LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
So about to start this game...but by seeing this threads i guess an update is just around the corner? are the previous saves compatible with the upcoming update? if not i'd better wait.

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Well, supposedly there was a vote on patreon to extend release times. Not a fan, personally, or at least not a fan of three month releases but what can you do.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
Just tried this thinking it was going to be another game memed to fuck but the writing in this game is honestly quality stuff.

Full credit to both the artist and the writer, they really know how to make a good game together. And most importantly they actually make real progress rather than bitching about their sore wrists or blogging about their latest keyboard injury.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
If you don't like waiting several months for updates don't play games with 2d art.
Seeds of Chaos updates monthly, Fleeting Iris about ~1.5 half months, and this other game with 2D-art called "Noxian Nights" also took about a month to update.

But yes, clearly, Kingdom of Deception updates taking ~4 months is completely normal.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Seeds of Chaos updates monthly, Fleeting Iris about ~1.5 half months, and this other game with 2D-art called "Noxian Nights" also took about a month to update.

But yes, clearly, Kingdom of Deception updates taking ~4 months is completely normal.
It's not the art style that takes time, it's the size of the updates. So Noxian Nights had maybe 1-2 scenes or 1 larger scene per update, while this has more scenes / variants per update. So the patreon supporters decided on more content per update, which they've kept to so far. Note that I'm only comparing Noxian Nights, since that's the same developer team, since that's the only fair comparison for the development speed.

Reactions: JohnDupont

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
It's been a while, but I seem to remember Noxian Nights having 3-4 scenes in every update, which is pretty comparable to the amount of scenes KoD has per update. The change-log mentions 5 base CGs.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes