Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
This is actually very interesting. But I think just imitating the art style may now be challenged in court? I started this off as a joke but I'm actually very interested in how this kind of thing might turn out. For example, if there was a so-called "fan-parody", how much would this protect the creators of this fictional project in court? I think in the US quite a bit. Not sure about other countries.

There might be a question of popularity. If Superman is parodied, fair game but if Sabia is, then that might be copyright theft. I don't know.

I said what I said in earlier posts as a bitter, sarcastic joke because I spent over 200$ on this dev at the beginning and am so utterly disappointed. Yes, it's my fault and I'm not requesting any refunds. But it seems to me if there is a project on this website which needs a finishing blow delivered by AI this might be the one. It's interesting because there are translation mods, will we get to the point where there are AI mods as well?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017
I was of course joking, but the AI thingie is amusing.

I'd suggest to keep it short and simple, for example throwing out some small Sabia scenes to test the art/writing and see what comes out (like the modded Hound and Bar scenes we had years ago). One of the problems of KoD was the schizophrenic scope of the game, going smaller would be wiser. Can AI even do "repeated" poses, for example, taking a standard scene and give different facial expressions?

Dump it in Ren'py, make it an "unofficial update" for funsies and enjoy Hreinn hiring Lithuanian hitmen to hunt you down. That will be novel.

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
How are you able to achieve this? Do you feed the picture to a program and it duplicates them with a prompt? i would like to try my hand at this, just for curiosity
No, I didn't use any images from KoD. I am using that Sabia Lora, but it didn't fully capture the "Washed out airbrushy" style Nomo does, so I had to start merging in other LORA's and used a different set of checkpoints that were less anime and had softer more blurry shading. (Although maybe people would say I didn't actually get the style right either :eek:)

For the pose I downloaded a random image off google of a girl doing a peace sign then fed that into two control nets, OpenPose 2 (with finger bone rigs & facial expressions) and segmentation (which I kinda didn't need, I was doing that to add more characters then.. didn't o_O ).

It's way easier than it sounds if your new to SD.. and even on my junky laptop It only took me 15 - 30 seconds to generate each image.

--

That Sabia LORA was actually tagged correctly to be a "style", although it's dataset is 100% Sabia images..

"ss_tag_frequency": {
"2_Sabia": {
"sabia": 199,

---

"2_Sabia": {
"n_repeats": 2,
"img_count": 199
}
it does define clothing and concepts to the CLIP so in theory it could be used to do any characters, not just Sabia.
I might try that next for fun.

Reactions: Negativpro0

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
There might be a question of popularity. If Superman is parodied, fair game but if Sabia is, then that might be copyright theft. I don't know.
it depends on how the artist reacts honestly. I've heard about a case where someone duplicated Scarlett Johansson's voice and the actress sued them. Some companies (like GW for Warhammer) also have strict codes about fan-made content and won't let anyone just create anything they want with their property. so, idk. it is worth mentioning that we're not gonna make any money of this and let's not forget Hreinn games started with a LoL parody game. so, idk

That Sabia LORA was actually tagged correctly to be a "style", although it's dataset is 100% Sabia images..
it isn't tho. with a few keywords it generates Sabia's exact hairstyle and body shape. I played with it for a while and I realized without ControlNet, the pics almost always need refining. it's especially bad at creating eyes. as you said, it's not that much focused one the style and more on the character.

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
it isn't tho. with a few keywords it generates Sabia's exact hairstyle and body shape. I played with it for a while and I realized without ControlNet, the pics almost always need refining. it's especially bad at creating eyes. as you said, it's not that much focused one the style and more on the character.

They fully tagged the datasets. It doesn't understand other characters but you can make it do non-sabia prompts.

Some things seem undertagged like if you use her hair style the LORA wants to make it purple, you can change it in your prompt though.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
Enjoy Hreinn hiring Lithuanian hitmen to hunt you down.
I had no idea Lithuanian hitmen were the terror of the continent. Live and learn, I guess. Your idea about making a little KoD minigame is intriguing. If I were an unemployed coder from Macedonia I might think about it.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
It just goes to show.. if NDS and Monsinne were really interested in doing a good job on this game they could have at least explored the possibility of using AI while Nomo's sick.

..or they could actually learn how to write and code.

xhyde

Dec 17, 2019
Does anyone have a link to the new update they finally put out? i know its not much but still like to see the used asset scenes they put out

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes