Feb 27, 2018
They left a comment to answer all the "news" questions.

"Hreinn Games
We're still working on .9 and we will put up a new update post when we have more to share. At the moment we are still working on the assets - it's a reasonably large workload, but we hope that everyone will be as excited as we are to see all the new sprites and the new towns in action!"

So most likely, they'll finish around the end of august.
They are still working... Just cancel the game already.. I swear if get 3 scenes again..

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017
THEY LITERALY SAID THAT WE SHOULD BE EXCITED FOR THE NEW SPRITES AND TOWNS!!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY FUCKED ITS A SICK JOKE WHO CARES ABOUTH THE FUCKING TOWNS WHO PAYS AND PLAYS THIS GAME TO SEE THE ART ON THE TOWNS THIS IS A SICK JOKE

Viressa

May 24, 2018
THEY LITERALY SAID THAT WE SHOULD BE EXCITED FOR THE NEW SPRITES AND TOWNS!!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY FUCKED ITS A SICK JOKE WHO CARES ABOUTH THE FUCKING TOWNS WHO PAYS AND PLAYS THIS GAME TO SEE THE ART ON THE TOWNS THIS IS A SICK JOKE
It's been clear for a while that the aim of this project has always been a serious RPG story with the h-scenes as a side element, but y'all still think they're gonna turn around and start making it Noxian Nights 2 any day now.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
It's been clear for a while that the aim of this project has always been a serious RPG story with the h-scenes as a side element, but y'all still think they're gonna turn around and start making it Noxian Nights 2 any day now.
Even allowing for it to be a "serious RPG", it's pretty bad at progress. At most you get a few pages of story and, so far, a fairly standard battle system or shitty raiding system to play in each update, with the time between updates discussed at length already.

Now, if they really wanted it to be a serious RPG with adult features from the start, they really should have either started a separate campaign to make the distinction clearer or not had nearly as much focus on the scenes in the early updates.

Reactions: Taak

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
It doesn't seem like even that would be enough for most people here. For example NN had tons of reused content or slightly altered artwork while KoD is heavily criticized for it when it happens.

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
It doesn't seem like even that would be enough for most people here. For example NN had tons of reused content or slightly altered artwork while KoD is heavily criticized for it when it happens.
NN was also coming out much faster and while the sex scenes reused CGs a lot, the game was more interesting/amusing then KoD by a wide margin.
KoD's narrative put me to sleep honestly, so even THAT isn't a Saving Grace.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
NN was also coming out much faster and while the sex scenes reused CGs a lot, the game was more interesting/amusing then KoD by a wide margin.
KoD's narrative put me to sleep honestly, so even THAT isn't a Saving Grace.
Well, the last part is subjective. You don't enjoy the narrative and a lot of people seems to agree with you. But either way one of the first things we've been told about this game is that it will focus a lot more on narrative than NN and that is exactly what's happening. It's everyone's right to not enjoy it, but in terms of content we are getting more or less what we were promised.
But i'm with you on the update speed. NN was rolled out a lot faster and i think a lot of that comes from a few miscalculations by the creators early on. The artwork is higher quality, plus it has backgrounds, so that takes longer to make. In comparison RPGMaker is a lot faster than Renpy, that's two. And the first thing they did was to cut the story into 3 parallel lines right at the beginning which they have to develop at the same time. This gives us less story per update even if they put in more work than they did with NN.

Reactions: Not_A_Horse

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
Well, the last part is subjective. You don't enjoy the narrative and a lot of people seems to agree with you. But either way one of the first things we've been told about this game is that it will focus a lot more on narrative than NN and that is exactly what's happening. It's everyone's right to not enjoy it, but in terms of content we are getting more or less what we were promised.
But i'm with you on the update speed. NN was rolled out a lot faster and i think a lot of that comes from a few miscalculations by the creators early on. The artwork is higher quality, plus it has backgrounds, so that takes longer to make. In comparison RPGMaker is a lot faster than Renpy, that's two. And the first thing they did was to cut the story into 3 parallel lines right at the beginning which they have to develop at the same time. This gives us less story per update even if they put in more work than they did with NN.
I mean, so far the story is a bog standard "hero learns the truth" plot, except the orcs are kinda assholes and so is sabias kingdom. So everyone is assholes for the mostpart. The few good parts of it, nieves hinted relationship with the orcs (why is she staying if that one captain wronged her so bad?), the innkeepers past, and that one chill orc all remind me a lot of the last soverign, so with sierra gone, i imagine well get less subtle storytelling and more bland ass pocahontas shit.
The time frame is no mystery, theyre milking patreons for money, given how little they respond to feedback, that seems apparent.
I can get behind the idea of a story driven hrpg, tls was one, and that game was engrossing as fuck. So was opala, but since opaka didnt have sierra level writing, they drew heavily from the "silly and endearing" category with archtypes like the bumbling villain and the earnest, in over her head princess.
Kod doesnt have any of that. Kods BEST quality by far is the character design, if they want to make a good game, id say focus on thay. Make a decent story, with tons of great lookings characters, and have sabia get plowed by them in various levels of depravity.
The hope for a narrative driven game left with sieera. Nomo is an amazing artist and character designer, but they are no great writer. Id say they should hedge their bets on what they know will work, will make fans happy, and will garner support for a better planned story game.
Ill still play kod, everyone in this thread will, but ill not pay a cent for it until their feedback gets a lot better.

Architect04

Jul 27, 2018
Dam one of my favorite games is pretty much dead in the water at this point........ I need a hug
I feel you on this one. It had promise and I was super excited to see them start this after how much I enjoyed NN. Unfortunately the problems they ran into, Sierra leaving and the long development between releases has kinda killed the game. At this point I would be fine with them cutting it loose and starting with something fresh. Take what you learned from this and the success you had with NN and combine it. The hype from NN coming into this for people(I know it was stated to be different from the start) was more than they anticipated, NN was simple, Dialogue was short and to the point, H scenes could be found everywhere, Riven and the side characters were known and people gravitated to that as well. Then KoD with unknown characters and long story driven text and less h scenes was a turn off to people becuase they waited months for tons of text and only 2 - 3 new scenes, some that were basically reskins.

Reactions: Anmitsu and greenp
3.90 star(s) 73 Votes