ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
Well honestly I have no idea whats going and how this project has not been dismantled yet.
well unfortunately (or fortunately?) KoD's soul was Sierra Lee. her last game, The Last Sovereign, has like 50 hours of content and she wrote all of that. when Hreinn games started KoD she left TLS on-hold, so u can say she was the sole reason for this game pushing forward. without her? well, the artist doesn't like to admit it but keeping KoD going is extremely hard, almost impossible. at the very least they can't keep the quality as high as before

yawyeetah

Jul 22, 2018
well unfortunately (or fortunately?) KoD's soul was Sierra Lee. her last game, The Last Sovereign, has like 50 hours of content and she wrote all of that. when Hreinn games started KoD she left TLS on-hold, so u can say she was the sole reason for this game pushing forward. without her? well, the artist doesn't like to admit it but keeping KoD going is extremely hard, almost impossible. at the very least they can't keep the quality as high as before
very unfortunate to see that happen to this project, this game is a gem for me

• Sad
Reactions: ronadan

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Well honestly I have no idea whats going and how this project has not been dismantled yet.
If you can keep those who are unaware of this problem and keep covering it from the public eye, then why bother dismantling it?

You may be right, though. Dismantling the whole project and tying up loose ends would be a better alternative in the future for Hreinn. Don't know if they can recover the people's goodwill by starting another project that possibly ended up having the same fate as KOD.

Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

chikipiki

May 18, 2017
If you can keep those who are unaware of this problem and keep covering it from the public eye, then why bother dismantling it?

You may be right, though. Dismantling the whole project and tying up loose ends would be a better alternative in the future for Hreinn. Don't know if they can recover the people's goodwill by starting another project that possibly ended up having the same fate as KOD.
LOL! Just look at their Patreon stats! The majority of their fans don't care how much time they take! One patreon dev (Don't remember who) only released teasers for two years and he still gets over a thousand dollar per month!
I don't think hreinn is going to change. We're going to get one maybe two updates a year with a promise to speeding up their release from the next one. And people will still pay them money for it.

• Haha

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018

Hey, as long as they still make updates I will take what I get. Barely anything comparable out there to KoD.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
LOL! Just look at their Patreon stats! The majority of their fans don't care how much time they take! One patreon dev (Don't remember who) only released teasers for two years and he still gets over a thousand dollar per month!
I don't think hreinn is going to change. We're going to get one maybe two updates a year with a promise to speeding up their release from the next one. And people will still pay them money for it.
from what i gather apparently some if not most of these types of patreon accounts are self payed, the owner with afew friends and smurf accounts inflate the value of their patreon so that it would look like people are backing it to entice others to back it

chikipiki

May 18, 2017
from what i gather apparently some if not most of these types of patreon accounts are self payed, the owner with afew friends and smurf accounts inflate the value of their patreon so that it would look like people are backing it to entice others to back it
Still they have to get enough money to bother to do this over a year.

Reactions: gideon88

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Just as I've said. If you can keep the unawares away from this problem, why bother announcing that you're going to abandon this game for good and call it quits. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: chikipiki

borkenone

Sep 6, 2018
interesting, how do they manage to make that sustainable, if that's the case? since patreon takes a not very small fee from the patronage, moving the money to other bank/paypal accounts linked with those smurf accounts would also require transfer fees.
can that even make those money back?

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
interesting, how do they manage to make that sustainable, if that's the case? since patreon takes a not very small fee from the patronage, moving the money to other bank/paypal accounts linked with those smurf accounts would also require transfer fees.
can that even make those money back?
its sustainable to a certain point and they just need to gather enough backing by making a decent "early access" to make it seem legit and make people back it even if its the bare minimum as long as a few hundred would back it will be profitable then they would just drip feed updates and ver. of whatever they are making

also why you see certain games just fizzle out after a couple of months to a year coz if they cant get the necessary backing they would just drop the project and start over

Jan 2, 2020
Great to see that the comment section is still a shitshow,welcome aboard new faces,hope you arent of weak heart bc this will hurt.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Great to see that the comment section is still a shitshow,welcome aboard new faces,hope you arent of weak heart bc this will hurt.
Don't worry, been seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly side of this game. Reading all the comments about the devs here has been one of the best pastimes I've had.

May 18, 2020
Well, to achieve a comment section such as this one, you really need to put in a certain kind of effort during development. If all went well, this could be like the thread for Karryn's Prison where the most annoying thing is the 19th time someone asks the same thing about gameplay and not priperly utilizing the search function of the site. Otherwise it is about the anticipation and maybe modding of a game. Blaming "whiny not even patrons" for the tone here is absolute nonsense.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes