Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
After 7 YEARS, game's still not completed and no where near to be completed. I mean it wouldn't be the first game that ended up like this because there are a lot of opportunists out there to milk their supporters as much as possible with projects like these. But what i would really like to know is what goes through their patreons'/supporters' minds. What could possibly be the reason for them to continue supporting and paying for this project after so many years?

Do they really think/believe that the game would be finished soon with this level of progression?
Do they have too much money to burn on projects like these without even caring?
Do they forget about their subscription for this project and they are getting charged every month without them realising?

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of projects are involved with some sort of money laundering scheme.
Just think about it, 7 fucking years...

FugginDamaged

May 20, 2020
After 7 YEARS, game's still not completed and no where near to be completed. I mean it wouldn't be the first game that ended up like this because there are a lot of opportunists out there to milk their supporters as much as possible with projects like these. But what i would really like to know is what goes through their patreons'/supporters' minds. What could possibly be the reason for them to continue supporting and paying for this project after so many years?

Do they really think/believe that the game would be finished soon with this level of progression?
Do they have too much money to burn on projects like these without even caring?
Do they forget about their subscription for this project and they are getting charged every month without them realising?

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of projects are involved with some sort of money laundering scheme.
Just think about it, 7 fucking years...
THIS HAS BEEN 7 YEARS IN THE MAKING??

Kourtams

May 8, 2017
Still haven't found how to trigger the 'new' content

" To access the new content, simply load a save that has been made before the message in-game that asked you to make a save before a certain point. " is not fuckling helpful

Reactions: gds21

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Has the update pace really been that bad? I feel like that only started after she left, but then again, it's been a hot minute since the split so I might remember wrong.
The original pace was something like 2 months per update. First release ended at the trial, second ended after dealing with the catgirls, third ended after the festival.

All of that was released in the span from May-2017 to October-2017 (3 releases in 5 months). Then the arena tournament update was only released in January-2018 (1 release in 3 months). I didn't mind this very much because it was a relatively small delay and the tournament update was really good imo.

Then the next release was in May-2018 (1 release in 4 months), not as much content but it had the excuse of being the first update for the "open-world exploration" content of the game. This was all done in the game's first year of releases.

Next was in September-2018 (1 release in 4 months), little content just adding a few random short quests to the open-world, this was the last update where SL fully worked on the game.

The pacing only really got atrocious afterwards, but it was already having serious indications of things slowing down considering it was doing smaller updates that were taking double the time of the older ones.

AtlisH27

Oct 1, 2017
At this point, it's a race to be the biggest shit show, between this, and Legend of Queen Opala: Origins. Honestly miss the days when you had good games that came out that didn't revolve around using shitty AI images for Parodies, or when a developer actually gives a damn about their product, instead of trying to drag it out to milk it for a profit. Only for them to abandoned it once they're no longer able to do that.

elpe

Feb 8, 2021
Still haven't found how to trigger the 'new' content

" To access the new content, simply load a save that has been made before the message in-game that asked you to make a save before a certain point. " is not fuckling helpful
Apparently it's after the training with Ranak (the Cage thing where all scenes are topdown). That's a storyline that already existed and they added something.

Reactions: Kourtams

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of Kingdom of Deception to v0.14.2.2.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: -

Firewally

Jul 21, 2018
General patreon milker thread shenanigans aside, anyone actively playing this, has the plot gone forward at all? Is Saria the Queen Whore of Orcs already? Is she interacting with human politics? Or is the game still in the strong woman sucks big black orc dick while she's out and about on irrelevant side quests that achieve nothing phase?

Reactions: gds21 and CookCop

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Has the update pace really been that bad? I feel like that only started after she left, but then again, it's been a hot minute since the split so I might remember wrong.
It was already pretty bad before she left. I did a bunch of checking the time between releases a long time back, so they're somewhere in the thread, but the time between releases was already growing when she still was with Hreinn. It has gotten generally worse since then, so if Sierra was helping keep progress going it wasn't enough even then.

Edit: I dug up one post about it with a rough time between updates through version.11 (just content releases, not bugfixes). I'm not bothering to go back and do the updates since then, since it's a bit of a pain and I really don't feel like it currebtly.

The problem is that Sierra leaving was too long ago for that to hold any real weight, and the time between updates wasn't great before that.

I posted this kind of thing a long while back, but pulling the most recent release dates posted a page back so I don't have to look them up myself again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We don't know exactly when Sierra left or when the other team members were brought on, but the estimates were around / between .5 to .6 IIRC. But regardless, they're long past the "new team coming up to speed and working well together" time period, which should be less than 6 moths or 2 updates for this. You can even see that the progress when Sierra left was still fairly consistent around 3-4 months between updates, then it's slowed massively since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lordchan and nyqz
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes