. all this was funny at page 400. page 600? I think we all know who and what the devs rare.
When people are frustrated, there are 2 escapes (Psycologically speaking, you can talk to any Psycologist and they'll say it):
1-Focusing frustration in one hobby and vent off
2-Complaining to let it out.
Simple like that

Holding frustration to yourself is bad for your health. Some people on this forum prefer to vent off here, where the devs might MAYBE see it (probably at this point they don't care).

You looks like different, when you're frustrated you do another thing, some let it all out and feel better. This forum is for dicussions regarding Adult Games, so I personally don't see a problem.

Great730

Oct 3, 2019
I don 't understand the number of their subscribers 600 I remember the days before fast graphics and millions of scenes with tents then there were about 900 subscribers is it really okay with that ?

citrone

Jul 17, 2023
View attachment 2801549

I can't even tell how many times I've heard that from them over the past 3 to 4 years. By now, they must be all living zombies, as often as each of them has health problems. And of course, this only happens right before the updates...
seriously, WEG devs must be some of the most unfortunate motherfuckers on the planet, and the people near to them must be living in fear because they lose loved ones constantly
actually, it's not even just WEG devs.. on k****o-party, half of the content creators i follow keep taking breaks because of various misfortunes

citrone

Jul 17, 2023
There's a third excuse you see fairly often, computer failure resulting in full or partial loss the game.

I'll personally always give a bit of leeway with this, but till take it with a grain of salt (at minimum).
ohh forgot this one, they keep taking breaks because of hardware failures
you'd think they would take precautions
lots of car crashes too

scheriel

Dec 30, 2018
You know just to quote someone.
"Living safely is dangerous"
- Irvin D. Yalom
I bet those guys live in constant fear of something happening to them. Poor guys and hopefully they find the strength to get back up and maybe bust out an update once in a while.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes