Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
wow impressive, they outdid themselves this time, the worst garbage update ever, it's basically a bad ending of Sabia where if you don't want to see it there's nothing else, and this bad ending is nothing more than a compilation of recycled scenes, god this is so bad that it was even a waste of internet to download it.

Shit it was nice while it lasted but really this game just needs the abandoned tag because there is no justification to consider it truly active, the plot hasn't advanced at all and it just makes me mad to download it to see that it remains the same.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
I know this has been probably asked asked to death at this point, but did they ever talk details about why Sierra left? They did Noxian Nights together as well, right? That seemed to have worked out. Wonder what happened here.
Also answering the other comment. We actually know when Sierra left and why. She did not like the "rapey" direction some if not most of the fans wanted the game to go to ( and it did ). You can see that distinction in Noxian Nights too, where some scenes are Riven having a good time, while some extra content and other stuff were all about rape bitch get put in place and such.

Sierra, iirc, left when the Raiding part of the game started. We were supposed to start exploring the map and do stuff around but we never got there. The game got stuck at Orc Chief getting kidnapped and we are still there. The story advanced sideways kinda, but we have not made much progress. Updates were faster where Sierra was present and they also had more stuff.
Because they were effectively following a certain direction. If Sierra stayed, we would have ended the kidnap of the Warchief and the Kira stuff over the course of 2-3 patches at best.

Previous events were like this. Start of the game before the raiding is all about doing stuff related to one event, Horned God fest, Red God Arena and so on. Now you either put on auto-read or you go to the new place, do stuff, rest, and repeat. Like that shitty update they did where you had to rest and repeat 10 times for a new scene.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
1723632080616.jpeg

btw i found the reference Nomo used for one of the scenes where the blonde bitch gets fucked by the orcs. So this explains why interracial scenes were added in the game at some point, Artist taste i guess.

Reactions: juanapapa19
Jun 13, 2017
We actually know when Sierra left and why.

I'm kind of quite curious about the background events. Maybe in 5-6 years Sierra will care little enough that we will know what exactly happened. I was rechecking the 2017-18 era Patreon posts and their blog (another abandoned venue because I suppose the Discord hugbox is easier to maintain) and the amount of setup they were working forward was something.

Orcs flat-out felt like an initial phase and a setup, and we would have quickly started working the real target that was fucking up Sabia's sister and mother. Open world, politics and the like. Then we're reduced to "green meat is back on the menu, boys, but there's nothing else on the menu".

Also, maybe this kind thread can help. I could swear there were previews that got nuked by Hreinn: for example, I distinctly remember that one of the preview characters was some kind of monk/martial artist that got thrown out by her teachers and started wandering around because she was actively seducing their opponents. I could swear it was a preview on Hreinn's blog: did they nuke it or it's my dementia kicking in?

Reactions: Lordchan and daq123

quit_warawara

May 25, 2018
Hi kinda new in this thread. There's like 27 pages of "bonus" stuff and it's hard to skim through every single one of them so I'll just outright ask here.

Do I need to download the previous 11 "bonus packs", or is downloading the "bonus pack 12" gonna give you everything? Also is "bonus pack 12" the most latest one?

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Hi kinda new in this thread. There's like 27 pages of "bonus" stuff and it's hard to skim through every single one of them so I'll just outright ask here.

Do I need to download the previous 11 "bonus packs", or is downloading the "bonus pack 12" gonna give you everything? Also is "bonus pack 12" the most latest one?
Bonus pack 12 is the latest one and it has every scene.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I'm kind of quite curious about the background events. Maybe in 5-6 years Sierra will care little enough that we will know what exactly happened. I was rechecking the 2017-18 era Patreon posts and their blog (another abandoned venue because I suppose the Discord hugbox is easier to maintain) and the amount of setup they were working forward was something.

Orcs flat-out felt like an initial phase and a setup, and we would have quickly started working the real target that was fucking up Sabia's sister and mother. Open world, politics and the like. Then we're reduced to "green meat is back on the menu, boys, but there's nothing else on the menu".

Also, maybe this kind thread can help. I could swear there were previews that got nuked by Hreinn: for example, I distinctly remember that one of the preview characters was some kind of monk/martial artist that got thrown out by her teachers and started wandering around because she was actively seducing their opponents. I could swear it was a preview on Hreinn's blog: did they nuke it or it's my dementia kicking in?
From the start KoD was advertised as a game with politics and deep choices. This type of game is a balancing act: if you leave the starting zone with the orcs completely, then the player effectively lost access to a lot of progress that was made. But if you stay at the starting zone forever, then the progression will be very difficult to see if it happens at all.

When Nomo spent 3-4 months drawing assets for the human towns, people were complaining about a lack of orcs and elves. When new characters were brought in like Kira, Avion and not-Katarina, then the complaints were all about missing the older NPCs.

Normally a dev team has two options to tackle this problem: planning and more artists.
The second one is easy. If we have 3 artists, then they can all draw for different zones at the same time. But this is and always has been Nomo's project and we are here for his high quality artwork too, so this isn't an option.
Otherwise they could plan and write the overall story well in advance to avoid getting lost between patches and to make sure that no NPC or progress is lost for good. But Hreinn has posted many times that they start planning the next patch after they finished the last one.

Even without personal experience in development i could tell that this approach has to change somewhere for this to work. I've been posting about this a lot here.

And yeah, a lot of old preparations were nuked when they cleared their patreon after it's new guidelines were introduced.

ahrimansiah

Oct 28, 2017
What a great game (Noxian Nights) it was, and how foolish it was to spend SO MANY YEARS making this game. By now, there could have been 10 parts of Noxian Nights... It was a mistake to start making this product, as it was doomed to remain unfinished.
you couldnt be more wrong, the game was amazing and much improvement in every part compared to NN until sierra left... then the whole thing turned into a milking machine... but saying it was mistake making this product is way blind sided... it would have been an amazing erotic game with perfect art and great story if they would have followed the original path

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
When Nomo spent 3-4 months drawing assets for the human towns, people were complaining about a lack of orcs and elves. When new characters were brought in like Kira, Avion and not-Katarina, then the complaints were all about missing the older NPCs.
People were and are complaining about lack of anything. The human town (one object) was shit-tier drawn and had minimal content. The quality drop was extreme.

Normally a dev team has two options to tackle this problem: planning and more artists.
The second one is easy. If we have 3 artists, then they can all draw for different zones at the same time. But this is and always has been Nomo's project and we are here for his high quality artwork too, so this isn't an option.
There is one option to tackle this problem - produce more. They can plan and plan and plan, but in the end those plans go to waste bin and we get the top-downs. This is what we see every single patch since 'human town' - absolute minimum effort.

A fucking 'war and peace' was written in less time than KoD is in development.

Anomaly33

Nov 6, 2020
What a great game (Noxian Nights) it was, and how foolish it was to spend SO MANY YEARS making this game. By now, there could have been 10 parts of Noxian Nights... It was a mistake to start making this product, as it was doomed to remain unfinished.
I don't think it's too large scope or anything. Seems like they just aren't even trying and update twice a year to dodge abandoned tag and continue milking patrons. There's no way ONE person, let alone a whole team, is working on this for hours every week, let alone every day.

ahrimansiah

Oct 28, 2017
lmao i mean they even didnt bother with story even when they are reusing old arts! they should have at least put some effort on writing and story instead of yeah sabia lost her way in new camp then orcs give her pussy a cramp

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes